? re: POR -Riverside Alligator Bayou/Trundle Beds

micknminnie

Never stayed here and we are thinking of trying this time around. We are a family of five, so I wanted to know which buildings have rooms with the trundle beds? Thanks in advance.

GenerationX

Our family of five has stayed in Alligator Bayou a couple of times. I would highly recommend it as a phenomenal value for the money. One caveat: the trundle bed is somewhat small and geared toward the 10 and under crowd. In our case, the boys liked it so much we had to rotate who slept in it each night.

Upvote 0

Magical Dreamer

Our family of five has stayed in Alligator Bayou a couple of times. I would highly recommend it as a phenomenal value for the money. One caveat: the trundle bed is somewhat small and geared toward the 10 and under crowd. In our case, the boys liked it so much we had to rotate who slept in it each night.

So True....perfectly stated...

We ( family of 5) stayed at POR this past November for 10 nights.....w/free dining --$3200.

Value of this vacation would be hard to beat. Great Time !!!

Upvote 0

me_stitch

Premium Member
sorry for hijacking your thread but I was wondering if someone who has stayed at POR can tell me where the busses stop first when they enter the resort and if you have a late stop are the busses really crowded when you get on? thanks.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
sorry for hijacking your thread but I was wondering if someone who has stayed at POR can tell me where the busses stop first when they enter the resort and if you have a late stop are the busses really crowded when you get on? thanks.

We used to stay there every year, up through our Honeymoon in May 2008 (DVC since then). The buses change up their route depending on whether they're full or empty.

At night, when they're unloading the parks, they'll usually go straight to the north depot, then east, then south, then back to west/main, then out again. At that point, they're usually OUT OF SERVICE so they can head somewhere empty.

In the morning, and through most of the day, they come in and stop at west/main first to do their major load/unload, then circle north, east, south and out.

If POFQ is currently merged with POR, they'll throw it into the mix too. When they stop there is pretty hit and miss, as far as sequence. I was never able to pin it down, because as soon as I thought I knew where we were going next, the driver would turn and go somewhere else.

If you're in the Mansions, the buses will likely be fuller when you get on, especially during park opening (8-10am). So, i HIGHLY suggest you head to the west/main depot for your initial trip to each park. If you come back mid-day, and then go back out, you'll be able to get a seat on just about any bus going to any park from your closest stop.

Upvote 0

micknminnie

Original Poster
I have another question about the POR, is it really that big. I've read reviews about how far some of the buildings can be from the main building and how long of a walk it could be if you are in a building way in the back. But I have also heard this same thing about Pop and when I stayed at Pop last year, I didn't feel that way about the resort. Is POR larger than Pop? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
I have another question about the POR, is it really that big. I've read reviews about how far some of the buildings can be from the main building and how long of a walk it could be if you are in a building way in the back. But I have also heard this same thing about Pop and when I stayed at Pop last year, I didn't feel that way about the resort. Is POR larger than Pop? Thanks.

Everything is relative. The walk from POR's furthest buildings to the main building isn't as far as it is at some resorts (Coronado, Caribbean Beach to be specific), but some of the most remote Bayou buildings are a bit of a walk.

We've stayed in the mansions and bayous, and our bayou building felt like it was a mile away from the main building...but we got used to it pretty quick. And considering how much you walk at the parks all day, the walk to the room seems like nothing.

As far as land size, POR takes up more land than POP. Go to Google maps and search Disney World, then you can scroll around and see the two. You'll be able to see how far some of the Bayou rooms are from the main building.

When you book, you can add a request to be "close to the main building", but they've added a "Preferred" room category because of how many times they get this request, so if you want to be guaranteed a closer room, you'll need to pay more.

My suggestion, just take good walking shoes :)

Upvote 0

Atomicmickey

Buildings 14-18 are very close. I think a couple of those are now "preferred" and so cost more. Nevertheless, google "Port Orleans Map" and you'll see. I do think there are areas that are quite a hike, but just put in your request for some specific buildings--we've gotten our request twice in a row.

The trundle bed is a bit small, but our family of 5 has stayed there for 7 nights, and for 10 nights, and the kids all slept on it and loved it. No worries, there. If you're like us, you aren't in the room much, anyway.

Funny--poster above was there for 10 nights last November, we were probably neighbors with our 5 kid families, that was our last trip! Our price was about the same--free dining was awesome! Just imagine, 320 dollars a day for a family of 5, food included. What a deal that was!

Anyway, we love POR--will be staying there for a couple of nights in February, then going on a CRUISE for the first time, wowie zowie. But
looking forward to "coming home" to POR.

And seeing YEHAA BOB!! DO NOT MISS BOB!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom