News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

KDM31091

If nothing else, it's good that at least River Country is finally gone and out of its abandoned misery. It is disappointing if it's true that nothing will be happening there though.

aladdin2007

Hey, if both sites can get along then it's only a plus. As long as credit is given in both directions of course.

Back on topic about this project: too bad so sad. Except it isn't. Nothing of value of was lost. Except the displaced workers which will hopefully be reassigned to other projects.

and all the beautiful trees and natural surroundings they massacred for this poorly thought out downtown city generic hotel project. Please Disney get back to being Disney. Do a River Country themed concept or Wilderness Junction etc like others have said. They are just so lost anymore with no care for theme. So many original ideas in front of them and its like they are clueless of original former plans. Good riddance to the retirement community village this would have felt like. I certainly hope the ill conceived name is history too.

DisneyTalks

and all the beautiful trees and natural surroundings they massacred for this poorly thought out downtown city generic hotel project. Please Disney get back to being Disney. Do a River Country themed concept or Wilderness Junction etc like others have said. They are just so lost anymore with no care for theme. So many original ideas in front of them and its like they are clueless of original former plans. Good riddance to the retirement community village this would have felt like. I certainly hope the ill conceived name is history too.
I agree, I miss when they were more creative on hotel themes. This one seemed too generic honestly. I'm not sure who's working on the ideas, but we really need some new fun themed hotels. Disney should be more unique.

trainplane3

Oh that's something I didn't forget about but didn't mention. I kind of assumed that's what most would miss. Depending how much of this is dead, they could replant and fill the area back in again. I'm glad there's nothing going in (supposedly) that would disrupt the campgrounds and Pioneer Town Hall along with it.

MagicWDI

I agree, I miss when they were more creative on hotel themes. This one seemed too generic honestly. I'm not sure who's working on the ideas, but we really need some new fun themed hotels. Disney should be more unique.
It unfortunately already happened to Vegas with wide de-theming across the Strip. I feared the day it was ever considered at Disney. Now we know it's already on their minds.

DVCakaCarlF

Question: How far along in construction were they before the project was scrapped?

Follow up: What if they are just temp seeding the project? It is very common to place grass temporarily to prevent erosion.

note2001

Disney get back to being Disney. Do a River Country themed concept or Wilderness Junction etc like others have said. They are just so lost anymore with no care for theme. So many original ideas in front of them and its like they are clueless of original former plans. Good riddance to the retirement community village this would have felt like. I certainly hope the ill conceived name is history too.

Add me to the long line of people waiting to (re)enter a River Country themed resort.
I just want that inner tube raft ride and all its rapids back.

HarryHendel

Ok sure it’s a little generic but there’s no need to freak out that they didn’t build a multi million dollar brand new resort in 2020 based off a small, abandoned water park from decades ago that nobody visiting today cares about or has heard of.

Haymarket2008

Ok sure it’s a little generic but there’s no need to freak out that they didn’t build a multi million dollar brand new resort in 2020 based off a small, abandoned water park from decades ago that nobody visiting today cares about or has heard of.

I think the common consensus is that it is a net gain that we don't get the thematically inconsistent resort. It also wasn't based off of River Country.

HarryHendel

I think the common consensus is that it is a net gain that we don't get the thematically inconsistent resort. It also wasn't based off of River Country.
Sorry, I forgot to quote who I was replying to. There’s a few people suggesting they instead shelve the resort and develop a new one called the “River Country Resort” and theme it to that.

CLEtoWDW

It unfortunately already happened to Vegas with wide de-theming across the Strip. I feared the day it was ever considered at Disney. Now we know it's already on their minds.
unfortunately with the hyper-oversensitivity being displayed in our country these days I don’t blame Disney for going to sterile route on new projects. You never know who you are going to offend or upset one day by your theme/story line.

note2001

Define "nobody" because I'm looking around at a whole lot of somebody's blanketing the web who recall RC vividly... and they're the ones with the funds to buy DVC.

HarryHendel

Define "nobody" because I'm looking around at a whole lot of somebody's blanketing the web who recall RC vividly... and they're the ones with the funds to buy DVC.
You’re going to get a different knowledge of river country on a WDW fan forum than actual hotel guests. Heck, if every member of WDWMAGIC stayed at a river country resort that still wouldn’t be enough for a month+ of reservations. My point is it isn’t as mainstream as Disney requires.

note2001

You’re going to get a different knowledge of river country on a WDW fan forum than actual hotel guests. Heck, if every member of WDWMAGIC stayed at a river country resort that still wouldn’t be enough for a month+ of reservations. My point is it isn’t as mainstream as Disney requires.
You're right. A retirement home would have had much better PR exposure for buying.
I suppose that's the real reason this is scrapped: no one wants to be in a nursing home these days.

MagicWDI

unfortunately with the hyper-oversensitivity being displayed in our country these days I don’t blame Disney for going to sterile route on new projects. You never know who you are going to offend or upset one day by your theme/story line.
I don't believe that is the reason they chose the route they did. But interesting take on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom