Red Rose

Figments Friend

I liked the Pinocchio Village Haus quite a bit.
The interior decor and the theming in particular.
Those hand painted murals , colored glass window work, carved wood, and themed lighting just appealed to me.

It's a little disappointing to me to see Red Rose become seemingly permanant.
It still has its charm, but the somewhat slapdash 'cover up' of the original decor irks me a little.
Perhaps if it is to truly become permanant the interior will receive a few enhancements.

It's a shame to lose those Pinocchio mural scenes though....and lil' Figaro pulling the 'crooked' Exit sign above the doors.
Great story behind that painting alone.

Just me, I suppose....but I preferred it in it's prior state.

-

mickEblu

I liked the Pinocchio Village Haus quite a bit.
The interior decor and the theming in particular.
Those hand painted murals , colored glass window work, carved wood, and themed lighting just appealed to me.

It's a little disappointing to me to see Red Rose become seemingly permanant.
It still has its charm, but the somewhat slapdash 'cover up' of the original decor irks me a little.
Perhaps if it is to truly become permanant the interior will receive a few enhancements.

It's a shame to lose those Pinocchio mural scenes though....and lil' Figaro pulling the 'crooked' Exit sign above the doors.
Great story behind that painting alone.

Just me, I suppose....but I preferred it in it's prior state.

-

Not just you. Something slapped together with inferior materials covering purpose built original decor can never be better.

mickEblu

I think the art of Pinocchio is simply better than the art of Beauty and the Beast

Agreed. The Renaissance films from Mermaid through Lion King were great (except Rescuers Down Under- that was just ok) but they weren’t much to look at. They look more like Disney afternoon cartoons from the 90s. Not works of art like most of the golden era films from Snow White to Sleeping Beauty.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

Red Rose Tavern still feels so slapdash a year later. Instead of beautiful original illustrations, it’s stock art or stills from the film. Instead of wooden carvings of Pinocchio, the Fox, and the Cat, it’s now just plywood with a curtain covering it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom