• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

markham

I feel like one of the most successful versions of what they wanted to do here is found in the Peace on Earth tag. Sometimes being explicit in your intent isn’t a bad thing, and I am all for another around the world, country by country, called out participation about living in harmony with a bit of narration neatly wrapping up the concept. The narration as it exists at the end just isn’t it. Or there needs to be more of it. And maybe not just at the beginning and end.

Edited to note: if I were looking at Disney IP for a show called harmonious about bringing different cultures together, I’d take a long, hard look at how to include Strangers Like Me.

peter11435

Yep, tons of news coming out this morning to distract from the bad PR of yesterday's KiteTails and Harmonious. They've both been panned across the internet on all social media.
Everything announced today was planned to be announced today. Nothing (yet) has been a reaction to poor response for the new shows. But yes, KiteTails is awful and Harmonious needs a lot of work.

danv3

Fandom crossover...

1633037919560.png

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I would love to go to Epcot one night waiting for a great night show and hearing the old preshow music to I:RoE

Oh well…let’s hope the new fireworks show tonight at MK doesnt bomb

Ayla

There's one more thing I want to say regarding Harmonious and it relates to this tweet:

This take drives me insane. "If you didn't like Harmonious, it wasn't for you." Seriously? Does this mean that if a person likes Harmonious, Illuminations: ROE wasn't for them? How does that make any sense?

I see more and more Disney fans using this kind of ridiculous logic on Twitter, and it's really pathetic. The show was created to entertain as many guests that purchased a ticket to the park as is possible. That criticism of Harmonious is as loud as it is, is evidence that, as of last night, it failed in that regard.
I've seen a bunch of it today from pixie dust huffers and I roll my eyes and move on.

wtyy21

I would love to go to Epcot one night waiting for a great night show and hearing the old preshow music to I:RoE

Don't expecting high the new MK firework show (Enchantment) from DLR fans who think the 50th anniversary fireworks should be about park/resort, attractions and nostalgia. They will be disappointing that show is much focused of recent Disney films. DLR fans will showing more negative reviews to DE than anyone else because they watching 50th anniversary fireworks in 2005.

trainplane3

I never was interested in ROE compared to the other nighttime shows, can some tell me what made it a fan favorite?
For me, the music. I totally acknowledge the slow bits bored people but the soundtrack was original and unique.

RoL was the same but that thing was a total slog that played all the tricks in the first 2 minutes. Reveals are important to shows but now we've had two that have shown everything off in the first few minutes. You could leave at the 5 minute mark and not miss a surprise.

Disneyson

I never was interested in ROE compared to the other nighttime shows, can some tell me what made it a fan favorite?
It told the story of the universe in a succinct, artistic way, and in doing so told the story of EPCOT: After the big bang, the show goes through time and talks about human achievement in much the way that the Future World (RIP) pavilions do. The finale was a celebration of togetherness that pretty explicitly roped the rest of the countries around the lagoon in.

The show slowly incorporated more and more elements that built on themselves: The fire barges, lasers, the globe, then fountains and the countries. Fireworks were one of the last things added but they felt earned rather than obligatory.

The finale lights the torches around the globe and then revealed a "21st" torch in the center of the lagoon to represent the 21st century (the show was part of a larger 2000s celebration that tied into a parade around the lagoon that celebrated wishes for the world in the new century) and fireworks shot from it in a "points of light" finale that I think is still one of the most breathtaking moments of Disney stagecraft to this day.

And the music was iconic.

Last edited:

Ayla

There are no fireworks for the public tonight at MK. Only for the Super Speshul (sic)!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom