Recent Trip Musings -- Positive (Long...)

DvcMember23

Original Poster
Our first Vacation Club trip!

We (myself, wife, two kids (9 & 7)) went from 10/26 to 11/01.

Stayed at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge -- absolutely wonderful! We initially didn't think we'd like it -- we couldn't get the Boardwalk since they were booked due to the Food & Wine festival at Epcot. Great place, though. Next year, we're going to try for the Villas at the Beach Club, if they're finished in time.

If you stay there, you should always take the boat to MK. Much quicker than the bus!

No lines to speak of anywhere. I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes the whole week, except at Mickeys Not-So-Scary Halloween party (more on that debacle later...). And it's not just Disney -- we did BOTH Universal parks in a single day!

Security is tighter than ever before -- but it's really just "feel good" security. They ask for photo IDs when driving up to the resorts and check all bags when entering the parks.

Both kids got new favorite rides -- my son's first time on the Rock-n-Roller Coaster got him hooked and my daughter fell in love with Big Thunder Mountain. The wife and I are still partial to Tower of Terror -- I've been on it at least 20 times and it still scares the you-know-what out of me! :)

Well, that's the good stuff -- check the next posting for the bad. :-(

cindy-rella

I hope the lines are like that when we go. But we're gonna be there Thanksgiving Week so I'm sure it will be more crowded. We're taking 2 days for Universal & Isle of Adv. then 4 days for Disneyworld. I hope we can ride everything we want to without too long of a wait, especially since they are closing earlier than I had hoped for. Oh well, I'm sure we're gonna have fun even if we have to miss out on a few of our favorite rides.:rolleyes: :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom