Recipe???

EvilQueen-T

pumpkin mousse trifle w/cranberries & apricot-orange sauce

this is from the disney blogs page titled a taste of epcot f&w festival for thanksgiving

Pumpkin Mousse Trifle with Cranberries and Apricot-Orange Sauce

Serves 6 to 8

Streusel
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted

Apricot-Orange Sauce
1/2 cup apricot jam
1/4 cup orange juice

Pumpkin Mousse
1 egg yolk or 1/4 cup pasteurized egg yolks
3/4 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream

Store-bought spice cake mix, prepared per package directions and cooled
1/2 cup Ocean Spray Craisins

For streusel:

Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a sheet pan with foil; set aside.
Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and sugar in a medium bowl. Add melted butter and stir until mixture is crumbly.
Pour onto prepared sheet pan; bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Set aside to cool; crumble into small pieces.

For orange sauce:
Combine apricot jam and orange juice in a medium bowl. Whisk together until smooth.

For pumpkin mousse:

Whisk egg yolk into pumpkin pie filling. Melt white chocolate chips in a microwave or using a double boiler. Whisk melted white chocolate into pumpkin mixture.
Whip heavy cream to medium peaks. Gently fold whipped cream into pumpkin mixture.

To serve:

Cut spice cake into cubes. Place a dollop of mousse at the bottom of a serving dish. Top with cranberries and a drizzle of sauce.
Place a few cubes of cake over mousse. Top with another layer of mousse, cranberries and sauce, then top with streusel.

nibblesandbits

Jack Skellington Sugar Cookie

Makes 18 cookies

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Icing
2 egg whites
3 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Black food coloring paste

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
Combine butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture in three parts. Once dough comes together, cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a round cookie cutter or an overturned cup, cut dough into circles about 3 1/4 inches in diameter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before icing.

For icing:

Place egg whites in bowl of an electric mixer; whisk until frothy. Add confectioners’ sugar a little at a time, until thick but still spreadable.
Place 1/3 of icing in a separate bowl. Add black food coloring paste to reserved icing and stir until color is uniform.
Decorate cooled cookies by covering with white icing and letting it dry (placing cookies in the refrigerator will speed up this process).
Place black icing in a pastry bag or a plastic resealable bag and cut off a tiny bit of the corner to create a very small hole. Use black icing to draw eyes, nostrils and stitched mouth on each cookie.

nibblesandbits

Chef Ming Tsai’s Sweet & Sour Chicken Stir-Fry

Serves 4

4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1 pound of dark chicken meat (from the legs and thighs), cut into 1/2-inch dice
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon of ginger, minced
1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
3 celery stalks cut into 1/2-inch dice
1 red onion cut into 1/2-inch dice
1 red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch dice
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup Ocean Spray Craisins
White and brown rice, for serving
4 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
Tamari or soy sauce, to taste

Heat wok or sauté pan over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of canola oil and swirl to coat the
pan. When oil is hot, add chicken and stir-fry, separating pieces, until chicken is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
Add 2 tablespoons of oil to wok and swirl to coat pan. When oil is hot, add ginger and garlic; stir-fry until softened, about 30 seconds. Add celery, red onion and peppers; stir-fry until soft, about 2 minutes.
Add pineapple juice and bring to a simmer. Add chicken back to pan and toss to combine. Add Craisins and toss to combine.
Serve with Chef Ming’s “house rice” (50 percent brown and 50 percent white). On a serving platter, make a bed of rice, then top with chicken. Garnish with scallion greens and season with soy sauce.

nibblesandbits

Pumpkin Beignets

Club 33, Disneyland Park

Makes 24 beignets

Pumpkin Beignets

1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water (105º)
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup hot water
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
1/2 teaspoon salt
Vegetable oil, for frying

Maple Glaze

3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup powdered sugar

For pumpkin beignets:

Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Combine flour, pumpkin puree, sugar, heavy cream, hot water, egg, shortening, and salt in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. Mix dough just until combined and smooth. Let dough rest in bowl, covered with a clean kitchen towel, 30 minutes.
Transfer dough to a well-floured surface. Pat to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut into 2-inch squares. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let dough rise in a warm, draft-free area, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350°F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Fry beignets until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side.
Remove with tongs or a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.

For maple glaze:

Combine butter and maple syrup in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until butter melts. Whisk in powdered sugar until smooth.
Drizzle warm beignets with maple glaze and serve immediately.

nibblesandbits

Panko-crusted Chinese Long Beans with Sriracha Mayonnaise

Trader Sam's-Disneyland

Serves 4

Sriracha Mayonnaise
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon sriracha (Asian chili sauce)
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon cleaned and thinly sliced green onion, green part only
1/4 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Panko-crusted Long Beans
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon seafood spice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 pound Chinese long beans*, cut into 4-inch-long pieces
2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
4 cup canola oil, for frying
Coarse salt, to taste

For sriracha mayonnaise:
Combine mayonnaise, sriracha, vinegar, salt, green onions, lime juice, garlic and pepper in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

For panko-crusted long beans:

Combine flour, seafood spice, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
Line a baking sheet with paper towels; set aside.
Pour oil in a deep pot to a depth of 1 inch. Heat over medium-high heat to 350°F.
Moisten long beans; dredge in flour mixture. Dip in beaten eggs, then roll in panko.
Working in batches, gently place in hot oil until golden brown about 2 to 3 minutes, using tongs or a slotted spoon to gently turn beans every 45 seconds.
Transfer fried beans to prepared baking sheet and season lightly with salt.
Serve with Sriracha Mayonnaise.

*Chinese long beans can be found in Asian-foods supermarkets. You may substitute thin green beans.

nibblesandbits

Honey Sesame Chicken

Nine Dragons-Epcot

Ingredients:
10 to 12 ounces chicken , cut into cubes
Oil for frying

Marinade:
1 tsp chicken base (not bouillon; base is a pastelike mixture available in gourmet or larger supermarkets)
Dash of white pepper
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
½ tsp cooking wine
½ tsp sesame oil

Garnishes:
Toasted white sesame seeds
Chopped green onions

Batter:
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup cornstarch
1 heaping tsp baking powder
½ of a beaten egg
2 tbsp oil
2/3 cup water
Pinch of salt

Honey Sauce:
1/8 cup, plus 1 tbsp honey
¼ cup sugar
1/8 cup ketchup
1 tbsp white vinegar

Step 1: Combine chicken base, white pepper, cooking wine, sesame oil, salt to taste, and sugar to taste. Let chicken soak in marinade for 30 minutes.

Step 2: While the chicken is marinating, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, egg, oil, water, and salt. Set aside.

Step 3: Combine honey, sugar, ketchup, and vinegar. Set aside.

Step 4: Heat cooking cooking oil to about 320 degrees.

Step 5: Once the chicken has marinated for 30 minutes, use tongs to dip chicken into batter and deep fry.

Step 6: Heat honey sauce in large wok. Turn off heat and add chicken to coat. Stir in green onions and sesame seeds.

nibblesandbits

Croissant Berry Pudding
Sunshine Seasons
The Land Pavilion, Epcot

Ingredients:

1.5 pounds of croissants
24 oz heavy cream
8 oz eggs
6 oz sugar
1 Tbs vanilla extract
3 oz blueberries

Method of Preparation:

Mix all except the blueberries and croissants, then add blueberries and pour over croissants. Cover and bake for 40 mins at 350, remove foil and bake add'l 15-20 minutes.

nibblesandbits

Smokie City
Raglan Road - Downtown Disney

Serves 2

4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup white onion
1 cup smoked haddock, 1/2-inch dice
1 potato, boiled, chilled and diced in 1/2-inch pieces
1 Roma tomato, 1/2-inch dice
4 tablespoons white wine
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Dubliner cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Pre-heat oven to broil. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion, haddock, potatoes, tomatoes and wine. Slowly add cream and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and stir in cheese and parsley. Once the cheese has melted and cream thickens, pour into an ovenproof bowl and broil until top starts to brown.
Remove from oven and cool for about a minute. Serve with toasted bread.

nibblesandbits

Curried Chicken Salad
Wild Africa Trek - Disney's Animal Kingdom

Serves 2

1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
4 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 ripe mango, diced
3/4 cup red grapes

Fill a large, shallow pan with water. Bring to a boil and add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add chicken. Simmer, covered, until just cooked through, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool. Cut into 1/4-inch dice and refrigerate until cold.

Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, lime juice, curry powder, honey, ginger, pepper and remaining half-teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add chilled chicken and stir to combine. Fold in grapes and mango and serve immediately.

Note: If making in advance, combine chicken with sauce and refrigerate. Fold in grapes and mango a half-hour before serving.

emcclay

When I was at Crystal Palace in October, they had a Jasmine rice. I'm pretty sure it had lemon and cinnamon in it. Just curious if anyone has the recipe! Thanks!

tigsmom

When I was at Crystal Palace in October, they had a Jasmine rice. I'm pretty sure it had lemon and cinnamon in it. Just curious if anyone has the recipe! Thanks!

:wave: Went through our Index as well as my databases and could not find this recipe. You can send an email to Guest services and request this recipe & I will do the same. If you receive an answer please let us know

Mrs.Skellington

Celebration Fudge

Being the Disney Guru I am in my family, my cousin just asked me if I could find the recipe for celebration fudge. I am totally stumped but she told me they sell it near the barber shop on Main Street. I was thinking the Main Street Bakery because maybe her location is off a little bit. If someone knows what this is and how to make it or where I can get the recipe at please message me back. Thanks.

tigsmom

Being the Disney Guru I am in my family, my cousin just asked me if I could find the recipe for celebration fudge. I am totally stumped but she told me they sell it near the barber shop on Main Street. I was thinking the Main Street Bakery because maybe her location is off a little bit. If someone knows what this is and how to make it or where I can get the recipe at please message me back. Thanks.

Could it have been the Main Street Confectionery?

I searched and could find no listing for celebration fudge, but it may have been of of the "flavors of the month" as it is not listed on their menu. You can try emailing guest services and requesting the recipe.

emcclay

The Crystal Palace

Cinnamon and Lemon Basmati Rice

1½ cups basmati rice
3 cups water
1 cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon olive oil
1½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ lemon, seeds removed

In a medium saucepan, sauté cinnamon stick in olive oil for two minutes.
Add water and lemon to saucepan with cinnamon stick.

Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove the cinnamon stick and
add salt.

Stir in basmati rice and reduce to low heat. Cover and cook for
approximately 15 minutes. When water is almost completely absorbed into
the rice, remove from the heat and let it stand for five minutes.
Remove the lemon half and stir rice to balance flavors.

tigsmom

The Crystal Palace

Cinnamon and Lemon Basmati Rice

1½ cups basmati rice
3 cups water
1 cinnamon stick
1 tablespoon olive oil
1½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ lemon, seeds removed

In a medium saucepan, sauté cinnamon stick in olive oil for two minutes.
Add water and lemon to saucepan with cinnamon stick.

Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove the cinnamon stick and
add salt.

Stir in basmati rice and reduce to low heat. Cover and cook for
approximately 15 minutes. When water is almost completely absorbed into
the rice, remove from the heat and let it stand for five minutes.
Remove the lemon half and stir rice to balance flavors.

This sounds yummy & I have everything on hand to make it! :slurp:
Thanks for sharing! :wave:

LuLaSue

Happy New Year to All!

I did search the index but, was unsuccessful in my search for the Cheesecake recipe from Fulton's Crab House.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

A bit of the backstory:

A friend who is an awesome baker has a son who is "small" and doctors say he needs to up his caloric intake. Mom has made many attempts to replicate the recipe on her own but, he knows his Fulton's cheesecake and says his Mom's just doesn't rate. She asked if I could look into it and here I am! Asking the best folks I know!:wave:

tigsmom

Happy New Year to All!

I did search the index but, was unsuccessful in my search for the Cheesecake recipe from Fulton's Crab House.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

A bit of the backstory:

A friend who is an awesome baker has a son who is "small" and doctors say he needs to up his caloric intake. Mom has made many attempts to replicate the recipe on her own but, he knows his Fulton's cheesecake and says his Mom's just doesn't rate. She asked if I could look into it and here I am! Asking the best folks I know!:wave:

I could not find this, but you can email guest relations and see if they will share it. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom