News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

ThemeParkJunkee

I think I prefer my "Nature Inspired" house in the boonies of WI. There is nothing in the concept art to "inspire" me. Anyway, I only stayed at Beach Club once and realized that "Deluxe" is apparently a Disney construct that in no way resembles other hotels of the "deluxe" caliber.
So as a previous poster mentioned...."Yay, another resort I can't afford". I still miss Discovery Island.

RETLAW

I can not wait to see more images. Based on the one image so far, it is way to modern looking for where they want to put it. With that modern of a look, I think it will destroy the overall feel of WL, FW, and the boat ride from MK.

The last couple of times I have stayed at WDW, it seems that they are remodeling all the rooms to be modern / contemporary style interiors with minimal accents that they call a themeing. I personally do not like a lot of the newer remodeled rooms across WDW.

Goofnut1980

I welcome another great resort but what is fixing the issue with the parks being so packed. You are adding more rooms which means more guests in the parks. Adding Star Wars will only bring the Disney buffs but also adding the Star Wars folks as well. I just got home yesterday from a week down there and the lines are insane for mid-October.

There has not really been any significant park expansions in terms of added space. When do they decide to buck up and spend domestically and add a 5th park to help move the guests around the property more. I understand it will bring additional guests with a new park, but also alieviate some of the pressure of the other parks.

I went to MNSSHP on Tuesday and in all of my years I have never seen the lines at a party like I did on Tuesday, for both rides and Trick or Treating. Space was 45-60 mins all night and the line was out the door. Usually it’s walk on. Trick or treat lines queued. Usually those were walk up. It felt like a normal ticket day. One of my co workers went last week and went on a Tuesday to the party and said she wished she had not spent the extra $500 for the party because the crowds were so insane.

peter11435

I welcome another great resort but what is fixing the issue with the parks being so packed. You are adding more rooms which means more guests in the parks. Adding Star Wars will only bring the Disney buffs but also adding the Star Wars folks as well. I just got home yesterday from a week down there and the lines are insane for mid-October.

There has not really been any significant park expansions in terms of added space. When do they decide to buck up and spend domestically and add a 5th park to help move the guests around the property more. I understand it will bring additional guests with a new park, but also alieviate some of the pressure of the other parks.

I went to MNSSHP on Tuesday and in all of my years I have never seen the lines at a party like I did on Tuesday, for both rides and Trick or Treating. Space was 45-60 mins all night and the line was out the door. Usually it’s walk on. Trick or treat lines queued. Usually those were walk up. It felt like a normal ticket day. One of my co workers went last week and went on a Tuesday to the party and said she wished she had not spent the extra $500 for the party because the crowds were so insane.

More rooms do not equal increased park attendance.

Jon81uk

Space Mountain has all the lights off this year for the first time, making it a unique party attraction new for MNSSHP in 2018, therefore this ride is getting much much more attention than previous years.

celluloid

The Swan and Dolphin exteriors clash horrendously with their surroundings though. It might be interesting architecture but not in the right place.

Eisner was not happy with that result iether. He did not like them that much either. He regretted that and what you see is the toned down version. That is why he learned even with the third party deal that was struck with the outside company owning Swann and Dolphin that only DIsney should do Disney Resort Architecture.

Bocabear

But dear God, look at the concept art on this! I don't think they could get any farther stylistically from a "Nature Inspired" resort...It looks like an urban mid-rise apartment building. Clearly they have lost track of their brand and what a Disney resort should look like and be...especially with it's surroundings...Boo!
And I thought Riviera was bad...

Tavernacle12

That design looks super bland. They also already have two nature themed resorts. There’s gotta be more to it than this, otherwise why would people stay there instead of just going to WL?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
But dear God, look at the concept art on this! I don't think they could get any farther stylistically from a "Nature Inspired" resort...It looks like an urban mid-rise apartment building. Clearly they have lost track of their brand and what a Disney resort should look like and be...especially with it's surroundings...Boo!
And I thought Riviera was bad...
What most people consider "Nature inspired architecture" and what architects see it as tend to be very different things. All of the buildings below are "nature inspired" in the eyes of the person that designed them.

The Gherkin in London, England

The-Gherkin_safra-group.jpg

Hangzhou Olympic Sports Center in Hangzhou, China

hangzhou-2nd-sep-2016-photo-taken-on-sept-2-2016-shows-the-stadium-GPK8CF.jpg

The Lotus Temple in Delhi, India.

717A28B9-75A9-453A-9E04-FB1D82013491_tcm493-608232_912x912_80.jpg

Beijing National Stadium in Beijing, China

headerimagecminiyusun.jpg

Pretty much anything done by Frank Lloyd Wright

fallingwater-frank-lloyd-wright.jpg

elam-house-1440x640.jpg

513187-HoulihanLawrence.jpg

peter11435

Is that like the “nothing to see here” bit?

There Well “whole” 75 foot buffer between those “separate places”

I know Caribbean. And I have a good nose for crap.

They are seperate resorts. Proximity is irrelevant. That would be like saying the Polynesian has a convention center because it’s adjacent to the Grand Floridian. CBR is not a DVC property and will not have DVC accommodations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom