News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

sedati

I'm still shocked that the actions of a state cannot result in damages owed beyond legal fees? Is this really true? If DeSantis decided that Vinyl was woke and all record stores were not only closed, but seized, then the only repercussion is an oops and a repayment of fees incurred. Nothing about the loss of livelihood. Also, most small businesses wouldn't be able to pay the upfront costs and so there might not be a legal challenge at all. This can't be the way it works... right? Maybe in the past it was assumed that checks and balances would keep such an absurdity from being implemented officially, but we've clearly blown right past that.

seascape

I'm still shocked that the actions of a state cannot result in damages owed beyond legal fees? Is this really true? If DeSantis decided that Vinyl was woke and all record stores were not only closed, but seized, then the only repercussion is an oops and a repayment of fees incurred. Nothing about the loss of livelihood. Also, most small businesses wouldn't be able to pay the upfront costs and so there might not be a legal challenge at all. This can't be the way it works... right? Maybe in the past it was assumed that checks and balances would keep such an absurdity from being implemented officially, but we've clearly blown right past that.
I expect the State of Florida being ordered to pay for any and all expences ordered by CFTOD that were not approved by the RCID. The new Board has hired a new Administrator for $400,000 while keeping the old one on. They are spending huge sums on lawyers too. The State of Florida should have to cover those costs. There are probably millions in money wasted because Disney will not stop investing in ride inspections and safety. The CFTOD us just throwing money away and playing political BS on the public. I just wish Florida would have read the O'HARE TRUCK SERVICE, INC., ET AL. v. CITY OF NORTHLAKE ET AL. The city lost even though there was no right of the company to have the towing contract, only that they could not be unconstitutionally punished. Florida will lose based on history. The only option Florida has is to reach a compromise with Disney or decide in a year or so to just abolish the district and not replace it with a board that doesnt represent the businesses and property owners.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

So you just post nonsense that you make up. Hopefully The Mom sends you packing again soon.
As much as I am totally on Disney's side and think that RCID should have never been touched, and that WDW was the best thing to happen to Florida and the gov. made a huge mistake, I will delete my post, as any thought, that in any way, is perceived as anti Disney, triggers folks and we can't have that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In this case Disney has hired outside legal council, renown litigation lawyer Daniel Petrocelli. So it makes sense that they're suing for the legal fees as well.
They have $10.4 bil cash on hand…
Again…I think the “perception” they want is they are on the high ground and not worried about such frivolity.

Disone

They have $10.4 bil cash on hand…
Again…I think the “perception” they want is they are on the high ground and not worried about such frivolity.
I have a different take on that. They hired an outside legal counsel because they wanted to send a message. The message is Disney is serious. They are paying for legal representation when when they literally have lawyers on retainer and lots of them. They're also paying for a name that comes with a reputation for winning in corporate America. They might have the 10.4 billion in cash on hand, but they still are sending a message they don't intend to lose any of it to this. So yes they absolutely are suing for the legal fees as well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have a different take on that. They hired an outside legal counsel because they wanted to send a message. The message is Disney is serious. They are paying for legal representation when when they literally have lawyers on retainer and lots of them. They're also paying for a name that comes with a reputation for winning in corporate America. They might have the 10.4 billion in cash on hand, but they still are sending a message they don't intend to lose any of it to this. So yes they absolutely are suing for the legal fees as well.
I don’t think those things are tied together.

They expect this to be a slam dunk and a landmark/monumental decision…
…mainly because they are 100% in the right.
Let’s watch

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This isn’t about money…at least…not in the simplistic terms of “damages” anyway…

This is a C-Law fundamental thing that is about making history.

Somehow…a bunch of fools on the state level have made this NOT about money at wdw for Disney…
…you almost can’t make this BLEEP up 🤪

JoeCamel

This isn’t about money…at least…not in the simplistic terms of “damages” anyway…

This is a C-Law fundamental thing that is about making history.

Somehow…a bunch of fools on the state level have made this NOT about money at wdw for Disney…
…you almost can’t make this BLEEP up 🤪
Almost like the butterfly flapping analogy if a podcaster rants and raves you can count on those with power to satisfy those rants as justified. Damn logic and informed thought lets just burn it to the ground.....

jinx8402

You got an idea on timeline on this?

General question to anyone
I'm sure @mkt has posted these, but according to below site, the summons for Disney's federal case were returned as exectued on May 1 and the defendants are due to respond by May 22.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is kinda frightening:

There were several things in that story that give me concern, but this was most interesting to me.

Do these people (the new CFTOD board) see themselves as the new gatekeepers and overseers for Walt Disney World?
Is it their intent to dictate to Disney what and how to build on their own property for the foreseeable future?!?!
Do they really think they can run WDW better than Disney has themselves? Or, is it their intent to make WDW into something completely different?

This is what I’ve been saying, they totally think they’re the new city council of Lake Buena Vista and can do whatever they want, instead of their actual purpose of supporting infrastructure needs of Disney. I’ve been going to these meetings, it’s scary.
It’s a ploy for money in their 15 minutes…

As a recurring reminder.

Let’s see what the real power in Los Estados unidos wants to do in the courts?

Fear not, for the night is darkest before the dawn

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom