Redd the Pirate to Receive Makeover

FigmentFan82

Things have changed greatly since this thread was started. Disney may still yet follow through, but discretionary spending is essentially stopped and I don't think the new Pirates movie have solid release dates any longer.
Understandable, but a shame. I'm always up for a good swashbuckling adventure.

_caleb

I was actually hopeful that Disney might get its act together and update a ride to match a movie tie-in at roughly the same time of the film's release (instead of years later).

JoeCamel

I was actually hopeful that Disney might get its act together and update a ride to match a movie tie-in at roughly the same time of the film's release (instead of years later).
They have to wait and see if it hits before spending development funds on it.

_caleb

They have to wait and see if it hits before spending development funds on it.
Sorry- I was thinking of sequels: Pirates, Frozen, Star Wars (Star Tours/MFSR videos), Marvel. Seems like if they're sure enough to produce a sequel, an attraction or overlay might be a good way to cross-promote.

JoeCamel

Sorry- I was thinking of sequels: Pirates, Frozen, Star Wars (Star Tours/MFSR videos), Marvel. Seems like if they're sure enough to produce a sequel, an attraction or overlay might be a good way to cross-promote.
They often find the sequel shows waning interest in a property and a ride in a park really does not drive box office.

_caleb

a ride in a park really does not drive box office.
Huh. What makes you think this?

I was thinking the other way around- that box office (or whatever the streaming equivalent might be) could drive park attendance. Isn't that why they added Frozen, Ratatouille, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and other movie IP rides/attractions?

JoeCamel

Huh. What makes you think this?

I was thinking the other way around- that box office (or whatever the streaming equivalent might be) could drive park attendance. Isn't that why they added Frozen, Ratatouille, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, and other movie IP rides/attractions?
That and a flawed understanding of what jammin' IP does for your brand

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom