Refunds or cancellations of Disney World Annual Passes

zengoth

Has anyone just renewed their AP online? If so, is it set up to present and accept current choices? And i assume wdw is still honoring the 30 window past expiration to honor re-up prices? I have received the announcement email, but the fact that so many folks on this thread have to call customer service is a bit disheartening. Thanx in advance.

Ransom

I called yesterday because we have renewal certificates that we haven't turned into passes yet. I asked what our options are, and I was told we can just wait until we go to WDW -- even if it's a couple of years from now -- and at that point just pay the difference between what we paid for these renewal certificates and the then-current price of a non-renewal pass. That works fine for me. I just didn't want to have paid for a pass that I can't use at all.

vikescaper

I am on the monthly payment plan. I called this afternoon to take the 2nd option---postponed my monthly payments----so my pass expiration date will be extended. Believe it or not, I waited less than 10 minutes to speak to someone. The first person I spoke to had to refer me to someone who knew more about the passholder options. The second person I spoke to had to fill out some kind of paperwork in order to initiate the change. All in all, it was a relatively painless process. No complaints!
I called yesterday, too, and it was really painless. I had more trouble with the menu system than actually getting my pass taken care of. I selected the second option because I wanted my expiration date to be be extended.

aladdin2007

I am on the monthly payment plan. I called this afternoon to take the 2nd option---postponed my monthly payments----so my pass expiration date will be extended. Believe it or not, I waited less than 10 minutes to speak to someone. The first person I spoke to had to refer me to someone who knew more about the passholder options. The second person I spoke to had to fill out some kind of paperwork in order to initiate the change. All in all, it was a relatively painless process. No complaints!

Now Im confused....I thought they were automatically postponing all monthly payments?..I understood it that if you do nothing, payments will automatically stop till they reopen but no extension on the pass...yet Im reading your info as you have to call to postpone the payments and then you get an extension?

lazyboy97o

Now Im confused....I thought they were automatically postponing all monthly payments?..I understood it that if you do nothing, payments will automatically stop till they reopen but no extension on the pass...yet Im reading your info as you have to call to postpone the payments and then you get an extension?
They’re automatically not charging for the closure and your expiration date does not change. Or you can choose to postpone your payments and extend your expiration date.

donsullivan

Premium Member

According to the email I got from Disney today, if you do nothing your payments stopped in March and will resume on your normal payment day of the month after they reopen, and your renewal date will stay exactly the same as it was before all this. If your pass expired during the interval the parks are closed, your expiration date will be pushed out the number of days you had left on it when they closed after the reopening date.

If you want to choose the other variations like extending your expiration date after they reopen you need to contact them.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

According to the email I got from Disney today, if you do nothing your payments stopped in March and will resume on your normal payment day of the month after they reopen, and your renewal date will stay exactly the same. If you want to choose the variations you need to contact them.

These emails are confusing. I pay monthly and I want a refund. Is the refund automatic or I have to call?

zengoth

I re-upped my AP online and there was absolutely no verbiage about current practices. It was all BAU. Even contacting disney via email I saw messages that said "if your vacation is within the next 2 weeks...", so apparently disney is not updating much online beyond global status bars (c'mon disney, i'm sure you web dev staff would love to put in a few hours!)

Also curious, if Disney opens somehow during the summer are they still going to stick me with the blackout dates? "Hi, we're open - just not for you! come back when it's crowded!":p

Prince-1

Also curious, if Disney opens somehow during the summer are they still going to stick me with the blackout dates? "Hi, we're open - just not for you! come back when it's crowded!":p

Yes they will. Why would they allow blackout dates to be lifted and have even more people in the parks

jmp85

I was able to call and elect the postpone/extend option tonight. It was a little strange, however. The cast member basically asked me for my address and then said "alrighty then, you're good to go, anything else I can do for you?" I asked if I would receive confirmation via email or some other avenue and he said "maybe, but your pass will be extended once we open so don't worry." Did anyone else receive confirmation or is my experience the norm?

SoFloMagic

I was able to call and elect the postpone/extend option tonight. It was a little strange, however. The cast member basically asked me for my address and then said "alrighty then, you're good to go, anything else I can do for you?" I asked if I would receive confirmation via email or some other avenue and he said "maybe, but your pass will be extended once we open so don't worry." Did anyone else receive confirmation or is my experience the norm?
They told me it goes into a queue for processing and they'll call me when it's done

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They told me it goes into a queue for processing and they'll call me when it's done
1587527285362.png

Just called to cancel my pass as I live out of state and am not sure when I'll be able to go back. My rep said that they're not processing the refund until they have a reopen date, so essentially if they don't reopen until July or August, I won't get my money back until that time. Not a huge deal, but kind of frustrating since that is a good chunk of change.
ETA: My pass renewed in early February so I still have to pay for the time between it's renewal and their closure date of March 14. So had to pay for a month, which isn't bad.

jensenrick

I was going to wait and take the extended days, but if the rumor is true that they are only opening with MK, it's not worth it.

Has anyone tried the refund option? How was that experience, and did you get a refund yet?

ant04

Two questions for APers who have paid fully upfront and requested a refund:

1. How is the refund amount determined? Is is strictly based upon amount of days remaining regardless of blackout dates, etc...? I was about halfway through my Silver AP period when parks closed.
2. I paid 95% of my upfront fee with a gift card and 5% with a credit card. Will the refund be issued back in the form of a Disney gift card then? Or can they refund all to my credit card?

I do not see myself going back for at least a year or 2. So a refund is my best option. I would also be willing to freeze my AP status for that period of time too if they were willing, but does not seem like that is an option.

Thanks!

biggy H

Two questions for APers who have paid fully upfront and requested a refund:

1. How is the refund amount determined? Is is strictly based upon amount of days remaining regardless of blackout dates, etc...? I was about halfway through my Silver AP period when parks closed.
2. I paid 95% of my upfront fee with a gift card and 5% with a credit card. Will the refund be issued back in the form of a Disney gift card then? Or can they refund all to my credit card?

I do not see myself going back for at least a year or 2. So a refund is my best option. I would also be willing to freeze my AP status for that period of time too if they were willing, but does not seem like that is an option.

Thanks!

This is the information we got when we rang up:- If you have paid in full you only have 2 options, either extend the expiry date or you get a refund only for the days the parks are shut. You will not be able to cancel the remaining time if you pass expires after the parks reopen. How much you get back will depend on how long the shutdown is. You won't get anything until they know when the parks are open either and they don't know how the refunds will be worked out. We have 2 APs we want to get a refund and 2 which we want extended in our family, all are Gold passes.

IMDREW

So I just spoke with guest service and got the following. Good to know, I renewed my annual pass last November, did not have a chance to use it even one time so far!

They offered me a full refund, but I chose instead for an interaction file for my Platinum Pass Renewal for a future date. That means that at any date from now I can go to Guest Services at the park or DS and get a new annual pass for the renewal price. I only have to pay the difference, if that would be the case. There is no expiry date on this file.

I am VERY happy with this. Now my money won't go to waste and I don't have to fork out that big chunk of money for a new pass somewhere in the coming two years because I've already paid that. Also happy it will be the at the renewal rate!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom