ReDisney?

cdunbar

He probably didn't feel the need to come on here and be told he didn't know what he was talking about, which happend numerous times! If I was him and had been nice enough to put my butt on the line to share my insider knowledge with fans and then be kicked around by those fans I wouldn't want to come back...call me crazy! :lookaroun

raven

His posts were well thought out and convincing but in the end they were wrong. I knew it from the start and posted that his rumors were untrue and got flamed from other members...until they could see the truth for themselves.

JML42691

He got a lot of crap from other members and probably stopped posting because of that. And there was no real reason to believe him as their was no proof of whether he was truly an insider or a kid with an imagination.

the-reason14

Well I thought he was legit at first, but someone called him out on something and he rarely defended himself, so I dont know what was going on. I dont know the whole story but thats some of what I remembered.

OT, but isnt it against some of the rules to discuss past members or something? Because I posted a thread about Generall Grizz(someone who was respected and a key member to this site years ago) and it got deleted or something because I never saw it again. If it is against the rules or it isnt I would have wanted someone to tell me instead of just get rid of the thread without question. And if it is against the rules, then why hasnt this thread gotten locked up and deleted? Just curious about that.

But other than that, I would have hoped that redis was legit, because I enjoyed listening to the insight. He posted something about the Star Tours 2 and said that they were working on it or something.

DisneySaint

His posts were well thought out and convincing but in the end they were wrong. I knew it from the start and posted that his rumors were untrue and got flamed from other members...until they could see the truth for themselves.

I was right there with you pointing out how his 'news' just compilations of other random site rumors as well as random wild predictions that never came to pass. He would then supplement that with some piece of factual information that some - but not everyone - knows about so that he could build is credibility. An over-zealous frontline CM or AP holder is all he was.

The Mom

Premium Member
Posters come and go all the time. Sometimes, it's because of something that happened here, sometimes it's because of events IRL. In Grizz's case, he may have asked a moderator to delete the thread discussing his whereabouts? :shrug:

Or, posters may have been misbehaving in the thread? Nah, that never happens. :lol:

duck_daddy

My Hero! Give me a break!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
For a long time, I thought it would be neat if someone could compile a list of WDW internet rumours, the rumour starter and whether it turned out it had any merit. I'm far too lazy for something like this, but perhaps a motivated person with a spreadsheet exists?

I don't remember all of the rumours that Re-Disney posted, but weren't a fair number of them far enough off in the future that we don't know yet if they are coming true or not?

Rufus T Firefly

Say what you will about ReDis. But, I think most will agree that his posts were imaginative and entertaining. Maybe a little over the top with the Hidden Mickey that he claimed to have placed at SSE.

But, he usually included a disclaimer to take his posts with a grain of salt.

polarboi

The deal with ReDis is pretty simple.

He came in with a lot of realistic-sounding rumors, claiming to be an insider. At first, the community was divided. Some called him a fake, many others believed him. His posts were eagerly anticipated by many in hopes that he was, indeed, the insider he claimed to be.

In the end, though, he got too specific for his own good and made some very detailed claims that turned out to be provably false. When the real insiders pointed out his inconsistencies, he disappeared and hasn't been heard from since.

One of these was the claim that when the HM opened, it would have new pop-up ghosts with two-sided heads: a comical face on one side and a scarier face on the other. When the HM opened without this feature, ReDis claimed that it had been done away with at the last minute. Okay, that's still believable. But ReDis also claimed that the "other side" was still present and visible on the back of the pop-up ghosts, and that he had personally seen it there. That was a big mistake, because it was easy enough to ask our real HM insiders to check on it. They did, and confirmed that it was completely untrue. ReDis stopped posting rumors after that.

-p.b. :cool:

JimboJones123

Damn. How do I get those kind of skins to hang on my wall?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom