News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

I wonder if Harmonius will have a original theme song? Based on the “How Far I’ll Go/Go The Distance” piece of music we have heard, that almost sounds like the finale of the show?

mikeymouse

Yeah mostly lighting and sound and different effects. No major pyro yet and the large barges aren’t done yet.

Large barge or large marge?
de0fd8e881fee8a9bc8581e2b244c747.jpg

Crazydisneyfanluke

@marni1971 Do you know the reason why they are debuting such a major show (Harmonius) Before the park’s transformation is, even close to, being completed? Timing seems to be off. I feel like they ended Illuminations to soon, or they should have created a stronger interim show that could have lasted until at least Some of the transformation was completed? By 2023 won’t Harmomius been kinda, old news? Unless it will be THAT amazing and mind blowing that will keep guests wanting to see it over and over again. Unlike Rivers of Light that’s more a less a one and done and forgetful show. Maybe that’s why they put Steve Davison in charge of Harmonius? Lol. Granted WDWs team created HEA and that happened to become very popular.

Harmonious is like World of Color, they need something new and exciting to keep people coming into WallCOT while it transforms into IPCOT.

TTA94

I think Harmonius will be a amazing show, But sadly it will be highly bashed and disliked because of Where it’s at... It simply is not going to go over well for many fans hearing any type of Disney tunes blasting around WS, no matter how hard the creative team try to make it about the world and countries. It’s just something Epcot fans have to accept and go into it prepared, and Disney has already showed us what to expect music wise. For those going into the show expecting it to be little to no Disney songs and hardly noticeable... well, those are the guests/fans who will end up having a breakdown lol.
Best advice is to focus on the visual aspects if nothing more which sounds like the creative team is going all out. Granted I know the soundtrack for any show highly makes or breaks it as does the flow and story/message. If it ends up being a disorganized mess like a certain show over at DAK and the mess Harmonius is replacing... Then Harmonius will be in trouble lol.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think Harmonius will be a amazing show, But sadly it will be highly bashed and disliked because of Where it’s at... It simply is not going to go over well for many fans hearing any type of Disney tunes blasting around WS, no matter how hard the creative team try to make it about the world and countries. It’s just something Epcot fans have to accept and go into it prepared, and Disney has already showed us what to expect music wise. For those going into the show expecting it to be little to no Disney songs and hardly noticeable... well, those are the guests/fans who will end up having a breakdown lol.
Best advice is to focus on the visual aspects if nothing more which sounds like the creative team is going all out. Granted I know the soundtrack for any show highly makes or breaks it as does the flow and story/message. If it ends up being a disorganized mess like a certain show over at DAK and the mess Harmonius is replacing... Then Harmonius will be in trouble lol.
Technically it’ll be very clever. So was Rivers of Light and Light Magic. And they had the bonus of fitting in their location.

Epcot82Guy

I do hope this ends up being a quality show. Because, to have all this transition and then a lackluster show as a result would be a true travesty. And, there's a way to make the idea of Harmonius work in that location. It would never be as ambitious as Illuminations by its nature. But, even I can see a really interesting show using Disney music with the language and song styles of the origin country. If we just had that vs. IP overload, I actually think the uproar would be less. (At least for me personally as an admitted purist.)

If this ends up being just another clips show on a loose idea of "togetherness" or with some really trite story, that will be an absolute shame.

TTA94

I believe they are staying out in the lagoon.
Will they be themed in some way or stay looking like a black barge? Hard to tell because in the previews it looks as though they might be themed in some way and the moving arms will be gold?

Way back when it was first announced there will be a new show for Epcot there as a rumor of them using the same tech as RoL with the unmanned moving barges? That was a rocky road for them at first.

Disney Analyst

I assume they've wanted to switch to a more permanent structure in lagoon for some time. I would assume the bridge disruption is something they want to be rid of (assuming these new barges wouldn't fit under it).

FullSailDan

Not just for views but I would think it would be hard on the equipment to be stuck out in the middle of the lagoon in the beating sun and weather. Then again backstage might not be much better and lighting equipment is stuck out at DAK and MK so, lol 🤷‍♂️

I think the existing barges are kept out in the sun/rain? However, I'd think these are built to be in water, exposed to the elements, so sure they will need some upkeep, but the average guest wont be up-close with them. So minor weather marks and such shouldn't be a problem. Paint over time should be enough and that's relatively easy.

Edit: and in terms of the mechanical/electrical components, same deal. They should be built to withstand the elements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom