News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

HoldenC

Or... they're saying it's the last time to see Illuminations+July4thTag together.

The DPB isn't known for their clarity. Or correctness. Or informativeness. Or timeliness.

Someone in marketing is being whipped to drum up attendance for a slow summer.
If you had the ability to read, you would see that my post said "appears to confirm" 🙄

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
SIAP, but do we know if the new show is going to be called "IllumiNations: Something Not ROE" or is the "IllumiNations" part going away too?

The interim show is being called: Epcot Forever

And as mentioned, the permanent show that supposed to start in 2020 is rumored be called: Illuminations: Windows of the World

spectromagic04

Wow just watched the live stream of tonight’s performance and YIKES. There was barely any fireworks probably 60% less than normal. There was literally no grand finale it was just music. The globe was a hot mess

NeonNinja

With the end near of an over 20 year old earth globe and an over 20 year old show its bound to happen lets hope 4th of july doesn't fail us this year.

Father Robinson

Couple large sections of earth globe out, lots of mismatched and substituted pyro, large amounts of pyro missing entirely. Combined with the aging fountains and audio system it made for a very embarrassing presentation.
There wasn't any mismatched pyro, just a lack thereof unfortunately. They can manually shutdown the launchers of all or specific pyro if there's an indication of anything wrong. That looks like what happened. Looks like it was a decision to abort certain launch tubes. I wouldn't suspect this will continue..I hope.

peter11435

There wasn't any mismatched pyro, just a lack thereof unfortunately. They can manually shutdown the launchers of all or specific pyro if there's an indication of anything wrong. That looks like what happened. Looks like it was a decision to abort certain launch tubes. I wouldn't suspect this will continue..I hope.
There was definitely some mismatched product. There were several instances of the the wrong product or color used. But I agree that the missing pyro was likely the result of something going wrong during this particular performance and will likely not continue.

Father Robinson

There was definitely some mismatched product. There were several instances of the the wrong product or color used. But I agree that the missing pyro was likely the result of something going wrong during this particular performance and will likely not continue.
Mmm, I'd take another look. I've noticed a lot that sometimes the pyro doesn't always behave the same way when it's fired (bursts before it's supposed to..) I noticed that a few times in that video. Also sometimes the angle at which the show is shot from can make certain elements appear different than if they were viewed from another location, again I noticed that in the video too. I'll take another look, but I'm pretty sure what was actually fired last night was loaded and fired correctly.

peter11435

Mmm, I'd take another look. I've noticed a lot that sometimes the pyro doesn't always behave the same way when it's fired (bursts before it's supposed to..) I noticed that a few times in that video. Also sometimes the angle at which the show is shot from can make certain elements appear different than if they were viewed from another location, again I noticed that in the video too. I'll take another look, but I'm pretty sure what was actually fired last night was loaded and fired correctly.
I was there in person and have seen the show well over 100 times. There was definitely some substituted product and some product of the wrong color used.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was there in person and have seen the show well over 100 times. There was definitely some substituted product and some product of the wrong color used.
I’ve given up trying to figure out what product is right or wrong. The show has changed so much beyond recognition from the original 1999 specifications it should be called Reflections of Reflections of Earth.

Watching last nights video I suspect a lot if not all the missing pyro was due to upper wind concerns. Edit; upon researching I’m almost certain.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I’ve given up trying to figure out what product is right or wrong. The show has changed so much beyond recognition from the original 1999 specifications it should be called Reflections of Reflections of Earth.

Watching last nights video I suspect a lot if not all the missing pyro was due to upper wind concerns.
If it was due to weather, they have seriously reduced the wind speed tolerance. Looking at the clouds/smoke and weather data from last night, it was fairly typical. The full show should have been possible. Are we still seeing the effects of that shell landing in the WS plaza?

Like much of Epcot, RoE is now best remembered as it was and not what it currently is.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If it was due to weather, they have seriously reduced the wind speed tolerance. Looking at the clouds/smoke and weather data from last night, it was fairly typical. The full show should have been possible. Are we still seeing the effects of that shell landing in the WS plaza?

Like much of Epcot, RoE is now best remembered as it was and not what it currently is.
Perimeters are out at around 10 mph. Most high stuff around 12 mph. Almost everything not on the lagoon by 15mph.

It’s worth noting these aren’t blanket bans. Particular launchers can be reinitiated in real-time should gusts drop (and be pulled just as quick)

I guarantee this had nothing to do with me being hit by a part shell on the 35th :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom