News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Skibum1970

The name was always a miss for me as Reflections, a Disney Lakeside Lodge, gives me assisted living and rehabilitation vibes.

River Country previously occupied this land and, with Pocahontas, they have an IP and song. Why not something like Disney's Riverbend Resort? Pocahontas was going to be featured in the lobby, so just connect the thematic elements.

They already have Riverside and probably didn't want to duplicate.

JoeCamel

The name was always a miss for me as Reflections, a Disney Lakeside Lodge, gives me assisted living and rehabilitation vibes.

River Country previously occupied this land and, with Pocahontas, they have an IP and song. Why not something like Disney's Riverbend Resort? Pocahontas was going to be featured in the lobby, so just connect the thematic elements.

Like they did Springs? (Saratoga, Coronado, Disney Springs)

Reflections or even Lakeside Lodge might be better but then you have Wilderness Lodge confusion
In keeping with the wilderness theme Bay Lake will be renamed GitichiGumee so you can "come pitch your tent on the silver shores of gitchi gumee to hear the wolf howl (recorded) at the moon.
Takes care of all the name stuff

nickys

Premium Member
In keeping with the wilderness theme Bay Lake will be renamed GitichiGumee so you can "come pitch your tent on the silver shores of gitchi gumee to hear the wolf howl (recorded) at the moon.
Takes care of all the name stuff
Apart from Bay Lake Tower…..

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Probably the later. The new Poly DVC tower is the 2019/2020 proposal to the tee.

It would make sense that the basic design of the building remains the same (especially considering the initial work that has already been done with regards to site prep... they likely would want to recoup costs for what has already been done as much as possible). Hopefully they can work on some of the more thematic design elements to improve the look of this resort (and make it look significantly more distinct than the new Poly DVC tower).

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Probably the later. The new Poly DVC tower is the 2019/2020 proposal to the tee.
I just struggle with the idea that, post pandemic, when they had to keep WAY too many resorts open because of all the Hotel-DVC combos, they’d want to make ANOTHER hotel-DVC combo. It’s like they learned nothing.

And you can say it was a once in a lifetime event but it was the second such event in 20 years to close Disney resorts due to attendance needs.

the.dreamfinder

I just struggle with the idea that, post pandemic, when they had to keep WAY too many resorts open because of all the Hotel-DVC combos, they’d want to make ANOTHER hotel-DVC combo. It’s like they learned nothing.

And you can say it was a once in a lifetime event but it was the second such event in 20 years to close Disney resorts due to attendance needs.
The bigger issue is that their profit and DVC addictions force them to price the hotels higher than the amount of demand they could attract at more realistic rates.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

1681226051264.jpeg

SpaceMountain77

I do wonder how many additional DVC resorts will be built between now and 2042.

Right now, Alulani, Grand Floridian, and Riviera are all in active sales. Aulani opened in 2011 and while the exact data is unknown, many DVC insiders have speculated that the resort has sold less than half of its declared points. DVCNews has been reporting the steady decline in monthly sales with current averages below previous highs. Disney has now sold 895,414 points, slightly more than half of the 1,779,822 points that have been assigned to the 202 Resort Studios located in the Big Pine Key building (DVCNews, March 2023). Disney has sold 3,541,721 Riviera points, or 52.6%, of the resort’s 6,739,966 points; there are still over 3 million Riviera points that Disney can sell to the general public (DVCNews, March 2023). In February 2023, 88,472 points were sold for the 11 DVC resorts at Walt Disney World (DVCNews, March 2023), so there is no shortage of points. Also, the direct buy-in point minimum has been lowered, from 150 points to 100 points, to likely boost sales.

Sales will likely begin soon for the Villas at Disneyland Hotel, which will add millions of points. Moreover, the expansion at the Polynesian will also add millions of points sometime in 2024.

Unless extensions are offered, contracts for Beach Club Villas, BoardWalk Villas, and Boulder Ridge Villas will expire in 2042, returning millions of points. DVC will also reacquire the points from Hilton Head Island and Vero Beach, but it has been speculated that the standalone resorts will be sold.

So, millions of points are currently available, millions more will be coming available this year and next, and the millions of points from three resorts will be available in less than 19 years. If a new DVC resort or expansion opens at Walt Disney World every two or three years, can DVC truly support six more resorts prior to the 2042 wave of reacquisitions?

Indy_UK

If they went and dropped the minimum you need for the Blue Card to probably 75 points too that would see a big boost in direct sales. 150 is just not going to happen after a lot have bought resale

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom