Re-painting etc at Caribbean Beach

Maryssa*

Original Poster
Just wanted to toss out a little FYI to anyone who may be staying at CBR soon.

They have workers around Jamaica/Aruba that are sanding/chiseling/repainting the exteriors of the buildings. This involves EXTREMELY LOUD power tools and banging/hammering noises right outside guest rooms. We came back for a nap mid-morning and boy did we get an unwelcome surprise.

We were not notified of this upon checking in, else we would have asked for a room in a different location or at least planned to be out during those hours. So if you will be staying here soon please go ahead and ask if it will be happening near your room just in case!

danpam1024

They have workers around Jamaica/Aruba that are sanding/chiseling/repainting the exteriors of the buildings. This involves EXTREMELY LOUD power tools and banging/hammering noises right outside guest rooms. We came back for a nap mid-morning and boy did we get an unwelcome surprise.

We were not notified of this upon checking in, else we would have asked for a room in a different location or at least planned to be out during those hours. So if you will be staying here soon please go ahead and ask if it will be happening near your room just in case!
How horrible! did you get a discount?

G00fyDad

I'm sorry to hear that. I would ask for a different room right away.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Thanks for the heads up. We have always stayed at Martinique but I appreciate the info in case they try to put us somewhere else.

Maryssa*

Original Poster
We dealt with it since it happened on thursday and were checking out sat morning, so it seemed like too much of a hassle to go complain and be moved (also we did not experience it after that morning so they seem to be working sporadically). I will be sending an email to the housing people in the next few days though.

jazznrachie

Thanks! We're there next week but paid for a preferred room, so we should be in Martinique. I will definitely ask because my 3 year old will need his nap!

olinecoach61

On one hand, I'm glad it's getting a little love. Hopefully they replace the light bulbs too. On the other hand I would def ask to be moved if I couldn't get my mid day snooze in!

Maryssa*

Original Poster
On one hand, I'm glad it's getting a little love. Hopefully they replace the light bulbs too. On the other hand I would def ask to be moved if I couldn't get my mid day snooze in!
Oh definitely! It's amazing seeing how faded the yellow was next to the new coat of sunny yellow paint!

luv

Yup! CBR is looking beautiful from the outside these days.

If they would just switch the rooms back to how they looked pre-cartoon theme, I'd be happy to call it my favorite mod again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom