Reflections of China closing

doctornick

Is there any updates to the new China film? Is it even happening anymore or was it totally scrapped?

I thought I had read that they had already filmed scenes for it so it feels like that would be a chunk of the expense but not sure if that is true.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is there any updates to the new China film? Is it even happening anymore or was it totally scrapped?

I thought I had read that they had already filmed scenes for it so it feels like that would be a chunk of the expense but not sure if that is true.
radio silence

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I feel like the new film will never see the light of day...for what reason, who knows!

I think the timing of China taking over Hong Kong (not to go into details but they were still supposed to be "one country two systems" until ~2047) and COVID around the time they were supposed to do the filming and the extra cost to upgrade the theater to the "seamless 360" made this a more challenging thing that they probably don't want to do until a lot of things calm down.

discos

I think the timing of China taking over Hong Kong (not to go into details but they were still supposed to be "one country two systems" until ~2047) and COVID around the time they were supposed to do the filming and the extra cost to upgrade the theater to the "seamless 360" made this a more challenging thing that they probably don't want to do until a lot of things calm down.
Really? I could have sworn @marni1971 mentioned back in 2019ish that the film was already shot but maybe I'm mistaken. I see your point about them wanting to wait until things calm down. Makes sense

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Really? I could have sworn @marni1971 mentioned back in 2019ish that the film was already shot but maybe I'm mistaken. I see your point about them wanting to wait until things calm down. Makes sense
Memory is hazy but i want to say budget was approved for a new CV rig. It may have got built but I don’t think it was used in anger.

DreamfinderGuy

Memory is hazy but i want to say budget was approved for a new CV rig. It may have got built but I don’t think it was used in anger.
In the preview center they showed new seamless circlevision footage that they said was part of the new film though. Seems to me like they did do some filming but clearly never finished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom