News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

SpaceMountain77

To me, the recent survey images suggest a return to the past. There is an interesting choice of words in the first sentence of the resort description, which reads as follows:

The setting of the resort, draped by lush cypress trees is unlike any other.

In the mid-1980s, one of the three new resort hotels announced for Walt Disney World was Disney's Cypress Point Lodge, which was to be built on ground near Fort Wilderness. I think the use of cypress in the description is an intentional Easter Egg.

peter11435

To me, the recent survey images suggest a return to the past. There is an interesting choice of words in the first sentence of the resort description, which reads as follows:

In the mid-1980s, one of the three new resort hotels announced for Walt Disney World was Disney's Cypress Point Lodge, which was to be built on ground near Fort Wilderness. I think the use of cypress in the description is an intentional Easter Egg.
Where did you see that description?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Guest surveys recently went out asking about potential names for this development. The one I've seen proposes "Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort."

:arghh:

I don't have the words... But some that come to mind: Horrible. Putrid. Vapid. Sickening. Other words that come to mind aren't family-friendly (and I'm looking right at you, Chappie).

Sounds like something you'd see at a lakeshore property in upstate New York, aka. doesn't belong within 1000 miles of WDW. They really think they can get that truly upscale vacation business, don't they?

jbolen2

does anyone have a copy of the survey to share?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom