Reflections of Earth Status??

AdLibSean

Original Poster
Couple months back, I read a topic discussing the show and how it was doing. Apparently, the inferno barge was down for rehab but soon went up again. Then I heard the fireworks that shoot towards the center of the lagoon were replaced with cheaper shorter range ones that weren't as imressive... My question to anyone who has seen it lately is- how is the show? Have there been any significant changes? Thanks!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
i've seen the current Illuminations well over 100 times, and I haven't noticed any differences since the first time I saw it. Maybe they've just been VERY gradual about them and I can't notice them

pheneix

>>>Have there been any significant changes?<<<

The finale has a few more rounds of pyro, but that is about it. They really haven't changed the show much at all.

WDWFREAK53

best display of fireworks I've ever seen...NUFF SAID

(I was thinking about this on the 4th...ONLY Disney can have a STORYLINE behind a fireworks display)

wdwcrazy

I also noticed that the finale was (before the we go on part) was a little different. They just used some different fireworks at the end from previous shows. It's still just as good as it's always been. I remember hearing that it's going to be there for at least 4 or 5 years.

epc0t

I'm not sure as to the official status of the show, and it's been several months since I've seen it, but I can tell you that the show will change based upon real time conditions. For example, if the wind changes at any given point in the show, parts of the show can be cut for safety reasons. If the wind should return to an optimal speed/direction, the previously removed parts can be re-inserted. All kinds of factors determine how the show proceeds, from weather to nearby airplanes. I've seen a great deal of performances, and I almost always notice something missing. The most obvious are the perimeter fireworks that launch from the shores of the lagoon. I don't think it takes a whole lot to pull those from the show due to their proximity to the guests.

During my tenure as a CM, I was watching ROE one night with a good friend of mine (we were not in costume) - and they cut all the perimeter fireworks out of the show. We were in the middle of a huge crowd, and I was like "Aw man! I can't believe they cut the perimeters - this sucks!" My friend quickly grabbed me and told me to "Shut up!" She pointed out that I was a little loud with my disappointment, and that I was easily within earshot of 20 or so guests. Oops! Heh. I hope I didn't ruin it for them!

-epc0t

jimmybop

Thats one of the things i miss most from my stay as a CP @ WDW this spring... getting to see ROE atleast once a week.... I always was upset when the "rimmers" didnt go off... and i could always pick out what didnt work that show.. ( i saw it way to much... lets just say i could tell u when each firework would go off, my friends thought i was nuts) :D :lol:

AdLibSean

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! Glad to see the show hasn't changed. I feel better about seeing it now. Thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom