Recipe???

careship

Triple Chocolate Moose Stampede

Here's a new one I found recently and thought I would share, sorry if it has already been posted.

Whispering Canyon Cafe

Wilderness Lodge

Yield: 12 servings

INGREDIENTS:

1 chocolate cake recipe or boxed cake product

Kahlúa simple sugar syrup made with:

2 cups sugar
2 cups water
2 cups Kahlúa

Chocolate mousse:

1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Bittersweet chocolate ganache:

2 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons brandy
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Whipped cream, chocolate syrup and maraschino cherry for garnish.

METHOD:

1. Prepare chocolate cake according to directions. Cut off the skin from the top of the cake and slice off the top to level at the same time if necessary. You will need to make three cuts using a slicing knife to transfer the cut layers of cake.

2. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, water and Kahlúa over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Continue cooking without stirring until the mixture is the consistency of syrup, about five minutes longer. Set aside to cool to room temperature.

3. Place a large bowl of iced water near the stove. In a saucepan, combine the chocolate and heavy cream over medium heat until the chocolate begins to melt and the cream is almost simmering. Whisk or stir until the chocolate and cream are smooth. Stir in the vanilla and powdered sugar. Remove from the heat and place the pan in the bowl of ice water. Whisk until the mixture is creamy smooth and softly holds its shape. Spoon into a serving bowl and chill for two hours.

4. To assemble, brush each layer evenly with simple syrup. Next, smooth on chocolate mousse until you have assembled a three-layer cake. With the ganache, frost top of the cake, just enough to cover, and use the remaining to cover the sides of the cake.

5. Serve with whipped cream, chocolate syrup and cherry.

pisco

tigsmom said:
Well, I guess I've eaten worse things before (ever have kidneys?), but if they smell fishy, and that was part of the description, I can't do it.
They sound a lot like Shrimp Chips which you can get at any Whole Foods or Wild Oats here in the states. They also sell them at the fast food place in Japan in Epcot.

barnum42

tigsmom said:
Well, I guess I've eaten worse things before (ever have kidneys?), but if they smell fishy, and that was part of the description, I can't do it.
I'm not a fan of kidneys - though I can take them in a steak and kidney pie.

As far as prawn crackers go, for looks and texture think a white, circular cheesy poofe four or five mm thick. My sister would eat them as if they were crisps/chips. I like to use them to scoop up rice and other little bits :D

tigsmom

careship said:
Here's a new one I found recently and thought I would share, sorry if it has already been posted.

Whispering Canyon Cafe

Wilderness Lodge

Nope, not listed yet...Its Very yummy too. :D

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Horizons78 said:
This one is a bit out of the way I know but.....
Does anyone have a recipe for the spiced cake they serve for birthdays at San Angel Inn at Epcots Mexico? Its individual servings - and I've only had it once but WOW was it good....Anybody?
So I guess this means either: (1) Knobody knows what Im talking about -OR- (2) Somebody knows but has no recipe?

tigsmom

Horizons78 said:
So I guess this means either: (1) Knobody knows what Im talking about -OR- (2) Somebody knows but has no recipe?

Sorry, I looked but couldn't come up with it. You could e mail them & ask for it though.

SewIn2Disney

careship said:

Whispering Canyon Cafe

Wilderness Lodge

I am so making that this weekend. I will def. let you know how it turns out! My mom was so excited to see Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Moose, Chocolate Ganache and Chocolate Syrup combined in one recipie! :sohappy: (and 2 cups Kaluha :eek: woo hoo! Lol)

tigsmom

minnie76 said:
Does anyone have the recipe for guacamole that they serve in the Mexican Cantina in Epcot? It is the best I've ever had.

I've done some checking & I can't find this recipe. Sorry.

Not For Sale

I'm sorry to open up a (relatively) old thread, but I'm having the craving for the "bananas foster cheesecake" from the Brown Derby. I haven't read most of this thread, so for all I know the recipe could be on the previous page.

tigsmom

This is an ongoing thread...updated when a request comes in or new recipes are posted. Don't feel bad. Your request has,'t been listed before, but I'll do a search. :wave:

tigsmom

I found a recipe for the cake you requested, but its from Planet Hollywood not the Brown Derby...

Banana Foster Cheesecake
Planet Hollywood, Downtown Disney

Crust:
1 1/2 cups Nilla Vanilla Wafer Cookie crumbs
Butter for greasing baking pan
Flour for dusting baking pan
1/2 cup melted butter, clarified

Batter:

2 pounds cream cheese
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
8 ounces granulated sugar
8 ounces sour cream

Fosters sauce:

4 ounces butter
4 ounces brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 ounces banana liqueur
1 lemon
1/2 of an orange

Garnish:

Mint springs
Powdered sugar

1. Combine ground vanilla wafers and clarified butter. When the mixture is the consistency of moist cornmeal, you've added just the right amount of butter. When squeezed it should hold together easily.
2. Rub inside of a springform pan with butter. Dust sides and bottom with flour, discarding any powder that does not stick. Using your hands, tamp down the butter-wafer mixture forming a short wall up the side. When the mixture is even and all holes are filled in, bake the crust at 300 F for just a few minutes to set the shell.
3. For the filling, beat cream cheese until smooth. With machine running, add granulated sugar, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides. With the machine running, add the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla paste or extract and sour cream. Pour batter into prepared, cooled pan and level off with a spatula. Bake at 300 F for 40 minutes.
4. For the sauce, in a small sauté pan, cook brown sugar and butter slowly until the mixture liquefies. Add lemon juice, banana liqueur, orange juice and cinnamon. Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes and cool. In another sauté pan, sauté banana slices in sizzling butter. When browned on one side, douse the fruit with some of the Fosters sauce.
5. Cut cooled cheesecake into 8 portions. Top with Fosters sauce. Dust with powdered sugar and add a sprig of mint. Cheesecakes are decadent dessert choices all on their own. But at Planet Hollywood, the chef has combined the creamy concoction with bananas Foster for an over-the-top treat that's getting rave reviews from patrons. Foster sauce was developed at Brennan's in New Orleans in the 1950s. It's a velvety match of sliced bananas traditionally sautéed in butter, brown sugar, rum and liqueur. For the Planet Hollywood presentation, the cheesecake slices are generously drenched in Foster sauce before serving.

Yield: 8 servings.

tigsmom

Take the time to read thru this thread, there are many good recipes. If you have any other requests just post...I keep an eye on this one. :wave:

tigsmom

Apple Charlotte

MAIN STREET BAKERY

Yield: 24 servings

1 sheet shortbread dough (recipe below)
2/3 cup walnuts
8 lbs apples (approx 17 medium cored, peeled and sliced
3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
1 tbs. Salt - optional
2 cups plus 4 tbs. granulated sugar
1 tbs. cinnamon
1 cup raisins
1 tsp. nutmeg
5 tbs. cornstarch

Divide shortbread dough in half. Press half of the dough into bottom of a 13
x 9 baking pan. Bake in moderate oven 350° for approximately 10-15 minutes
until golden brown. Toss apples with dry mixture in a separate bowl. Add to
cooled crust, top with remaining crust. Cut slits for air escape, brush with an egg white wash and bake for approximately 60 minutes at 350°.

Shortbread dough

1 cup plain flour
1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar

Mix together in a medium mixing bowl and roll to desired shape.

Stitch79

Here's the recipe from this week:

Artist Point's Berry Cobbler
Cobbler is a shoo-in for dessert
Published November 10, 2004

Today's recipe request is for the Berry Cobbler served at Artist Point, a restaurant at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Any fresh berries will work in this recipe.

Artist Point's Berry Cobbler

Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
11/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup granulated sugar 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces 1 large egg 1 cup heavy cream 12 ounces fresh blueberries 2 tablespoons light brown sugar 1/2 pint each fresh raspberries and blackberries and 8 strawberries for garnish Vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt or berry-flavored sorbets for serving
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. With a pastry blender, 2 knives used scissor-style or your hands, blend in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly. With a fork, stir in the egg and mix just enough to blend. Add heavy cream and mix just enough to incorporate; do not overmix.

2. Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9-inch cake pan. Line the bottom with wax paper and grease the paper.

3. Press dough evenly into the bottom of cake pan. Place blueberries on top of the dough and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Place the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter pieces over berries.

4. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a rack. Remove the cake from the pan. Cut into wedges. Serve warm with ice cream and the fresh raspberries, blackberries and strawberries.

Send your restaurant recipe requests to Heather McPherson, "Thought You'd Never Ask," 633 N. Orange Ave., Orlando, FL 32801 or hmcpherson@orlando sentinel.com.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom