Recommendation for section at POR

officialtom

Going back to POR on Mach 27th (we've stayed there twice before, but it's been a while). I'm thinking I'll call and request a specific section/block for our room -- somewhere close to a bus depot and not too far from the main complex. Any thoughts? I'm thinking maybe 25 or 26. I think we were in 35 or 36 the last time.

Here's the map I'm looking at.

Weather_Lady

I'd recommend asking for Building 16, the closest non-preferred building to the Check-in/Food Court building, and closest to the South Depot, which I think gets the most frequent bus service. (We requested Building 16 when we stayed at PORS and they gave us Building 17, which was also convenient: we simply passed between Buildings 14 and 15 and cut across the parking lot to get to the South Depot.)

Here's a [more recent] map with the room numbers on it, from the Unofficial Port Orleans Riverside website, http://www.portorleans.org/:

Port-Orleans-Riv-Map-Clean.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

officialtom

Original Poster
I'd recommend asking for Building 16, the closest non-preferred building to the Check-in/Food Court building, and closest to the South Depot, which I think gets the most frequent bus service. (We stayed in Building 17 last time and simply passed between Buildings 14 and 15 and cut across the parking lot to get to the South Depot.)

Thanks!! 16 does look to be nice and close to the main complex and not too far from the south depot.

Upvote 0

Mr Toad

I loved the Mansion rooms better than alligator bayou. We stayed in Parterre the last time. But I think those are now Royal Rooms...never been in one of those.

Upvote 0

PoppinsFan

When we were there last September we had a corner room in Building 26 and LOVED the location. Close enough to the main building, pools, bus stop but far enough away not to be too loud. We are going back this May but have requested a room in Magnolia Bend, only because we have only stayed in Alligator Bayou.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

I prefer to stay at French Quarter. It is smaller so no room is to far and the buses. I feel it is a waste of my valuable time having to make the 4 stops that Riverside has verses just the one for French Quarter. I stayed at Riverside in 2004. Have stayed at French Quarter 2009,2012,2013 and plan to be there 2014.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom