RCI—>Wyndham Bonnet Creek ins and outs?

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Hey Disney experts,
I have been to WDW many many times, but never stayed off-site and visited parks (we stayed at Silver Springs bear AK in December 2019 and visited some resorts and restaurants, but didn’t go in the parks).
We have a bunch of RCI points and I was playing around and found a 2 bedroom at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for summer 2021.
Has anybody stayed there? What do I need to know? We’re 2 adults, DS9, DD4 and a baby.
We would be staying on RCI points. We would rent a car. We have APs that have not yet been activated (we also have a trip planned October 2021 and February 2022).
Specific questions:
Do RCI Exchanges have a parking fee?
Is there a daily resort fee aside from the RCI housekeeping fee and security deposit?
I don’t really know what else we need to know... We always stay in the bubble, so this would be a different sort of trip for us.
Thoughts? Opinions?

WDWFan2018

We have stayed there twice and loved it both times. My kids were 2 and 5 the first time and then we went a year later also. We did have to pay for parking. The appliances aren't the best quality, but they're fine. Both times we had an element that didn't work on our stove. But having in suite laundry was invaluable! The grounds are beautiful. Many pools, water slides, arcades, ice cream parlor etc... I would definitely stay there again.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
We have stayed there twice and loved it both times. My kids were 2 and 5 the first time and then we went a year later also. We did have to pay for parking. The appliances aren't the best quality, but they're fine. Both times we had an element that didn't work on our stove. But having in suite laundry was invaluable! The grounds are beautiful. Many pools, water slides, arcades, ice cream parlor etc... I would definitely stay there again.
Thanks! People do seem to like it. Did you stay on an rci exchange, or did you book a room another way?

RememberWhen

Original Poster
It was booked through RCI both times. My parents booked it with their points.
Thanks. We usually stay DVC, so there’s no parking fee, but we also don’t usually want to have a car. Off property we would definitely want a car. Want is a strong word with kids, but lugging car seats won’t be that bad.
I was hoping not to have the parking fee on top of the housekeeping fee and the exchange fee, but all in all it’s still not bad. And the kids would love the pools. They look awesome.

WDWFan2018

Thanks. We usually stay DVC, so there’s no parking fee, but we also don’t usually want to have a car. Off property we would definitely want a car. Want is a strong word with kids, but lugging car seats won’t be that bad.
I was hoping not to have the parking fee on top of the housekeeping fee and the exchange fee, but all in all it’s still not bad. And the kids would love the pools. They look awesome.
Yes, you definitely need a car. There is a shuttle offered, but it costs about $8 per person and it only runs four times a day (from what I remember). Not convenient if you're traveling with a baby. We rented a car and we actually rented car seats as well. We rented car seats, a crib, and a stroller. Let me know if you need information about the companies we rented from. the company we rented the car seats from, actually met us at the car rental place and installed the seats for us. They were amazing.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Yes, you definitely need a car. There is a shuttle offered, but it costs about $8 per person and it only runs four times a day (from what I remember). Not convenient if you're traveling with a baby. We rented a car and we actually rented car seats as well. We rented car seats, a crib, and a stroller. Let me know if you need information about the companies we rented from. the company we rented the car seats from, actually met us at the car rental place and installed the seats for us. They were amazing.
That’s an interesting idea. I hadn't considered renting them. We have a travel car seat for the 3 year old (she’ll be 4 then) and the big kiddo has a travel vest (they are awesome!) so it would just be the baby. We’ve never had a lap infant before, but might with 5 of us... I’ll keep you posted and thanks for the offer!

MissingDisney

There’s no parking fee for WBC timeshare/exchange. The parking fees are the hotel only. Also, housekeeping fee is optional should you wish to use this service. We always decline.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
There’s no parking fee for WBC timeshare/exchange. The parking fees are the hotel only. Also, housekeeping fee is optional should you wish to use this service. We always decline.
The housekeeping fee is only $75, so pretty reasonable. It’s per stay, regardless of unit size or duration of stay. Usually RCI is good about laying out all the fees, and I didn’t see parking fees, but I also saw lots of reviews that said there safe parking fees, so I wasn’t sure. We’re still on the fence, but really hoping next summer will be better.

Rob562

Usually RCI is good about laying out all the fees, and I didn’t see parking fees, but I also saw lots of reviews that said there safe parking fees, so I wasn’t sure. We’re still on the fence, but really hoping next summer will be better.

As is often the case with properties owned by the same company that have similar names, you get people leaving reviews for the wrong property. People often don't take the time to differentiate "Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek" (the hotel) from "Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort" (the timeshare).

-Rob

RememberWhen

Original Poster
As is often the case with properties owned by the same company that have similar names, you get people leaving reviews for the wrong property. People often don't take the time to differentiate "Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek" (the hotel) from "Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort" (the timeshare).

-Rob
Yes. There are a lot of similarly named places. In the end we decided to book a week on Cape Cod instead since that’s drivable and feels safer given the uncertainties of the world.

Walt Disney1955

Hey Disney experts,
I have been to WDW many many times, but never stayed off-site and visited parks (we stayed at Silver Springs bear AK in December 2019 and visited some resorts and restaurants, but didn’t go in the parks).
We have a bunch of RCI points and I was playing around and found a 2 bedroom at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for summer 2021.
Has anybody stayed there? What do I need to know? We’re 2 adults, DS9, DD4 and a baby.
We would be staying on RCI points. We would rent a car. We have APs that have not yet been activated (we also have a trip planned October 2021 and February 2022).
Specific questions:
Do RCI Exchanges have a parking fee?
Is there a daily resort fee aside from the RCI housekeeping fee and security deposit?
I don’t really know what else we need to know... We always stay in the bubble, so this would be a different sort of trip for us.
Thoughts? Opinions?

My parents are time share owners, so we get to use their weeks. Back in 2018 we went to Bonnet Creek and just adored it. If there wasn't the world's biggest playground just right outside your doorstep then I don't think we would have even left the resort. But you are right there in the middle of Disney property so you obviously take advantage of it. When we went the kids loved it. They were 7, 5 and 2 at the time. All loved the two lazy rivers. There were 5 pools at the time and they were building the 6th one. There was the pirate ship themed pool and the water slides and of course the hot tubs. I just loved the lazy river, especially at night. Just a fun place to be. Relaxing. You could watch the fireworks at the top of one of the buildings. Actually, with the view you were able to see Epcot's (which are pretty close) and Magic Kingdom's going off at the same time. It was nice. Plus you are really close to things like the Boardwalk and Disney Springs. So I'd highly recommend it to someone even if all they want to do is lounge at a pool.

TamaraQT

I stayed at WBC 3 times over a 10 year period. I was never disappointed in choosing it over staying onsite. If you are a die hard onsite fan but considering trying offsite, then WBC may be ideal for a first time offsite stay. If you prefer a Disney ONLY vacation, then offsite may not be ideal for you. Just don't be surprised if your kids prefer the pool parties, dive-in movies, poolside games and activities over going to Disney every day. It's priceless to see the parents reaction of kids not so in love with Disney as they thought.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
I stayed at WBC 3 times over a 10 year period. I was never disappointed in choosing it over staying onsite. If you are a die hard onsite fan but considering trying offsite, then WBC may be ideal for a first time offsite stay. If you prefer a Disney ONLY vacation, then offsite may not be ideal for you. Just don't be surprised if your kids prefer the pool parties, dive-in movies, poolside games and activities over going to Disney every day. It's priceless to see the parents reaction of kids not so in love with Disney as they thought.
Thanks! We actually did a non-Disney trip and stayed offsite in December 2019. We were all surprised at how much fun we had and how much we really enjoyed visiting Disney property without even going into the parks. That was pre-covid, so we did hoop dee doo one night and one morning we did breakfast at Cape May to see our “friends.” We rode the skyliner and the boat near the epcot resorts. We had a great time. The pools at WBC look way more fun than where we were staying. It’ll definitely stick on our list as a good off-site option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom