Re-Do a Retheme!

Garfield Builder

35045.jpg

That would be cool, I did something similar a while back for Disneyland Canada.
Can you show me?

MickeyMouse10

steamwheel.png

Journey to the Center of the Earth
----- (slot car dark ride, similar to the tokyo version)

Discovery Land Airships
----- (aerial carousel, similar to astro orbiter)

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
----- (motorcycle rollercoaster, similar to tron)

Steampowered Transport
----- (omnimover, similar to peoplemover)

From the Earth to the Moon
----- (rollercoaster, similar to Space Mountain)

Restaurants and Shops

Rivets, The Observatory, Apothecary, Spyglass and Quartermaster

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

1899-group-portrait.jpg

pIBZpX9H6U6Nk6gbyWTD4rFKEqq.jpg

Re-Do: Main Street Back Alleys

Main Street Arcades
----- (hallways, similar to disneyland paris)
----- (Much like the Discovery Arcade in dlp it would be corridors to escape the crowds. But these ones would be themed vastly differently. Themed to both S.E.A, (the secret organization of explorers) on the left side, near Adventureland. And Jules Verne on the right side, near Tomorrowland. There would even be more shops added on the other sides of the hallways, which would expand Main Street and add in more merchandising possibilities.)

MickeyMouse10

s-l1600%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Re-Do: Tony’s Town Square Restaurant

Walt and Lilly’s
----- (table service, similar to carthay circle)
----- (Themed to the famous couple, and of course the man who created the Disney Company. It would serve more of an upscale menu than the previous establishment, like Carthay Circle over in DCA. But with some of Walt and Lilly’s favorites sprinkled in. Various pictures of the couple would be showcased throughout to set the mood.)

Goofy Ninja

Anythings got to be better than Tony’s, it taste like they just dump a tomato can on a plate and then put it in the microwave.

Garfield Builder

I think we should retheme the Tokyo Disneyland Space Mountain. Into something I like to call...

Space Mountain: Lost Galaxy

The story goes that an evil organization known as Lost Galaxy has their sights set on Earth. Luckily (with the theme of Tomorrowland changed to a Dieselpunk future), Lucas Diesel co-founded the Space Mountain: Lost Galaxy program to send people into space.

MickeyMouse10

I think we should retheme the Tokyo Disneyland Space Mountain. Into something I like to call...

Space Mountain: Lost Galaxy

The story goes that an evil organization known as Lost Galaxy has their sights set on Earth. Luckily (with the theme of Tomorrowland changed to a Dieselpunk future), Lucas Diesel co-founded the Space Mountain: Lost Galaxy program to send people into space.

Sounds like a winner to me!

The Great Gonzo

Re-Do: Tony’s Town Square Restaurant

Walt and Lilly’s
----- (table service, similar to carthay circle)
----- (Themed to the famous couple, and of course the man who created the Disney Company. It would serve more of an upscale menu than the previous establishment, like Carthay Circle over in DCA. But with some of Walt and Lilly’s favorites sprinkled in. Various pictures of the couple would be showcased throughout to set the mood.)

Sounds nice, Magic needs a more suitable main street restaurant. Tony’s has really gone down the hill since it first opened. And you don’t get enough quality for how much you pay.

Frankenstein79

Most of the Magic Kingdom table services aren’t the best.

But thankfully Skippers has been a welcome addition though. That’s the one I usually pick if I have to do a sit down meal at Magic.

Last edited:

Miru

Alright, let me give the ODL version of TBA an overhaul.

Introducing

Splash Mountain': The Muppet Ride

The ride is based upon the main storyline of 1979’s The Muppet Movie, wherein Kermit first leaves the swamp and pursues Hollywood due to a fateful offer from the outside world, adapting it to a thrilling water ride. To establish it as Critter Country’s E-Ticket attraction/centerpiece, the queue is as fuzzy as it is glamorous, as felt as it is heartfelt. Rather than a Hollywood gala, it’s themed to a smaller-scale commemorative showing down in Critter Country, doubling as an opportunity to find new talent and bring new merchandise about. Statler and Waldorf are still in attendance though, showing up not only in the queue, but also on the ride. A shadow of Sam the Eagle, similar to how the WDW SM did it with Br’er Frog, shows up being reminded that yes this ride has social value. The seating demonstration is shown using Fozzie as the one seating himself, and offering a seat to Annie Sue, via a queue video. Once you’re seated in a log adorned with carvings of the heads of several possible Muppets (Kermit, Rizzo, Robin, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Clifford, Uncle Deadly), you’ll pass your way under the rainbow and into the past. The lift hill has Robin hum “The Rainbow Connection” as Kermit tells him that this ride is the accurate depiction of how they all got together. Once you reach the top of the first lift hill, look around to see Fozzie’s car, parked to look at the riders from the front, and one can also see the Fork in the Road shortly before the first dip, as “Moving Right Along” starts up in instrumental. Statler and Waldorf also appear, heckling audiences by saying “Kermit should turn back by now. He can’t! The track’s a straight line!” The first indoor room begins the lyrics to that song, sung by a bevy of critters, beasties, n’ whatevers in unison, alongside Kermit and Fozzie. Sweetums is also ready to go to Hollywood, holding his bag. One may also notice Goofy and Max driving by, in a nod to the Big Bird role in the original film, the two of them on the way to Powerline’s concert (my other idea for the retheme).

Things become more ominous when we see a billboard for Doc Hopper’s Frog Legs up ahead, a sign of the danger Doc Hopper has in store. “I’ve done my best with that Frog, now it’s time for me to do my worst.” Shortly after this is another drop into the next section of the ride as the track “Can You Picture That” begins, courtesy of the Electric Mayhem, occupying the Laughing Place scenes. Additionally, the Prince of Plungers is also present, flying with balloons, ready to follow the dream as well. Miss Piggy herself can also be seen, as can Rowlf, Bunsen, and Beaker, as part of an effort to concentrate the narrative of the film to fit the ride’s paw print. The water effects are tinted to appear like paint, in recognition of the painting of the vehicle. After the “Slippin Falls” sequence, things take a dark turn; poor Kermit and pals are tied up, cornered by Doc Hopper and his enforcers. We then proceed to the final lift hill of the attraction. In the place of the concerned families, we see Bunsen and Beaker return, showing off their growth pills, Animal taking interest in them. Statler and Waldorf appear again, this time more sinister, in place of the Boot Hill Boys. “What did you expect in one of these rides, a happy ending? I never expected a happy ending here at all! Not happy for us, that is, nothing’s ever happy… DOHOHOHOHO!” At the top of the lift hill, Kermit has been tied down, while Piggy fights back against the thugs. It seems that Kermit has accepted his demise and chooses to sacrifice himself for the safety of his many friends, then the ceiling bursts into rubble and reveals the enlarged Animal, in a homage to the Jurassic Park rides, who scares away the villains and leads us into the final plunge and photo shoot.

Now that we’re all wet, get ready for the final number; none other than “The Rainbow Connection”, sung by dozens of muppets in harmony, surrounding riders on all sides as we see some of them belt off from the “Steamboat Jimmy”, the former “Zip-a-Dee Belle”, while others are on platforms nearby.

(To be continued)

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Alright, let me give the ODL version of TBA an overhaul.

Introducing

Splash Mountain: The Muppet Ride

The ride is based upon the main storyline of 1979’s The Muppet Movie, wherein Kermit first leaves the swamp and pursues Hollywood due to a fateful offer from the outside world, adapting it to a thrilling water ride. To establish it as Critter Country’s E-Ticket attraction/centerpiece, the queue is as fuzzy as it is glamorous, as felt as it is heartfelt. Rather than a Hollywood gala, it’s themed to a smaller-scale commemorative showing down in Critter Country, doubling as an opportunity to find new talent and bring new merchandise about. Statler and Waldorf are still in attendance though, showing up not only in the queue, but also on the ride. A shadow of Sam the Eagle, similar to how the WDW SM did it with Br’er Frog, shows up being reminded that yes this ride has social value. The seating demonstration is shown using Fozzie as the one seating himself, and offering a seat to Annie Sue, via a queue video. Once you’re seated in a log adorned with carvings of the heads of several possible Muppets (Kermit, Rizzo, Robin, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Clifford, Uncle Deadly), you’ll pass your way under the rainbow and into the past. The lift hill has Robin hum “The Rainbow Connection” as Kermit tells him that this ride is the accurate depiction of how they all got together. Once you reach the top of the first lift hill, look around to see Fozzie’s car, parked to look at the riders from the front, and one can also see the Fork in the Road shortly before the first dip, as “Moving Right Along” starts up in instrumental. Statler and Waldorf also appear, heckling audiences by saying “Kermit should turn back by now. He can’t! The track’s a straight line!” The first indoor room begins the lyrics to that song, sung by a bevy of critters, beasties, n’ whatevers in unison, alongside Kermit and Fozzie. One may also notice Goofy and Max driving by, in a nod to the Big Bird role in the original film, the two of them on the way to Powerline’s concert (my other idea for the retheme).

Things become more ominous when we see a billboard for Doc Hopper’s Frog Legs up ahead, a sign of the danger Doc Hopper has in store. “I’ve done my best with that Frog, now it’s time for me to do my worst.” Shortly after this is another drop into the next section of the ride as the track “Can You Picture That” begins, courtesy of the Electric Mayhem. Additionally, the Prince of Plungers is also present, ready to follow the dream as well.

(To be continued)

Great job Miru! You have an amazing, amazing talent with laying things out and telling the story!

I think this fits well with my future idea of transforming the area into Critter Country too. And making Frontierland a part of the new expansion area. I also was thinking of adding in Muppets into the Magic Kingdom as well, but in another location. They seem really underutilized at the moment.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

3851517448_a6fc9d468f_b.jpg

Re-Do: Main Street’s City Hall

Mickey and Friends Banquet Hall
----- (family platters, similar to garden grill)
----- (Mayor Mickey, Dapper Donald, Firefighter Goofy and more welcome you to their new Main Street home. Rather than a buffet I decided platter meals would be better for this venue. This way people don’t miss when their favorite characters stop by. Like what almost happened with my brother at Chef Mickey. He almost didn’t see his favorite character, Donald Duck.)

Rambozo

Re-Do: Main Street’s City Hall

Mickey and Friends Banquet Hall
----- (family platters, similar to garden grill)
----- (Mayor Mickey, Dapper Donald, Firefighter Goofy and more welcome you to their new Main Street home. Rather than a buffet I decided platter meals would be better for this venue. This way people don’t miss when their favorite characters stop by. Like what almost happened with my brother at Chef Mickey. He almost didn’t see his favorite character, Donald Duck.)

I'd love to see Dapper Donald... in photos. I'm not really a fan of character meals, but for someone that is this seems like a must do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom