News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

robhedin

To be fair, how many people are able to go deep into a movie that no one has seen in 30 years. Disney went so far as to never offering it in any format, other than seeing it in a theater.
Correction: they didn't release it on any format (other than some clips) except in theaters in the USA. It did get released in its entirety in Europe and Asia on VHS and Laserdisc from 1983 through 2000.

note2001

and yet sadly they didnt even theme it to fort wilderness at all did they? Its just some modern building instead of the rustic atmosphere that had made the place so great....correct me if wrong.
It's themed more to match the design of Reflections, but is pretty basic otherwise.
The horses don't care. As long as they're issued the pre-negotiated blue cards for their units, it's all good.

UNCgolf

I would say there’s a far greater chance that Reflections construction resumes eventually and the new stables fit right in.

Definitely.

But I also think the chance of Reflections construction resuming is almost nonexistent. They'll absolutely build something there eventually; it just won't be the current Reflections plan.

peter11435

Definitely.

But I also think the chance of Reflections construction resuming is almost nonexistent. They'll absolutely build something there eventually; it just won't be the current Reflections plan.
I wouldn’t be so sure. If construction picks back up anytime within the next 2-5 years my money would be on Reflections.

UNCgolf

I wouldn’t be so sure. If construction picks back up anytime within the next 2-5 years my money would be on Reflections.

I agree that if construction starts up in the next few years it'll be Reflections; I just don't see that happening at this point. If Disney actually removed all the existing work, it doesn't sound like they have any plans in restarting construction in the next few years. Typically if a builder has any belief they'll restart they leave everything as is, even for a couple of years.

peter11435

I agree that if construction starts up in the next few years it'll be Reflections; I just don't see that happening at this point. If Disney actually removed all the existing work, it doesn't sound like they have any plans in restarting construction in the next few years. Typically if a builder has any belief they'll restart they leave everything as is, even for a couple of years.
They aren’t removing the existing work. They are removing equipment and supplies. Which is necessary for a variety of reasons. They aren’t digging up utilities and footings.

As for construction resuming. It really depends on what happens over the next year. There are too many unknown variables at this point. Things could go in wildly different directions.

UNCgolf

They aren’t removing the existing work. They are removing equipment and supplies. Which is necessary for a variety of reasons. They aren’t digging up utilities and footings.

As for construction resuming. It really depends on what happens over the next year. There are too many unknown variables at this point. Things could go in wildly different directions.

Well that's a huge difference, then -- I'd read they were actually removing the footings. If they aren't doing that, then it's relatively likely Reflections will end up being built as currently envisioned. I'd taken that to mean the project was actually cancelled. This sounds more like a planned delay (which could of course turn into a cancellation depending on the unknown variables you mentioned).

DisneyTalks

River Country is cursed. This is nuts. How many attempts have been made since the 90's to fill this land.

I hope Disney goes back to that scrapped Buffalo Junction iteration, if they do decide to return to this land in the future. I would love to stay at a Wild West themed resort, complete with bonfires at night, and cowboys/indians roaming around. I think if they angle for the Westworld Season 1 vibe, this would be quite popular.
My god, they should just do it already. Maybe they’re scared it’s not IP based 😂😂

note2001

Well that's a huge difference, then -- I'd read they were actually removing the footings. If they aren't doing that, then it's relatively likely Reflections will end up being built as currently envisioned. I'd taken that to mean the project was actually cancelled. This sounds more like a planned delay (which could of course turn into a cancellation depending on the unknown variables you mentioned).
I had also read that they were removing cement from the site. Who knows... these reports could be coming from bored 14 year olds.
Sigh.

ELG13

Concrete and rebar has been noted to have been removed from the site along with construction equipment and grass seed has been sprayed over a large area.

erstwo

And they've reassigned all the personnel to other long term projects throughout the country. I think it would take eight months to a year from the date Disney greenlighted the project again before they'd have everything in place to resume full swing construction. So roughly a two to two and a half year delay at best?

ETA - 'they' = Construction company

junglecruise93

I would imagine that the finishing work may be able to be "adjusted" to a new theme even if the design and framework are kept (e.g. what happened with the second phase of Pop!).

brb1006

Um...song of the south has a slave and southern racial tropes as animated characters.

It was pulled from US broadcasts 30+ years ago...

You never really went “deep” in that movie, eh?
200.gif

Can we not!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom