Recommendations for Disney children's programming?

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Hi All! :wave:

Though my little man is still less than 3 months old, I want him to eventually have a love of The Disney Channel like I did growing up. Clearly things are quite different now, (RIP Welcome to Pooh's Corner, Dumbo's Circus, Mousercise, etc :cry: ) but I was wondering what shows the parents of young kids recommend around here.

I've been DVR'ing things on Nick Jr and The Disney Channel to check them out myself because we want programming that's more educational than entertaining. Heck, we'd prefer a nice mix of both! So far, I watched Mickey Mouse Club House and something called Oobie which terrified me.

Also, when listing your approved shows, could you say what age range you think is appropriate to go along with them?

Have a great day!

maggiegrace1

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
My Friends Tigger and Pooh
Handy Manny

Sesame Street
Word World
Super Why
Dora

I think for his age Sesame Street is best..but Maggie watched all of these since she was 5 months..3 adjusted age and she learned spanish from Dora..:D

You can get Baby Einstein Videos for him..Those are really cool..:D

I also think Celebrity Fit Club
RW/RR fresh meat
Real Housewives are also good for him..;)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
:lol:

Dana - He inadvertently gets exposed to your final 3 suggestions... We're going to have to work on that once he can speak and repeat what he hears.

Sesame Street and Baby Einstein sound good! Though, we'll have to watch them online or buy the dvds because I can't find them on our local programming. Also, I just watched an episode of Wonder Pets and I think it's the cutest thing ever. It's more preschool aged, but so precious! Is it wrong for me to watch it myself?

Any other suggestions, friends? :wave:

maggiegrace1

:lol:

Dana - He inadvertently gets exposed to your final 3 suggestions... We're going to have to work on that once he can speak and repeat what he hears.

Sesame Street and Baby Einstein sound good! Though, we'll have to watch them online or buy the dvds because I can't find them on our local programming. Also, I just watched an episode of Wonder Pets and I think it's the cutest thing ever. It's more preschool aged, but so precious! Is it wrong for me to watch it myself?

Any other suggestions, friends? :wave:

LOVE The Wonder Pets..this is serious!:D

Maggie loves them too..:)..

happymom52003

It is not Disney, but Little Bear is my all time favorite! Both my kids have loved it since they were toddlers. My 8 year old son STILL likes it. It is a very peaceful show...a nice change of pace from the louder more energetic shows. I used to put it on after my little ones would wake up from their naps and we would cuddle.

I second the Baby Einstein suggestion....those are great for babies, and when my baby niece visits and I put it on for her, my older kids are still mesmerized by it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom