News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is it just me, or does anyone else try to dissect every post by @marni1971??

For this post I'm thinking: "Is he saying that there is a plan to build a resort at this location and he's wondering if it's been made official yet?" or "Does he have so much more information to share on this project, but can't yet because it hasn't officially been confirmed?"

It's been said many time before, but once again, thank you @marni1971 for providing us with the information that you can.

It's not his fault...it's just that people are desperate for frequent "news" in a place that never generated it.

That and open weboards run by people that make money off getting people whipped up all the time..

Last edited:

trainplane3

Okay then. It’s a resort. Should be greenlit. Design similar to the previous one.
Well, that's better then another un-themed tower I supposed. As long as they keep the rest of it 5-6 floors or less (like the old concept), with the exception of the main entrance building, I don't think I can complain. I just like my view of the woods without a monster of a tower in it.

And, please, more wood and less generic Saratoga Springs siding....

Will this new project require moving Pioneer Hall? On second thought, the hall may need an expansion thanks to the increased amount of people back there.

MMFanCipher

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 245

Tom P.

Sweet fancy Moses... I just checked room rates. Sept. 10-16, 2018 for 2 adults. Cheapest is $120/night at AS-Music. FQ is $256/night. AoA? A cool $359/night. These are all standard rooms, by the way, and I tried to pick a "slower" time so as to find the cheapest rates possible. Going a little further out, to November 5-11, 2018 yields similar prices.
I know prices have gone up, but I don't think you'll ever see a standard room at AoA for $359.00 a night. That has to be a family suite that you've got priced there.

ETA: I just searched the dates you indicated. The Little Mermaid standard rooms at AoA are $164.67 a night, while it's the family suites that are $359.33 per night.
They've pretty much retired from building non-DVC's

I'm still shocked at Coronado...and wouldn't be shocked at all if it turns out those can be "redeclared" without spending a dime
It's not entirely true that they no longer build non-DVC resorts. The new Star Wars resort is certainly not a DVC resort.

Amos1784

I know prices have gone up, but I don't think you'll ever see a standard room at AoA for $359.00 a night. That has to be a family suite that you've got priced there..

Agreed this has to be a Suite. The Little Mermaid rooms (Standard Rooms) in my experience are almost impossible to book at are always at the upper 100's end.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know prices have gone up, but I don't think you'll ever see a standard room at AoA for $359.00 a night. That has to be a family suite that you've got priced there.

It's not entirely true that they no longer build non-DVC resorts. The new Star Wars resort is certainly not a DVC resort.

$1000 per person per night?

...I think you might have overshot my premise there

deeevo

This will clearly be a Deluxe or DVC just based on the location. Disney has no intention of building more Value rooms (or whatever they will call them) for families that save for years to afford Disney. They want the middle\upper class dollars and are clearly trying to build more rooms for those families so they can get them to part with their money much easier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom