RCT3 True Awsomeness revealed! (Actual Gameplay Footage)

DarkMeasures

Original Poster
This game is going to be godly....

One of the producers at Atari has been spending time building a park in Sandbox Mode. He was also showing it off to Gamespot. Anyway, Watch the video in the little box before reading the preview. There is a lot to see because this is a long video.

Anyway, the video shows the actual game interface. On the left side of the screen will be a series of Octogan buttons. Press the button and it opens another menu of Octagon buttons which leads to the tools and such like the terrain editer. The Terrain editer itself seems godly. There are all the old simple tools from the previous games as well as new options like one where you select a depressed area of land and water fills it up. (makes rivers and lakes in half the time as before)

Another cool thing was that there were a series of Underground tunnels in the park and when you put the camera right inside them, you could see that they were highly detailed. This hopefully means that now you can make more detailed insides than before and you don't need to delete the roof like before.

Anyway, read the preview. This game is going to rival the work of Will Write.

nicholas

I wish I had graduated beyond the very very basic level of this game. I never did more than the first level of the RCT1. I love the game to death, I just couldn't move beyond that. And everyone else's parks I've seen are STUNNING while mine are just a ferris wheel and a bush. I wish I was better at this game. This new one looks incredible.

NowInc

The lack of involvment from Chris Sawyer worries me tho....we'll just have to wait and see. I cant even begin to tell you how many games had amazing trailers/gameplay footage and then the final product was..well...pretty bad

disneyaniac

Lack of involvment!? , thats thumbs up in my book, look how much more this game is for the fans point of view, atari has given the fans what they asked for.

NowInc

disneyaniac said:
Lack of involvment!? , thats thumbs up in my book, look how much more this game is for the fans point of view, atari has given the fans what they asked for.
I'm not knocking it..but im also not praising it yet. I'll wait until i actually experience it first hand before making judgment. Just expressing my concerns...dont forget that its not always what it looks like...I see a very high leraning curve and a low-compatibility rate plaguing this game...lets hope im wrong

Al

From the screenshots, I thought it looked a lot like Theme Park Word & Theme Park Inc (I think it might be called something different in the US), but from looking at the video it looks much better - although I bet i'll have to upgrade my pc to play it :lol:

ogryn

Al said:
From the screenshots, I thought it looked a lot like Theme Park Word & Theme Park Inc (I think it might be called something different in the US), but from looking at the video it looks much better - although I bet i'll have to upgrade my pc to play it :lol:

It was Sim Theme Park in the US, I think.

System specs aren't too high...

Operating System: Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP (Windows® XP recommended)
Processor: Pentium® III 733 MHz or compatible (Pentium® 4 1.2 GHz or compatible recommended)
Memory: 128 MB RAM; 256 MB for XP (256 MB; 384 MB for XP recommended)
Hard Disk Space: 600 MB free
CD-ROM Drive: 4X CD-ROM or faster (8X or faster recommended)
Video:Any ATI Radeon™ or GeForce™ 2 with 32MB or higher; or other video card with 32MB and hardware T&L (ATI Radeon™ 64 MB SDR or GeForce™ 2 Pro or other video card with 64 MB or more memory and hardware T&L recommended)*
Sound: Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP-compatible 16-bit sound card*
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9 (included) or higher

DarkMeasures

Original Poster
Al said:

I don't understand why everyone compares Sim Theme Park to RCT3. I see nothing in common.

NowInc

80% of the computers in the world do not have video cards with hardware T&L (thats the problem plaguing most games)

NowInc

DarkMeasures said:
I don't understand why everyone compares Sim Theme Park to RCT3. I see nothing in common.
3D Theme park simulation games. tho they may have different underlined features..the basic concept is the same

kevmagkingdom

Account Suspended
ogryn said:
It was Sim Theme Park in the US, I think.

System specs aren't too high...

Operating System: Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP (Windows® XP recommended)
Processor: Pentium® III 733 MHz or compatible (Pentium® 4 1.2 GHz or compatible recommended)
Memory: 128 MB RAM; 256 MB for XP (256 MB; 384 MB for XP recommended)
Hard Disk Space: 600 MB free
CD-ROM Drive: 4X CD-ROM or faster (8X or faster recommended)
Video:Any ATI Radeon™ or GeForce™ 2 with 32MB or higher; or other video card with 32MB and hardware T&L (ATI Radeon™ 64 MB SDR or GeForce™ 2 Pro or other video card with 64 MB or more memory and hardware T&L recommended)*
Sound: Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP-compatible 16-bit sound card*
DirectX®: DirectX® version 9 (included) or higher
Those are fairly high freaking specs, if you ask me. Especially the 733mhz processor, only computers from the past maybe year and a half have that much. Mine's 400mhz, but i'll risk it and get the game.

I am excited for RCT 3, but I am trying to hold off on becoming REALLY excited until it actually comes out. It looks very confusing what with that button system (I liked the old one better!):)

Blair

I'm trying to figure out how the new game will work in creating haunted house/ dark ride types. One of the greatest features for me in RCT2 was being able to build rides where the vehicle went through opening and closing doors inside castles and spook houses.

The lack of Chris Sawyer's involvement is actually pretty heartening to me. I know he was the brains behind the original, but he really didn't grasp the fans' desires. Very often in playing the older games, you would start playing only to realize he had specifically coded in ways to stop players from truly creating what their own parks and scenery. It took zillions of hacks and patches to get around his coding and actually play the game in a creative way.

The interface looks great. Anyone who's played SimCity 4 should recognize it as a pretty easy branching series of tools. I like that it stays off the screen when you're not using it.

Testtrack321

kevmagkingdom said:
Those are fairly high freaking specs, if you ask me. Especially the 733mhz processor, only computers from the past maybe year and a half have that much. Mine's 400mhz, but i'll risk it and get the game.

I am excited for RCT 3, but I am trying to hold off on becoming REALLY excited until it actually comes out. It looks very confusing what with that button system (I liked the old one better!):)

733mzh high? I guess you havn't heard about Doom3 or HL2.....

DarkMeasures

Original Poster
The 3 gigahertz processor came out maybe 2-3 years ago. My computer is 1.7 gigahertz and is two years old. And it is a budget PC.

All I need to do to run Half-life 2 would be to get more ram and a new graphics card.

But my moniter is so bad that I would need a new one first.

But anyway, new computers probable run over 1000 times faster than mine due to faster kinds of ram, 64 bit processors, PCI express and all that.

And RCT3 still looks promising, I just hope the ride designer is like the BAT from SC4.

mrtoad

I have a Compaq Evo 1.8 GHz machine that is ment for developers (was state of the art about 1 1/2 years ago). I don't know the differences between the types of RAM but the machine has 3 GB RAM in it and when the RAM upgrade was purchased it was over $4000 for the memory. Anyway I have no problems running anything but Doom 3 kills my machine if I don't play on the lowest quality. I have a GForce 4800TI graphics card.

They made the game too nice looking. I hope that HL2 is not as bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom