Reedy Creek music in "WDW Explorer"?

mharrington

Original Poster
I used to have the "WDW Explorer" CD-Rom (in fact, I still have it somewhere). I'm a little curious about the music that plays during the Reedy Creek Improvement District area. It sounds rather like Epcot music. The video below shows what I'm talking about. The music in question starts at 10:11:

Cmdr_Crimson

I used to have the "WDW Explorer" CD-Rom (in fact, I still have it somewhere). I'm a little curious about the music that plays during the Reedy Creek Improvement District area. It sounds rather like Epcot music. The video below shows what I'm talking about. The music in question starts at 10:11:

I want to say this is some royalty free background music... I have both 1st and 2nd versions of the explorers cd's and it has a bit of it..I know as you close out the program they show a credited list of songs used but you have to get a screen grab to read them since they go pretty quickly on screen..Heck, your not alone on searches I'm still trying to figure out the Smooth jazz that plays in the Pleasure Island segment at 7:25

Heppenheimer

If that music ever was played in Epcot, it hasn't registered with me. It doesn't sound like anything from the original soundtrack album (almost all of which sounds like dated late 70s-early 80s stuff now), and I don't recall hearing it on any park or resort music loops.

One possibility... it sounds similar to a bit of the music from Spaceship Earth. Perhaps it was a left-over section of music from the various pieces they stitched together for the soundtrack.

mharrington

Original Poster
I want to say this is some royalty free background music... I have both 1st and 2nd versions of the explorers cd's and it has a bit of it..I know as you close out the program they show a credited list of songs used but you have to get a screen grab to read them since they go pretty quickly on screen..Heck, your not alone on searches I'm still trying to figure out the Smooth jazz that plays in the Pleasure Island segment at 7:25

I do like smooth jazz. Unfortunately, I looked closely at the credits (via YouTube video) and I couldn't find anything.

Gillyanne

So I had no idea about this program and promptly went to eBay to purchase a copy. Now that I found an old laptop (darn 32 bit program) to install it on, I looked at the credits, and of course, nothing specifically calls the music credits for Reedy Creek :facepalm: (but does for so many other aspects)

I did take a video of the credits, but then realized everything was reflecting in it. If anyone is interested I can take a better video later

Goofyernmost

So I had no idea about this program and promptly went to eBay to purchase a copy. Now that I found an old laptop (darn 32 bit program) to install it on, I looked at the credits, and of course, nothing specifically calls the music credits for Reedy Creek :facepalm: (but does for so many other aspects)

I did take a video of the credits, but then realized everything was reflecting in it. If anyone is interested I can take a better video later
I sure wish that all that wasn't necessary to revisit those DVD's. I've got the two. The one with three parks and the one with four parks. I think that the computer nerds ought to be ashamed that their technology cannot show 20th century technology. Better tech is one thing, lost older tech is shameful.

Cmdr_Crimson

I sure wish that all that wasn't necessary to revisit those DVD's. I've got the two. The one with three parks and the one with four parks. I think that the computer nerds ought to be ashamed that their technology cannot show 20th century technology. Better tech is one thing, lost older tech is shameful.
Exactly! A pc should be backwards compatible no matter the program. Just using DOSBox is as complicated if you can't set it up correctly...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom