Refillable mug

mrscool5

Original Poster
Okay, I have seen several times where you can buy a refillable mug of some sort for around $12 that you can refill at your resort restaurant the entire time you are a guest. My question is - how big is it? Is it made out of fairly sturdy material where we could carry it around with us? I am thinking we will eat an easy breakfast at the resort, stick the cup in my backpack/purse and then just carry it around cause I assume it would be a fair distance back to our room to leave it. Or is it too big/fragile/whatever that this would be impractical?

Wonderland22

The refillable mugs I have seen are fairly large...I wouldn't want to carry it around all day, especially because you can't refill them anywhere else but your resort. However, if your family are big drinkers, I do think the mugs are worth it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Not worth keeping up with at the parks IMHO as they are nothing but a liability.

They are plastic, so they are unlikely to break unless you travel with a herd of stampeding elephants. :wave:

They do make a nice souvenir, but they used to be better as they were resort specific, which they have been phasing out due to their perceived economy of scale and their misguided notion that the "Disney Parks" brand is more appealing than someplace that people could actually relate to.

OK...off my soapbox.

lilclerk

What I usually do is get up early, get breakfast (or just coffee so I can get a snack in the park) and bring it back to the room to eat since the value resort food courts are ridiculous in the morning. That way my mug is left in the room. Plus I'm an early bird and get up way before everyone else in my party, no matter who's with me, so it works out. They wake up to breakfast and coffee, and I can "relax" while they get dressed (really, I'm rushing everyone to get the heck up so we can go out.)
But I see people at the bus stops in the morning with their mugs, I'd assume they just toss them in a backpack/stroller and go on their way.

They're a plastic travel mug. I think they've changed shape a bit since I took this picture earlier this year, but I think it's the same size.

3278358254_107fd1dd1b.jpg

micknminnie

We never had a problem carrying our mugs with us. We always fill up in the a.m. on our way to the parks with coffee. When finished we just put it in our backpack with no problem. Once we got back to the resort after a long day at the parks we would clean it out and refill it with soda or iced tea before heading to our room.

Tinkerbella16

We never had a problem carrying our mugs with us. We always fill up in the a.m. on our way to the parks with coffee. When finished we just put it in our backpack with no problem. Once we got back to the resort after a long day at the parks we would clean it out and refill it with soda or iced tea before heading to our room.

Thats what we do too. Its never been a problem carrying it in my backpack while we're at the parks. When we get back to the hotel, we stop at the foodcourt right away so we don't have to go all the way to room first and do it, eventhough I don't mind walking back and fourth. They do make great souveniers, but you can only use them for that stay.

dznygirl64

Please dont be one of those people you see walking around the parks with there mug.Leave it in your room you cant use it in the parks anyway so why have it.Its a good deal for the resort if you are planning on eating there a lot.I think the new smaller ones they have now are only 12-14 oz.The older looked bigger ones where 16oz.Just dont do what we do re use them trip after trip:lookaroun

gspin2k1

Okay, I have seen several times where you can buy a refillable mug of some sort for around $12 that you can refill at your resort restaurant the entire time you are a guest. My question is - how big is it? Is it made out of fairly sturdy material where we could carry it around with us? I am thinking we will eat an easy breakfast at the resort, stick the cup in my backpack/purse and then just carry it around cause I assume it would be a fair distance back to our room to leave it. Or is it too big/fragile/whatever that this would be impractical?

Sturdy material = Yes

Size = Small, like 14 ounces maybe? it's good for kids, but honestly only for when you're hanging at the resort. If you're headed out for the day, it'll last only a third of the day, then you gotta lug this plastic mug around the rest of the day that you can't refill anywhere else except your resort. It's worth it if it comes with your dining plan, or if you have kids that need to have soda every night (then leave it in your room and for the night they can run out to the restaurant and refill it).

My fiancee and I both wore camelbaks to the parks each day. We left our refillable mugs in the room to grab soda when we were hanging out for the night and watching TV. But as for hanging around the park, the camelbak was way easier to carry, didn't feel like you had some plastic mug sticking in your bag, and held much more liquid (mine held like 100 ounces). And in either case...water > Soda/juice/coffee/energy drink. And yeah if we really wanted a soda/coffee/juice, we had a dining plan so we just stopped at a vendor and used our "snack" for one of those and then tossed it when we were done.

~G

~G

fairymomma

We like to get them and use them at the resort when we eat there and hanging out at night after a long day at the parks. We like to carry them in a bag into the parks. We drink a lot of water during the day and all the concession places will give you a cup of free ice to put in them-it keeps the ice from melting as fast.

gembob

I intend to take mine with me to the parks as I find the size of the drinks in the parks to be too much to consume in one sitting so I will drink as much as I can and then put the rest into the mug to drink later. I iill be getting a clip so that I can attach the mug to the handle of my bag so it will not take up space in my bag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom