Refunds or cancellations of Disney World Annual Passes

sixbagelboy

Got six hours to kill? Call them.
I tried twice. I was on hold for 28 minutes the first call and 26 minutes for the second. The first call, I asked the woman my question and she didn't know the answer so she transferred me to the Internet help desk. No help there! The second call, when someone eventually answered, she was going to give her recommendation but I got disconnected (or she hung up on me). I guess I'll try to call layer in the evening.

JoeCamel

I tried twice. I was on hold for 28 minutes the first call and 26 minutes for the second. The first call, I asked the woman my question and she didn't know the answer so she transferred me to the Internet help desk. No help there! The second call, when someone eventually answered, she was going to give her recommendation but I got disconnected (or she hung up on me). I guess I'll try to call layer in the evening.
Yeah, it will take some time to get an answer. Let us know here what happens. My guess is renewal window extended

donsullivan

Premium Member
Not certain if this has been asked, but my AP expired on April 08. I am on the monthly plan. If I renew, will I immediately have to pay the monthly amount? If I wait to renew until the parks open, will I lose my renewal discount if more than 30 days pass?

Based on the protocols they announced your pass hasn't actually expired. Your entitlement window was paused when the parks closed. Whenever they reopen, your renewal date should be reset to the opening date plus however many days there were between the parks closing and your AP expiration date. That will give you ample time for renewal as normal.

sixbagelboy

Based on the protocols they announced your pass hasn't actually expired. Your entitlement window was paused when the parks closed. Whenever they reopen, your renewal date should be reset to the opening date plus however many days there were between the parks closing and your AP expiration date. That will give you ample time for renewal as normal.
Per the MDE site, my pass is indeed expired Iit says it in big red font). The way I found out was I was curious if I could get any FastPasses 30 days out. My wife was able to be get Fast Passes but I couldn't get past the first screen - It said I needed a valid Park Pass. Curious I checked when mine expired and it was a few days ago.

Notes from Neverland

Per the MDE site, my pass is indeed expired Iit says it in big red font). The way I found out was I was curious if I could get any FastPasses 30 days out. My wife was able to be get Fast Passes but I couldn't get past the first screen - It said I needed a valid Park Pass. Curious I checked when mine expired and it was a few days ago.
Says the same for us even though we renewed a couple months ago. I wouldn't read too far into it at this time.

peter11435

It shows that but your pass will still likely be extended given that it expired during the closure period.

Ripken10

I could be wrong, but I would bet that they have not implemented any code to extend annual passes at this point. Several reasons they wouldn't, but regardless, it looks like that is what they did unless there is another reason your park pass is expired.

donsullivan

Premium Member

I wouldn't worry about it. Based on the scenarios they announced recently they likely have to write a bunch of new application code to deal with these new scenarios the system was not designed to deal with. Once that code is deployed and they have a new re-opening date things will reset and you'll be fine. They also have the update they've announced to be able to choose which way you want your AP to be handled; extend, or pause and keep the same expiration dates. All that is still in development and pending a new opening date. It doesn't make any sense for them to change anything until they have a re-opening date and then they can reset all the AP's only once.

raymusiccity

I haven't read this whole thread but the people who were defending Disney continuing to bill people while the parks are closed is absolutely mind boggling to me. I swear there is always a group of humans who just like seeing other humans get screwed in some fashion.
I'm sure all loan companies will be refunding car payments for all of the time that people haven't been driving their cars. :oops:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm sure all loan companies will be refunding car payments for all of the time that people haven't been driving their cars. :oops:
...or anything else for that matter.

This whole thread is one for the ages: people apparently want annual passes as a “right”...but then it’s not much of a status symbol when the bills are due?

I don’t get this one...and I’m very “proletariat”

ThatMouse

I wonder if passholders can still get a "partial refund" if we call in September when it's still not safe to go into large crowds but the park is open anyway? Disney doesn't email me directly; they tell me what's going on with my $1100 passes thru blog posts I guess.

Ksearcy

It hasn't been 6 hours since Steve posted this new info :)
I am on the monthly payment plan. I called this afternoon to take the 2nd option---postponed my monthly payments----so my pass expiration date will be extended. Believe it or not, I waited less than 10 minutes to speak to someone. The first person I spoke to had to refer me to someone who knew more about the passholder options. The second person I spoke to had to fill out some kind of paperwork in order to initiate the change. All in all, it was a relatively painless process. No complaints!

Hobnail Boot

Not certain if this has been asked, but my AP expired on April 08. I am on the monthly plan. If I renew, will I immediately have to pay the monthly amount? If I wait to renew until the parks open, will I lose my renewal discount if more than 30 days pass?
I know some people have given answers on this, but I wanted to share what I was told.

My pass expired on April 6th and I called that day to get some clarification on the extension. The cast member seemed knowledgeable, and told me that my pass will be extended however many days the parks are closed BUT it won't show that on MDE or the website until a reopening date has been announced. She said the reason for that is they don't know when the reopening is so they are holding off on updating it until then. As of that day, she said it puts my pass expiration some time in May and I'll have 30 days from that point to renew at the renewal rate.

That's been a couple of weeks now but it sounds like that policy hasn't changed. Just sharing my experience :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom