News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

brb1006

I’m happy to see Disney finally dealing with a couple of the Urbex hot spots like River Country and Wonders. They’ve been sitting long enough (and rotting in RC’s case)
Hopefully they might have more security around the Wonders (Soon "Play") Pavilion in the coming months to prevent anymore Urben Explorers. I remember one time a certain explorer actually went inside the Disney Quest building while it was still in the middle of demolition.

I saw this earlier in a Facebook post of a DVC group. It was attached to a post that was later deleted, about Reflections. I'm not sure where it came from or if it's legit, but there's a few things to note here. First, the cabins on the right, some of which might face Magic Kingdom. Some additional cabins, including 5 elevated ones on the left (you have to squint a bit to see those). Then of course there's what appears to be "houseboats" on Bay Lake.

Last edited:

note2001

I saw this earlier in a Facebook post of a DVC group. It was attached to a post that was later deleted, about Reflections. I'm not sure where it came from or if it's legit, but it shows a couple of interesting things. First, the cabins on the right, some of which might face Magic Kingdom. Some additional cabins, including 5 elevated ones on the left (you have to squint a bit to see those). Then of course there's what appears to be "houseboats" on Bay Lake.

View attachment 356599
Oh, cool scoop if this is it.
Do I see a lazy river in the design? Hmmm.

trainplane3

I saw this earlier in a Facebook post of a DVC group. It was attached to a post that was later deleted, about Reflections. I'm not sure where it came from or if it's legit, but there's a few things to note here. First, the cabins on the right, some of which might face Magic Kingdom. Some additional cabins, including 5 elevated ones on the left (you have to squint a bit to see those). Then of course there's what appears to be "houseboats" on Bay Lake.

View attachment 356599
It looks somewhat similar to the old design from years ago:
Disney_Fort_Wilderness_DVC_Site_PlanA1200.png

I'm just glad it isn't a 15 story tall tower in the middle of the woods.

GladToBeHear

View attachment 356599
Is the purple building supposed to be Pioneer Hall?

jt04

I'm afraid all those people will be strolling, biking, and golf carting through the campground for daily exercise and entertainment. Yikes.

jt04

No soaring lobby in the manner of GF, AKL or WL. Guessing DVCs don't normally get those.

Despite the negatives, I really like it. I doubt Fort Wilderness survives the next 50 years though. That land is likely some of the most valuable in the US.

peter11435

No soaring lobby in the manner of GF, AKL or WL. Guessing DVCs don't normally get those.

Despite the negatives, I really like it. I doubt Fort Wilderness survives the next 50 years though. That land is likely some of the most valuable in the US.
This is not exclusively a DVC property. This will be mixed in much the same way as Boardwalk and Aulani.

Last edited:

I agree, though 50 years is probably being generous. I think when the eventual 5th gate gets unveiled part or the entirety of Ft. Wilderness will be on the chopping block. That's prime real estate for higher density hotel space built around a new park to the west and south. At the risk of derailing this into a thread about a 5th gate, I think somewhere in the 5-15 years range is a reasonable estimate for that development.

jt04

I agree, though 50 years is probably being generous. I think when the eventual 5th gate gets unveiled part or the entirety of Ft. Wilderness will be on the chopping block. That's prime real estate for higher density hotel space built around a new park to the west and south. At the risk of derailing this into a thread about a 5th gate, I think somewhere in the 5-15 years range is a reasonable estimate for that development.

I think you are right. Putting the pieces in place for a 5th gate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom