News Red Car Trolley to close in early 2025

gerarar

Premium Member

This is so sad.

On my last visit last November, I was sitting on a bench outside the Animation Academy building and watched as multiple CMs switch the Trolley's electric lines above and it was lovely. Their communication, enthusiasm, and coordination was impressive. Couple groups of guests stopped to watch them and clapped as soon they were done and the Trolley resumed on its way.

It was really a minor thing, but it stood out to me on such a busy day doing ride after ride after ride (we only had 1 day to do both parks, so it was hectic!).

And that also reminds me, DL and DCA needs more permanent stage shows. My group needed a place to relax and just sit down for like 30 mins. And a stage production would've been perfect, yet there were none. Take a page from WDW from their handful of shows and do something like that. Yes they're "old", but at least they're still there performing everyday absorbing guests.

The Lion King show was cancelled for that day and the Fantasyland Theater wasn't that appealing/crowded to my group, so it was skipped.

JSouth25

Apparently, in the follow-up tweet, Scott asked if it will return at a later date, and Disneyland officials said, “We look forward to sharing more information in the future.” Seems like corporate speak for “no,” but at least it leaves the door open maybe.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

I assume Pandora is going into the Hollywood area so I guess that may be part of the reason for it going away.
IIRC current rumors have Pandora just taking over the backlot portion expanding out into the transportation hub. My theory if the Red Car Trolley goes entirely it will be due to the fact that Avengers Campus will likely be getting a 5th attraction taking over the Hyperion.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Apparently, in the follow-up tweet, Scott asked if it will return at a later date, and Disneyland officials said, “We look forward to sharing more information in the future.” Seems like corporate speak for “no,” but at least it leaves the door open maybe.
I feel like they would have just said no if that were the case.

D.Silentu

That being said, DCA 2.0’s willingness to leave Hollywoodland alone always meant the Trolley was only on borrowed time
This is a very astute point, because as charming as the Trolley is it could never quite have the same atmospheric impact as the vintage vehicles on Main Street. You can view them from the train station all the way to the castle. Meanwhile the Trolley takes a hard left shortly after the park entrance and provides more ambiance to Hollywood Blvd. Their fates are certainly tied. For my part, I began to have a similar concern for the trolley when Tower of Terror was retired.

Sneaky

Attachments

• IMG_3134.jpeg
    IMG_3134.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 35

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom