News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

peter11435

Where were you at this time, exactly?

You do know that bookings were way down after 2000 - millennial fallout and the delayed dot.com effect - correct?

Half the management at CBR was slated to go to POP in 2002...but were sent elsewhere.

Are you getting this from Vlogs?
Or is your name - in fact - “Paul”, “Erin”, “al” or “lee”??

If so...you’re my hero 😍
Well for one I had reservations at Pop for December of 2001 that I booked in June of that year. Those dates can’t be disputed.

I was also there throughout 2001 to see first hand the status of the construction so I know that it was further along than dirt in fall of that year. There is also substantial photographic evidence available to back this up.

I know bookings were down and it was not a great year. But that doesn’t change any of the facts presented in my post.

And I did stay at Pop Century in December of 2003 when the resort did finally open.

When the resort was originally scheduled to open in December of 2001 it would not have been the entire resort. Classic years would have opened in phases later followed by legendary years opening in phases until the resort would have been fully operational in 2003. The same phased process was used when opening other large resorts including All-Star and Saratoga Springs were buildings were slowly finished and opened over the course of many months.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

This is what I mean by Gaudiesque btw.
1592660428568.jpeg

1592660476121.jpeg

Love Ft Wilderness

Hi! I'm new to the forum but found that this site has been the most informative.
Has anybody been to the Fort since it reopened? I was wondering if anybody could see if the old trail to Wilderness Lodge might possibly be restored from the new horse barn. Any update? Thank you all!

jmuboy

Hi! I'm new to the forum but found that this site has been the most informative.
Has anybody been to the Fort since it reopened? I was wondering if anybody could see if the old trail to Wilderness Lodge might possibly be restored from the new horse barn. Any update? Thank you all!

Please don't quote me as an official source - I am not. However, I want to say I read that yes, the trail would return as part of "restoring" (I assume grass and tree planting) at the Reflections construction side.

jbolen2

Glad to see this project getting put back on the shelf. Hopefully when they do dust it off they put some more details in it. Only thing we were looking forward to is a quick serve meal close to the campground.

YorkshireT

They even knock out decent hotels in the Canaries- I stayed in this one 20 years ago when it first opened in Gran Canaria- Gaudie inspired.

02FBA707-DFC0-44B0-BB6E-3E9D6EB6F9EE.jpeg
32CB8677-0177-4646-9D68-5BEECEEC6930.jpeg
FE2D998C-0A4B-4AFC-B803-E415C3059C83.jpeg

rle4lunch

They're just gonna put 'urban' camp sites out there. With propane campfires. For $487 a night, your adventure begins. Book a 5 day/6 night luxury campsite with spectacular views of trees, weeds, snakes, along with other indigenous wildlife that we've had imported from exotic locations! There you'll enjoy your own 'pop-up' style tent, with all the amenities, including portapotty, personal rainshower tent, and Mickey inspired sun awning. All the while, you're able to keep your social distancing in place. Locally grown mosquitoes provide fun activities such as "The West Nile Shuffle and Run". While there, dine on master craft cuisine from Seven Seas Lagoon, sustainable gator tail with a tomato Ragu, or create your own lunch from the outdoor offerings. Pick your protein of grub worms, rhino beetles, or our personal favorite, field mice on a bed of freshly cut greens.

Love Ft Wilderness

They're just gonna put 'urban' camp sites out there. With propane campfires. For $487 a night, your adventure begins. Book a 5 day/6 night luxury campsite with spectacular views of trees, weeds, snakes, along with other indigenous wildlife that we've had imported from exotic locations! There you'll enjoy your own 'pop-up' style tent, with all the amenities, including portapotty, personal rainshower tent, and Mickey inspired sun awning. All the while, you're able to keep your social distancing in place. Locally grown mosquitoes provide fun activities such as "The West Nile Shuffle and Run". While there, dine on master craft cuisine from Seven Seas Lagoon, sustainable gator tail with a tomato Ragu, or create your own lunch from the outdoor offerings. Pick your protein of grub worms, rhino beetles, or our personal favorite, field mice on a bed of freshly cut greens.
Sounds like glamping to me. ;-)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom