News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
With Hoop Dee Doo, Trail's End, the Settlement Trading Post, and the Boat Launch right there, it really is an area primed for something bigger to be there (all the infrastructure and surrounding food/entertainment/shopping are already in place) and with the way Disney seems to be going crazy adding more hotel capacity, I have to imagine that it is something along those lines...

seascape

I love the idea of a River Country DVC. Disney needs to build several more resorts before 2021 and having a new combo DVC and deluxe hotel on Bay Lake is overdue. The also need another value resort. The Flamingo Crossing hotels are actually priced sub Disney Value.

nickys

Premium Member
Every time I have seen one of these it has been in preparation for something they already have plans to build. Temporary Wetland Impact simply means that they need to do this drilling work in wetlands, but this permit is not asking to build anything permeant there. The request for something permanent would come in the next permit.

Ah OK. Pity but not surprising!

So would this include clearing the structures and filling in the area too, or just the drilling?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Guessing this is the start of the long-rumored DVC resort to be built where the remains of River Country currently are. Whatever ultimately gets built, I hope it's not a big tower, but that unfortunately seems to be the direction management is going these days.

Side note - I was fun to go to the bathroom at Mickey's Backyard BBQ and then go sneak a peak at River Country. ;)

nickys

Premium Member
I love the idea of a River Country DVC. Disney needs to build several more resorts before 2021 and having a new combo DVC and deluxe hotel on Bay Lake is overdue. The also need another value resort. The Flamingo Crossing hotels are actually priced sub Disney Value.

Well they've just completed Copper Creek, which is deluxe and DVC combo. "New"? Hmmmm, I guess it maybe doesn't totally count as such.

tl77

With Hoop Dee Doo, Trail's End, the Settlement Trading Post, and the Boat Launch right there, it really is an area primed for something bigger to be there (all the infrastructure and surrounding food/entertainment/shopping are already in place) and with the way Disney seems to be going crazy adding more hotel capacity, I have to imagine that it is something along those lines...
I think you're exactly right... with the price they can command to get in to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, along with all the other unique amenities around Fort Wilderness, I'm not surprised they would add another Hotel/DVC combo with in walking distance. Also The Wilderness Lodge DVC is one of the most popular because of how close it is to the Magic Kingdom, plus it's much cheaper than the MK resorts on the Monorail loop.

jmmc

Isn't this a coincidence. I was on Maps today and noticed River Country is still on there? Or has it recently been added? Regardless, sent a request to set it as closed.
View attachment 268644
Could this be happening again?

https://dvcinfo.com/four-dvc-resorts-that-might-have-been/

I know this link was meant to just show us the RC proposed resort, but did anyone else notice that 2-year old page also shows a hotel once being developed exactly where the Epcot hotel will supposedly go?

If this has been covered elsewhere, please ignore... :)

sconti

With Copper Creek still for sale and the Riviera not for sale yet, I’m thinking this isn’t DVC, but perhaps the long ago rumored moderate resort; Wilderness Junction. With just four moderates, there is probably a need for more room inventory in this category; especially with French Quarter being small and Caribbean Beach loosing rooms.

I think it would fit in well in between the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness in terms of theming and resort category.

trainplane3

I know this link was meant to just show us the RC proposed resort, but did anyone else notice that 2-year old page also shows a hotel once being developed exactly where the Epcot hotel will supposedly go?

If this has been covered elsewhere, please ignore... :)
I think it's been mentioned before and was brought up again because of the possible Epcot hotel as well. The Mickey solar farm currently sits on part of that land.

seascape

Well they've just completed Copper Creek, which is deluxe and DVC combo. "New"? Hmmmm, I guess it maybe doesn't totally count as such.
I purchased Copper Creek points the day it went on sale. I am planning on buying Riviera points in 2019 and that should sell out quickly with direct access to HS. They do need a new resort to sell in 2021 with all the crowds and having a resort already built and ready to be sold in 2021 is needed.

Indy_UK

I really want to buy into DVC directly but with what gives the longest contracts. I'd be all over Riviera Resort if it wasn't a tower block.

Think I'll have to look at Copper Creek or hope something else is announced next year for 2021

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom