Reduced Benefits

NickMaio

I know that there were many people who complained about resort parking when it started. However, this never changed. I wish that I felt like a complaint to Disney would be taken seriously but I don't believe that it does. I had a couple issues while at the parks over the years but never got much response.
That's too bad. Every personal issue we brought up we were compensated in some way.

Dave B

Value is very much individual so please stop comparing your apples to someone else's oranges.
Personally I'd go right now even with the things that are currently unavailable if it were not for mandatory quarantine and living with my senior parents.
You don't want to go until its "normal" again? Ok but stop judging.
Have not judged anyone, just given my opinion on these opinion boards, and is that not calling the kettle black from someone who wont go to the parks now

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Have not judges anyone, just given my opinion on these opinion boards, and is that not calling the kettle black from someone who wont go to the parks now

I've made it clear I would go if not for the well being of my parents. My reason has nothing to do with someone else's value of going.

ls3015

My family and I have visited WDW many times but had to cancel this year's visit due to COV-ID; however, now the family total 14 it is becoming more costly as more rooms are needed ( we have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, even when it was Dixie Landings, Coronado Springs, Music ). It is becoming more costly because of daily parking charges at Disney Resort Hotels, and it seems the Free Disney Dining Plan is unlikely to be re-introduced any time soon. We are now evaluating going again in 2022 but, if the parking fees are still applied and we have to pay for Dining, then 2022 will possibly cost too much. Disney has cut back on Park Hours and open Parks so the 'value for money' feeling we previously had, will disappear, which is a great shame and very disappointing for the younger family members. Hopefully, and it is big hope, by the time we consider a 2022 booking, Disney will cancel it's parking charges at Resort Hotels and re-introduce the Free Dining Plans. I think if Disney wants to attract people back they should review their 2022 offerings. One thing that still annoys me is when we first went over 20 odd years ago our free-fill mugs could be used "for life", now you have to pay for it, and it can only be used at your own Disney Resort Hotel!
"Yes" finally, someone else that remembers 20 odd years ago our free-fill mugs could be used "for life", That was a big draw to get people to purchase them, than after a few years and with people bringing their cups back, which we did, that was the reason for buying them, Disney seen they were not selling as many and they were losing money, and giving away drinks, so that was changed, and without notice I will add, before the chip cups came to be, we would give our cups to new arrival's because you couldn't bring them back anyway, that saved a few from having to purchase them. Now with the chip cups, can't do that anymore, Disney has lost some of the magic. It's all about money Now, not magic.

HollyAD

What actions did you take so that Disney may assist you?
I've had a few issues over the years and have gotten great response when I voiced my displeasure in a calm and collected way.

In 2011 we had several issues at CSR (they lost our luggage, buses weren't coming, payment was not linked, ticket media was not linked etc). These issues cost us quite a bit of time to fix. One member of each room went to the front desk and asked to file a complaint. We were given one gift card per room with the amount of one night stay on them.

In 2018 FEA was down during the dessert party. It was and still is not expressed anywhere that the ride may be down and an alternate experience would be given. The alternate experience was to ride is the next day. We were leaving early in the morning the next day so we went to guest services and filed a complaint. We were given a refund of half of the event cost and a FP+ for FEA for our next visit.

In both cases we were calm and explained our issue not demanding anything and Disney gave us what they deemed proper.

Also petitions do not always fall on deaf ears. Back in the early 2000's COP was on the chopping block and closed while we were there. We were encouraged by CM's to file a complaint and sign a petition to keep it open.
Its 2020 and COP is still around.

Oh and you know the wall outside of the bathroom attached to the Christmas store at DS? Wait its not there anymore. That's because I fell over the top of it cutting my chin and needing stitches.
I realize it was my own fault for not looking but its clear to me that others have also injured themselves because of it and Disney recognized it was a hazard.

The one issue that sticks out to me the most was a jungle cruise malfunction. An animal's sensor I guess was off and sprayed my son (who was maybe 5 or 6 at the time) directly in the face. I was actually a little concerned because of the pressure hitting his eyes and probably dirty water. The CM said "oh that's happened before and they didn't fix it." Of course it was freezing that night and we had no towel or change of clothing with us. I asked the CMs if they had a towel or anything and they told me to just go buy something...I did file a grievance online and I received a call. I got an apology but no follow-up if it was even fixed and no offering of fast pass or anything.

Second issue was an emergency evacuation of Flight of Passage in its first month of opening. We waited 2.5 hours and were about to get on. Then alarms started and we had to go down a back stairway to a back parking lot. There was a bad sensor that kept causing evacuations. When I went to guest services I was told there was nothing they could do even though the ride was open again that night. They even made the comment that I wasn't staying on property... I told them I have stayed on property around 30 times and this was the first time in probably 20 years I hadn't stayed on property. I would have been happy with any fast pass honestly just to help repay my time the next day. We had literally come from Maryland for the weekend just to see Pandora and it was a big let down. I guess I am getting the wrong CMs when I raise attention to an issue.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The one issue that sticks out to me the most was a jungle cruise malfunction. An animal's sensor I guess was off and sprayed my son (who was maybe 5 or 6 at the time) directly in the face. I was actually a little concerned because of the pressure hitting his eyes and probably dirty water. The CM said "oh that's happened before and they didn't fix it." Of course it was freezing that night and we had no towel or change of clothing with us. I asked the CMs if they had a towel or anything and they told me to just go buy something...I did file a grievance online and I received a call. I got an apology but no follow-up if it was even fixed and no offering of fast pass or anything.

Second issue was an emergency evacuation of Flight of Passage in its first month of opening. We waited 2.5 hours and were about to get on. Then alarms started and we had to go down a back stairway to a back parking lot. There was a bad sensor that kept causing evacuations. When I went to guest services I was told there was nothing they could do even though the ride was open again that night. They even made the comment that I wasn't staying on property... I told them I have stayed on property around 30 times and this was the first time in probably 20 years I hadn't stayed on property. I would have been happy with any fast pass honestly just to help repay my time the next day. We had literally come from Maryland for the weekend just to see Pandora and it was a big let down. I guess I am getting the wrong CMs when I raise attention to an issue.

I'm sorry to hear about your poor experiences.

In regards to Jungle Cruise I'm guessing that the problem had been fixed but happened to malfunction again unfortunately.
With water I wouldn't necessarily expect them to offer you much. Clothes dry. But you opted to wait and file online when you could have gone directly to guest services and explained the situation and filed right then and there.
I've gotten soaked twice on Frozen Ever After (when it was Maelstrom) and no one offered me anything but I also didn't expect it.

When I fell and was gushing blood from my chin a CM ran out of the store with a shirt for me to change into. I was not at all expecting that.

FOP evacuation is very unfortunate and disappointing.
I would have asked to speak to someone higher up if you were not getting the response you were looking for.

NelleBelle

Totally agree that if something happens to you and you aren't satisfied with the outcome, you need to address it right then with Guest Services. When we were on a Disney Cruise, the port we were in was "surprised" by low tide and didn't have the correct size ramp for us to disembark from. We were taking a day excursion all the way into Seville, Spain, which was a 2hr drive each way. We were supposed to disembark and leave promptly at 8am and we didn't get on our way until close to 11am. Disney told us that our entire excursion time would be made up and that we wouldn't be shortened any (it was the most expensive one offered that day). Low and behold, we get there and are told we only had 2hrs instead of 5 before we needed to meet back at the bus. Needless to say, we were all pretty ticked. DH and I made sure we stopped by and reported that our excursion was significantly shortened after we were told it wouldn't be and DCL ended up refunding our excursion. I absolutely hate having make complaints like this, especially since it wasn't DCL's fault the port crew screwed up and the tour operator shortened the excursion, however, DCL was purposefully adjusting our departure time in port that day to accommodate our tour and this was a difficult excursion to score (and once in a lifetime visit for some). But if we waited until we got home and contacted DCL it would've been way too late.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Id like to believe the Vaccine would cure all the woes of WDW. Me eyes wide open it is going to take much longer for businesses to recover and also rehire the millions of
People who lost jobs, took pay cuts and some running up lots of debt. This is where high end travel may take much longer to rebound for so many here in the US and over
The pond and South American countries. I just don’t believed the businesses will rebound That fast with just the vaccine.

Add in the uncertainty of the vaccine itself. They are estimating 40% of vaccinated will be protected which is inline with the flu shot. Plus how long will it protect you and will the virus mutate like The flu does.

Me I do not believe this virus is going to just disappear. Just a gut cause it hasn’t been around long enough or studied in the US for any qualifed medical researcher to make ludicrous claims and be respected and trusted.
And as I feared pauses now with Lilly and J&J on their COVID tries. Science at warped speed fails. I respect the science. I respect the adults in the room from the firms that took a pause. Gives me more faith in the future products that science prevails over rushed.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
And as I feared pauses now with Lilly and J&J on their COVID tries. Science at warped speed fails. I respect the science. I respect the adults in the room from the firms that took a pause. Gives me more faith in the future products that science prevails over rushed.

You do realize that clinical trial pauses are common correct? And its nothing to fear.
Another vaccine company had to pause for a few days around Labor Day.
Companies pledged safety and promised not to rush it by November 3rd because this is not political.
Not to mention that it doesn't really belong in the "reduced benefits" thread.

Jon81uk

My family and I have visited WDW many times but had to cancel this year's visit due to COV-ID; however, now the family total 14 it is becoming more costly as more rooms are needed ( we have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, even when it was Dixie Landings, Coronado Springs, Music ). It is becoming more costly because of daily parking charges at Disney Resort Hotels, and it seems the Free Disney Dining Plan is unlikely to be re-introduced any time soon. We are now evaluating going again in 2022 but, if the parking fees are still applied and we have to pay for Dining, then 2022 will possibly cost too much. Disney has cut back on Park Hours and open Parks so the 'value for money' feeling we previously had, will disappear, which is a great shame and very disappointing for the younger family members. Hopefully, and it is big hope, by the time we consider a 2022 booking, Disney will cancel it's parking charges at Resort Hotels and re-introduce the Free Dining Plans. I think if Disney wants to attract people back they should review their 2022 offerings. One thing that still annoys me is when we first went over 20 odd years ago our free-fill mugs could be used "for life", now you have to pay for it, and it can only be used at your own Disney Resort Hotel!

Current RapidFill refill mugs can be used at any Disney resort hotel, not just your own. I've been visiting for 20 years and they used to be length of stay at your own resort only. The "lifetime" mugs must be 25+ years old now? If you want to bring it and ask to use it then they might sort something out, but is it really still in good condition?

Free dining was just a discount, there will be other discounts. The UK offer for 2021 just came out this week and is offering up to four free nights now. But if the price is too high, or the discount not enough then stay elsewhere.

The shorter hours is covid, most of the longer hours will return, but if you are concerned then wait til 2022.

I'm sure you are right so we can look forward to 21days x 3 Cars x $20 = $1260, then $50 food per day x 21days x 14 people = $14700 giving total $15960 extra; and that's without accommodation costs, airfares, and car hire costs. Looks like it will be no Disney for us :(

If stay on property why do you need three rental cars? Stay off-site in a villa for a lot less money! Or stay on-site and use the inclusive transportation (including magical express). Magical Express and transport is the biggest advantage to being on site, if you aren't taking advantage of that then you weren't really using the benefits that you claim are being reduced.

It seems more you are complaining about a lack of discounts, not reduced benefits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom