Recipe???

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I was recently at Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast and had the french toast that is part of the meal. It was just so good but had an unusual stuffing ( Ithink it was a custard, my friend said cream cheese kinda like a danish) Any ideas as to what it is? Also if anyone has the recipe?? Thanks!!! :slurp:

Kellylynn322

Good News Wannabe Belle a fellow Disneynut sent me this one from the Orlando Sentinel online.

hought You'd Never Ask

May 23, 2002

If you like your breakfast on the indulgent side, then French toast is probably on the menu. At character breakfasts at Cinderella's Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, the French toast is a bit more decadent than most preparations.

The chef quarters large cheese Danish, dunks them in a vanilla-scented flour and egg bath and then slips them into a deep fryer until crisp and golden brown.

For an optional topping, the chef sautes apple slices in butter and dusts the fruit with cinnamon and sugar before it is finished cooking. The result is a crowning touch of soft, not mushy, apples fit for a breakfast in any castle.

At home, you can trim a few fat grams by using 2 percent milk for the egg and flour batter and purchasing lower-fat cheese Danish at the supermarket (check the frozen foods section).

Equipment list

Sifter
Large mixing bowl
Whisk
Saute pan
Knife for quartering Danish and for slicing apples for optional topping
Deep-fryer or large, heavy-bottomed pan for deep-fryer

About this restaurant

Located in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, Cinderella's Royal Table in Cinderella's Castle is a storybook dining experience for lunch or dinner. Character Breakfast features Cinderella, of course, and other Disney characters. Lunch and dinner specialties include prime rib, steak, seafood, poultry and salads. Theme park admission is required. For dining information, call 407-939-3463.

Cinderella's Royal Table's Cheese French Toast from the Magic Kingdom

Yield: 8 servings.

3 eggs

2 cups milk

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2 teaspoons baking powder

4 tablespoons sugar

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 quart frying oil

6 cheese Danish, cut into quarters

Cinnamon-sugar mixture for dusting fried toasts

1. Mix eggs, milk and vanilla. Set aside.

2. Sift baking powder, sugar and flour together, add to the egg mixture. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.

3. Heat oil to 350 F. Dip quartered Danish in egg batter and place coated pieces into fryer. Fry until golden on one side. Turn Danish over to brown on the other side. Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture and serve.

Recipe note: For an indulgent topping, saute apple slices in butter and season with cinnamon and sugar.

disneyfamily

Major Domo's Favorite Pie

This thread could be way cool and helpful.

My wife is a fantastic cook and we love making recipes from the WDW restaraunts.

Does anyone have a recipe for Major Domo's Favorite Pie. We have some cookbooks from WDW and this one is not in either.
Will gladly trade recipes....

Help....

I am not familiar with Major Domo's Favorite Pie - which restaurant is it from? I do have a number of Disney recipes and web sites with recipes- I would be glad to check for you if you can tell me where it is served?

By the way, does anyone have a recipe for the Kit Carson Salad and Lime Dressing served at Pecos Bill's at MK? Would love to have those recipes.

disneyfamily

Its from Cinderella's Royal Table...I've scoured the websites and have found nothing. When I get home I'll check the cookbooks and back issues of the Disney Magazine for you recipe....

(shhhh, don't tell anybody. but I'm @ work)

:lookaroun

disneyfamily

Sorry DisneyGrandma, I couldn't find the recipe you were looking for. I know that if you ask a chef for a recipe at one of the WDW eateries they will give it to you. Hopefully someone has asked for our recipes in the past and will pull through for us. In the mean time here is a recipe for P.M. Citrus Salad from Narcoossee's

yield : one serving

1/4 cup parmesan cheese.................1/4 cup tomato chopped
freshly grated..............................2 slices avocado
4 orange sections, peeled.................2 cups salad greens,fresh
4 grapefruit sections peeled..............citrus salad dressing
1/4 cup pecan meats..........................(recipe follows)
Lime wedges

Toss all ingredients lightly with fresh salad greens. Refrigerate. Serve wth citrus salad dressing and lime wedges.

Citrus Salad Dressing

yield: one quart

1/2 cup maynnaise...........................6 tablespoons dry mustard
2 cups key lime juice........................1 cup pineapple vinegar

Blend all ingredients until smooth and refrigerate

there you go I will try to add at least one recipe a week until we have them all :drevil:

Vernonpush

We always come home from the World wanting to cook things from the parks. When we were there in December we asked the waiter (in the Canadian pavillion) for the recipe for the beef barley soup and he said they we could pick it up at the register on our way out, but all they had was for the chese soup. We have been trying to recreate from basic recipes but can't quite get it.:hammer:

tigsmom

kit carson salad with lime dressing

is this a chicken salad? I googled Kit Carson salad and came up with this as the first hit...check it out it may be the same thing.

tigsmom

recipes for meanmice

there a lot or sites...i just googled disney recipes and came up with a good sized list. there are also cookbooks to be had.

disneyfamily

Mom's Meatloaf

ok one more for today. This is a sure fire hit. I never really like meatloaf before my wife made this. This is incredible stuff, we usually serve with garlic mashed potatoes. I've tried it at the 50's Prime Time Cafe at MGM and it is an exact duplicate of this recipe.

Mom's Meatloaf
50's Prime Time Cafe
Chef Marianne Hunnel

Serves 8

Ingredients :

2 lbs ground beef
1 lbs ground pork
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon coarsely cracked black peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1. preheat the oven to 350° F. lightly oil two 8-1/2" x 4-1/2" loaf pans

2. in a large bowl, combine the beef,pork, eggs, bread crumbs, onion, green and red bell peppers, 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce, cracked peppercorns and salt just until well blended; do not over mix

3. divide the meat mix in half, shape into 2 loaves, and place in the prepared loaf pans. bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the internal temperature taken with an instant-read thermometer is 155° F.

4. in a small bowl, stir the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce. brush the meatloaf with the ketchip mixture and bake for 10 min. longer.

5. remove meatloaf from oven and let stand for 10 min. before serving.

trust me this is some good chow. and the meatloaf sandwiches afterwards are the icing on the cake.:slurp:

TigsMom:

Yes it does list as a Chicken Salad with Lime Dressing - But I am afraid I haven't been able to find it - where did you find it? Thanks in advance.

It is a chopped lettuce & veggie salad with chicken pieces in it.

tigsmom

DisneyGrandma: Kit Carson Salad

Title: Chicken Salad Of The Wife Of Kit Carson
Yield: 4 Servings

Ingredients

4 boneless skinless chicken
-breast halves
Marinade; recipe follows
1 c garbanzo beans; drained
4 tb chopped green chilies
2 avocados; peeled and diced
2 md tomatoes
cored, seeded ,and diced
1 md Romaine lettuce; cut into
-thin strips
1/2 c Spicy Lime Dressing; recipe
-follows
28 blue corn tortilla chips
4 ts sour cream
4 tb bottled tomato salsa

Instructions

Place chicken in Marinade and refrigerate, covered, about 4 hours. Remove
chicken from Marinade and place on prepared grill. Grill about 10 minutes,
turning once. Or, place chicken in heavy fry pan sprayed with non-stick
vegetable spray and saute about 10 minutes, turning once. In large bowl,
mix together garbanzo beans, green chilies, avocados, tomatoes, lettuce and
Spicy Lime Dressing; toss gently to mix well.
For full salad, arrange in large bowl or platter with 20 blue corn tortilla chips around side. Add
salad mixture and top with 4 chicken breast halves. On top of each chicken
breast half, arrange 2 chips and top each one with 1 teaspoon sour cream
and 1 tablespoon tomato salsa.

For individual salads, cut each chicken breast half into 4 or 5 strips; arrange salad in individual bowl or plate
with 6 tortilla chips around edge. Top each with chicken strips, 1 tortilla
chip, 1 teaspoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon tomato salsa.

To prepare Marinade, in food processor or blender, place 1-1/2 cups fresh pineapple
juice, 3 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, 1/2 cup cider
vinegar, 2 tablespoons sugar, 4 cloves garlic, 4 tablespoons ground chili,
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander and 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin. Blend until
very smooth.Spicy Lime Dressing, in food processor or blender, place 1/4
clove garlic, 1/2 shallot, 1/2 teaspoon ground chili, 1-1/2 tablespoons red
wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard,
3/4 teaspoon pureed ancho chili, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Process on medium speed, slowly adding 1/2 cup peanut oil in thin stream
until well incorporated.

Mitzer

I have been very fortunate over the years that if you ask, they provide. They have even emailed us recipes from restaurants. However, I would love to find the recipe for the Potato & Truffle Lasagnette from the Brown Derby if anyone has it. It used to be on the appetizer list there. They don't serve it anymore and it was absolutely the best !:slurp: . Can anyone help with this one??? Thanks

Also, does anyone remember the Fruit Cobb at the Brown Derby. It was made up of shredded lettuce, but had fruit as the main ingredients instead of the meats/veggies. I used to be able to ask for it ahead of time and they would make it, but no one at the BD remembers the dressing now. Does anyone have this recipe either? Thanks guys...hope someone has one or the other here.

tigsmom

made an extensive net search and couldn't find anything, but I'll keep trying. Just reading some of these recipes make my mouth water

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom