¼ tsp. almond extract
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
1 each 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 each large egg
½ cup butter - softened
1 ½ cups sugar
2 tbsp. spiced rum
1 ½ cups 10X confectioners sugar (for rolling and dusting cookies)

Preparation:

Mix flour, baking powder, spices and salt together and set aside.
In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy. Scrape you bowl a few times to help it get smooth and creamy. Add in the 1 whole and egg yolk. Mix until combined. Add in spiced rum, vanilla extract and almond extract next. Mix until combined. Scrape down your bowl. Add in dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Do not over mix. Let mix refrigerate overnight.

Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
Pull out cold dough. Using a small scoop, start scooping your dough into bowl of confectioners’ sugar. Roll balls individually by hand in the sugar until well coated. Place onto cookie sheet in consecutive rows and enough spacing. Cookies will spread out a little bit. Dust the tops with more confectioners’ sugar before baking.
Bake for 7 minutes in conventional oven. After 6 minutes, rotate your pan to ensure they get a good amount light golden brown color. Cookies will look crackly. Do not over bake otherwise cookies will not have that soft center you want. Let cool on a cookie rack then place into an air tight container.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Swan & Dolphin

Eggnog Gooey Butter Cookies

Ingredients:

2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ tsp. almond extract
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
1 each 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 each large egg
½ cup butter - softened
1 ½ cups sugar
2 tbsp. spiced rum
1 ½ cups 10X confectioners sugar (for rolling and dusting cookies)

Preparation:

Mix flour, baking powder, spices and salt together and set aside.
In an electric mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy. Scrape you bowl a few times to help it get smooth and creamy. Add in the 1 whole and egg yolk. Mix until combined. Add in spiced rum, vanilla extract and almond extract next. Mix until combined. Scrape down your bowl. Add in dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Do not over mix. Let mix refrigerate overnight.

Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
Pull out cold dough. Using a small scoop, start scooping your dough into bowl of confectioners’ sugar. Roll balls individually by hand in the sugar until well coated. Place onto cookie sheet in consecutive rows and enough spacing. Cookies will spread out a little bit. Dust the tops with more confectioners’ sugar before baking.
Bake for 7 minutes in conventional oven. After 6 minutes, rotate your pan to ensure they get a good amount light golden brown color. Cookies will look crackly. Do not over bake otherwise cookies will not have that soft center you want. Let cool on a cookie rack then place into an air tight container.

Oh mon dieu, they look delicious! :hungry:

Does anyone have the recipe for the black beans they use on the nachos at La Cantina de San Angel at Epcot? I can tell it has some different kind of flavor in it but I don't know what! It seems to be different than garlic or onion. Thanks!

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I didn't even got which recipe you are talking about, a friend of mine sitting beside me , she said that the toast wasn't fried maybe.
If you are talking about the French toast at the Castle that I had originally asked about this was literally decades ago and Im sure the menu has changed since then. Marie

TinkerTara

Good News Wannabe Belle a fellow Disneynut sent me this one from the Orlando Sentinel online.

hought You'd Never Ask

May 23, 2002

If you like your breakfast on the indulgent side, then French toast is probably on the menu. At character breakfasts at Cinderella's Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, the French toast is a bit more decadent than most preparations.

The chef quarters large cheese Danish, dunks them in a vanilla-scented flour and egg bath and then slips them into a deep fryer until crisp and golden brown.

For an optional topping, the chef sautes apple slices in butter and dusts the fruit with cinnamon and sugar before it is finished cooking. The result is a crowning touch of soft, not mushy, apples fit for a breakfast in any castle.

At home, you can trim a few fat grams by using 2 percent milk for the egg and flour batter and purchasing lower-fat cheese Danish at the supermarket (check the frozen foods section).

Equipment list

Sifter
Large mixing bowl
Whisk
Saute pan
Knife for quartering Danish and for slicing apples for optional topping
Deep-fryer or large, heavy-bottomed pan for deep-fryer

About this restaurant

Located in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, Cinderella's Royal Table in Cinderella's Castle is a storybook dining experience for lunch or dinner. Character Breakfast features Cinderella, of course, and other Disney characters. Lunch and dinner specialties include prime rib, steak, seafood, poultry and salads. Theme park admission is required. For dining information, call 407-939-3463.

Cinderella's Royal Table's Cheese French Toast from the Magic Kingdom

Yield: 8 servings.

3 eggs

2 cups milk

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2 teaspoons baking powder

4 tablespoons sugar

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 quart frying oil

6 cheese Danish, cut into quarters

Cinnamon-sugar mixture for dusting fried toasts

1. Mix eggs, milk and vanilla. Set aside.

2. Sift baking powder, sugar and flour together, add to the egg mixture. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.

3. Heat oil to 350 F. Dip quartered Danish in egg batter and place coated pieces into fryer. Fry until golden on one side. Turn Danish over to brown on the other side. Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture and serve.

Recipe note: For an indulgent topping, saute apple slices in butter and season with cinnamon and sugar.

koalacat

Wondering if anyone knows the recipe for the mac and cheese they serve at the California Grill. I hate mac and cheese but this blew me away.

Thank you!!!

Weather_Lady

Wondering if anyone knows the recipe for the mac and cheese they serve at the California Grill. I hate mac and cheese but this blew me away.

Thank you!!!

Was it the gouda mac & cheese? I've seen references to CG's gouda mac & cheese by people on other boards. If that's the case, epicurius and other recipe sites offer similar recipes for "Aged Gouda mac & Cheese" that you might try, if you can't find someone who has the official CG recipe.

koalacat

Was it the gouda mac & cheese? I've seen references to CG's gouda mac & cheese by people on other boards. If that's the case, epicurius and other recipe sites offer similar recipes for "Aged Gouda mac & Cheese" that you might try, if you can't find someone who has the official CG recipe.

Maybe? I'm not sure I was stuck in the hotel with a cold so they brought my food back for me..I'll try it though and hope for the best! Thanks for replying!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
This isn't a Disney recipe, but I thought y'all might find it useful.

Smoked Salmon Spread = combine equal amounts smoked salmon, goat cheese, and cream cheese (1 oz each, 2 oz each, whatever). Spread the results on crackers, or whatever makes you happy.

fball1208

I am looking for the lobster/ shrimp mac and cheese recipe from Hollywood and Vine. My daughter loved it and we wanted to make it again for her. Thanks!!

awoogala

Some recipes I have begged for ( and been told they no longer hand out recipes/ they can't/etc.)

1. Hummus fries at Spice Road Table (the chef came out, and spent 3 minutes avoiding the actual recipe giving, so I gave up!)

2. Shiriki noodle salad at Jungle Navigation Company (I've asked a few times, they always tell me, "it's made in large amounts, no one has made it into an individual recipe" or "the chef said at some point we will figure it out in a smaller size"

I think they've been moving towards not sharing recipes anymore- or I just asked at the wrong places!

tigsmom

Some recipes I have begged for ( and been told they no longer hand out recipes/ they can't/etc.)

1. Hummus fries at Spice Road Table (the chef came out, and spent 3 minutes avoiding the actual recipe giving, so I gave up!)

2. Shiriki noodle salad at Jungle Navigation Company (I've asked a few times, they always tell me, "it's made in large amounts, no one has made it into an individual recipe" or "the chef said at some point we will figure it out in a smaller size"

I think they've been moving towards not sharing recipes anymore- or I just asked at the wrong places!
It's been very difficult to get recipes from any of the restaurants for the past few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom