Recipe???

EvilQueen-T

Just made the pumpkin delight from the swan and dolphin monthly newsletter. Plan to have it for Thanksgiving tomorrow. Has anyone ever had it/tried it?...cuz I haven't and have no idea how it will taste to my guests lol.

EvilQueen-T

sorry...here's the recipe. it was really easy to put together. the only thing we did different was to sub out the lady fingers. i just didn't feel like making them from scratch and i went to 3 stores in our area (college town so not a ton of options around here) but i used a sponge cake instead. i just liked the idea of a lighter feeling type dish but haven't had it before. it came from the october swan and dolphin newsletter/email.

Recipe makes 6-8 servings
Cream Cheese Mixture
8 oz. cream cheese
3 oz. sugar
1 Tsp. cinnamon
1 Tsp. pumpkin pie spice
16 oz. heavy cream

Whip cream cheese, sugar and spices until soft with no lumps. Add heavy cream slowly. Whip to a medium peak and set aside.
Pumpkin Mixture
10 oz. heavy cream
8 oz. pumpkin
1 Tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Whip heavy cream to medium peak. Fold in pumpkin, add spice and mix until combined.

Toasted Pecans
Toast 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes; cool.

Lady Finger Cookies
20-30 cookies soaked in maple syrup

Caramel Sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup sugar

In a sauce pan bring heavy cream to a boil. In a separate saucepan, slowly add and melt sugar until it is medium golden. Slowly add the heated cream to the sugar. It may bubble, whisk until calm. Cool over an ice bath.

Dessert Assembly
Place one cup of cream cheese mixture on the bottom of a loaf pan and spread evenly. Layer lady finger cookies soaked in maple syrup side by side over mixture. Spread another cup of the cream cheese mixture evenly over cookies. Spread a layer of the pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese. Place another layer of soaked lady fingers over the pumpkin mixture in the opposite direction of the first cookie layer. Repeat with one more layer of cream cheese and pumpkin mixture. Cover and place in refrigerator for 3-4 hours before serving. When ready to serve, sprinkle the top with toasted pecans and drizzle with caramel sauce.

akirk18

My last trip to disney I found a favorite dessert that I just can't find a recipe for. Does anyone have the recipe or a similar one to the Narcoossee's strawberry shortcake? It seems to be jello based. If someone could help me out that would be awesome!

PrincessAlice89

hey everyone, thank you so much for posting all these amazing recipes. I have a nice long list of things to try and wow my boyfriend with now!

Just wondering though, last year my boyfriend and I had BBQ pork spring rolls at the Whispering Canyon. They had this really delicious chili sauce with them if I recall correctly. If anyone comes across it, I would love to hear it! I've been dying to eat them again!

tigsmom

hey everyone, thank you so much for posting all these amazing recipes. I have a nice long list of things to try and wow my boyfriend with now!

Just wondering though, last year my boyfriend and I had BBQ pork spring rolls at the Whispering Canyon. They had this really delicious chili sauce with them if I recall correctly. If anyone comes across it, I would love to hear it! I've been dying to eat them again!

From what I can see from the menu it's a BBQ sauce/mayo dipping sauce...I'll do my best to find it, but you can email guest services and request it as well. If you do get the recipe please post for all to enjoy.

EDIT: we already have a posting of their spicy BBQ sauce so maybe that can get you started?

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/recipe.9941/page-22#post-970181

tigsmom

Chocolate Chili Mousse with salted caramel sauce
Food & Wine 2012 Dessert & Champagne Marketplace

Serves 12

Mousse:

5 thai chili peppers
2 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
8 ounces semi sweet chocolate bar, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup or 3 extra large egg yolks

For serving:
3/4 cup of your favorite caramel sauce
6 cups prepared devil's food cake, cut into 1 inch cubes
Fleur de Sel to taste

Mousse:

remove seeds from peppers and place in a small bowl. Heat 6 tablespoons of heavy cream over low heat just until simmering; pour over peppers. Cover & set aside of 15 minutes. Strain & discard peppers.
Melt chocolate in microwave or over double boiler, being careful not to burn; set aside. Whip heavy cream and sugar to soft peaks. Set aside
Combine melted chocolate, egg yolks and chili cream. Stir in 1/3 of whipped cream to the mixture, then fold in the balance.

To Serve:

place half of the cake cubes in bottom of trifle bowl.
Drizzle half of the caramel sauce over cake, then top with mousse.
Repeat process forming 2 layers ending with mousse.
Refrigerate for 4 hours
Sprinkle lightly with Fleur de Sel just before serving, using no more than 1/2 teaspoon.

satchamo

Does anyone have the recipe for Ohana's Shrimp marinade? The one floating around All ears is not the one. I tried it this weekend. Although the shrimp were good (different) it was not the same recipe. Also, I was a little leery of the 2 qts of oil it called for in the marinade....

tigsmom

Does anyone have the recipe for Ohana's Shrimp marinade? The one floating around All ears is not the one. I tried it this weekend. Although the shrimp were good (different) it was not the same recipe. Also, I was a little leery of the 2 qts of oil it called for in the marinade....

That is the recipe we have as well (as do a few other Disney sites). You have to remember that some of these recipes were cut down from institutional size by the chefs for home use and may not be spot on. You can email guest services and see if they send something different.

real mad hatter

Cheers Tigsmom. It's Sunday and Ive just made a batch of 60 beignets.OMG,OMG,OMG. Port Orleans French Quarter has arrived in my kitchen.I also watched a video from WWW.mydisneydiner.com.Secret tip.Once there cooked and still warm,put the icing sugar in a bag and toss the babies into the bag and shake,rattle,and roll.;) This is right up there with my Meatloaf and my DS favourite,my gumbo.Cheers.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Last one for today. This was a hit at our last BBQ. Its the BBQ sauce used at the Flaming Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom. It is awesome. Here it is.

1 cup ketcup or catsup
1/4 cupe rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon mild chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teas[ppm ground cumin seed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

1. in a 2-quart saucepan comvine the ketchup,rice wine vinegar, water, brown sugar, molasses, worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, ground turmeric, ground cumin,garlic powder and ground cloves.

2. bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, reduce the heat to low and cook at a bare simmer, stirring frequently for 35 minutes or untl thickened.

3. use immediately or store covered and chilled for up to 2 weeks

It is currently 9 degrees here and I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing today more than sitting outside in the warmth and eating at The Flaming Tree BBQ. Maybe I'll make this and try and be delusional.

Vernonpush

Smoky Portobello Mushroom Soup
Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge

Yield: 64 ounces; 8 servings

Smoky Portobello Mushroom Soup
6 each medium Portobello Mushrooms
3 each medium Smoked Portobello Mushrooms (see instructions)
1/2 cup Sweet Onions
1/2 cup Chardonnay
1 1/4 Qts Heavy Cream
1 1/2 Tbsp Garlic, chopped
1 cup Diced Potato
To taste Salt and pepper
Croutons (see recipe)
Chive Oil ( see recipe)
Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms (see recipe)
Sour Cream (see recipe)
Chives, cut for garnish

Procedure

1. Clean the Portobellso by wiping them with a damp towel (do not wash!) Remove mushroom gills (the slats on the underside of the caps).
2. Saute' the Onions lightly ( to sweat.)
3. Add the unsmoked Mushrooms to the Onions.
4. Add the Garlic when the Mushrooms are almost cooked.
5. Add the smoked Mushrooms.
6. Add the Chardonnay and reduce by half.
7. Add the diced Potato and bring to a simmer.
8. Add the Heavy Cream slowly and continue to simmer for 10 min.
9. Place in a blender or food processor in batches and blend.
10. Season to taste
11. Serve hot and garnish with Croutons and Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms, a dollop of Sour Cream, a drizzle of Chive Oil, and cut Chives.

Smoking Portobello Mushrooms

In a home smoker, place thick slices of portobello Mushrooms on the rack and cold smoke for one hour.
(We use Oak chips for our smoker)

Croutons

1. Pre-heat the oven to 325-350 degrees Farenheit.
2. Cut 6 slices of your favorite bread into 3/4" squares.
3. Toss in a bowl with 1/4 cup melted Butter.
4. Place on a baking sheet and season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
5. Bake at 325-350 degrees F. until brown.

Chive Oil

1. Place 1 cup of Light olive Oil in a blender and add to that 1 cup of Chives.
2. Blend for 30 seconds and let rest for 1 hour.
3. Strain through fine sieve.

Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms

1. Thinly slice 2 cups of Shiitake Mushrooms.
2. Toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a little Salt and Pepper.
3. Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 375 degrees Farenheit until crispy and golden brown.
4. Cool and set aside.

Sour Cream

1. Place a little Sour Cream in a bowl and whip it up by hand until smooth.
2. Set aside.

tigsmom

Until I've finished reworking the Index (to reflect the changes made in the forums) you will have to do a search for recipes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom