News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

techgeek

I wonder why there was such a rush to destroy the earth barge. Did they need the backstage space, was the barge an insurance liability due to the high hazard of the mechanism, or was it done so the show could never be performed again?

I don’t have any insider knowledge, but I imagine It was convenient. They have a crane and crews already right there they are using the build the new barges.

Considering how twitchy the earth barge was on a day to day basis, I doubt it would be feasible to use in show without extensive rehab after being in ‘storage’ for any length of time. The only reason it still worked at all was because it was receiving daily attention. You let things sit, it quickly decays.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I wonder why there was such a rush to destroy the earth barge. Did they need the backstage space, was the barge an insurance liability due to the high hazard of the mechanism, or was it done so the show could never be performed again?

Do we know for a fact that it was scrapped? We saw the globe taken apart, but if they were going to transport it somewhere they would likely still do that first.

montyz81

Looking at the pictures of the service area for the night time show seems weird without the earth barge. I really think they should have put it in the lagoon at Disney Springs

Crazydisneyfanluke

Should we be concerned we haven’t heard any update or opening date yet for Harmonious? They just announced the opening date for a few other things for next year.
They may not want another ROL incident, where they announce a time frame it will be open and then delay it. They could be holding off until they have finished construction of the barges and started testing the technology.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom