Raven66's very late May trip report!!

The players.........Dee (me) :wave: , Joe (husband) and Keeley (daughter,8).

Our plane left Memphis airport at 5:50 AM May 19th. We spent the night in West Memphis the night before. Everything went fairly smooth. Except that I was so nervous about flying my face broke out in hives. Not very attractive, I must say. Disney's Magical Express was GREAT!! I will admit that we were a little worried about our luggage, but as it turns out there was no need to be. We got so excited when we saw all those DME busses lined up and waiting.

We were dropped at our resort, Pop Century. The line for check-in was pretty long but it went fast. We got checked in and our room was even ready. :D So we went up to it and looked around, dropped our carry ons, went potty, applied cream to the hives :lookaroun , and off to the busses we went.

May 19th............Epcot
When we got off the bus we headed right for Soarin'. What a fabulous ride. I'm very afraid of heights, but on here you didn't even notice that you were up. We waited about an hour in this line, but it was worth it. We made the rounds of everything. We decided at about 4 o'clock we were going to head back to the resort for a rest. I had only had 2 hours sleep since May 18. I was so tired I couldn't even carry my camera bag. So off we went to the resort. While my family went to the pool and exploring, I fell asleep. I slept for about 2 hours. When I woke up, I probably could have played Dopey, because that is how I felt. We went back to Epcot for the EMH. We wanted to ride Soarin' again but the line was even longer for the EMH. We skipped it and did Figment, Keeley's favorite. Pluto was greeting people on their way out of the park so tha was my daughter's first character meeting for this trip. We went back to the resort and went to sleep. :snore:

May 20th............Magic Kingdom
We were up and out waiting for the bus by 8 AM.
You know, I knew I was at Disney World, but I didn't really feel it until I was at Magic Kingdom. I don't what it is. :) It's just a great feeling. We had a wonderful time. We hit everything we possibly could.

It's a Small World looks so nice. It's bright and new.
I could name everything we did, but that would just take up too much room. We did everything, TWICE, and enjoyed it tons.

We headed back to our room and did a little swimming and then went to bed. I know what you are thinking, Why didn't you see Wishes? Well stay tuned. :)

Raven66

Original Poster
More report

OK..........
May 21........Magic Kingdom, Part 2
We knew that we would be spending another whole day here, because my dad and my sister (mom stayed home) were coming to see us for the day. So we did everything again that we did the previous day, which is way great. Before they got there tho, Keeley and I went on Buzz Lightyear and the ride broke down for about 30 seconds. No big deal, but it's kind of creepy when there is no one else on the ride. Joe, was doing Space Mountain. He did it 3 times before he decided he needed to come back into the light. :lol: Here is the first truly bad thing that happened to us this trip.......I thought I lost Keeley's autograph book. Now usually it wouldn't be a big deal, buy a new one. But this one was last year's as well. I wanted to use the book up before we bought a new one. I was crying and Keeley was telling me it was ok that she wasn't mad. I asked Joe if I gave it to him and he said no. Cry some more. We were on the "peoplemover" (I know) and looked down to see if was still there on a table. No such luck, cry some more. I said "joe are you sure you don't have it?" He unzips the pack and there it is. I had a quick fantasy of throwing him out while over that table I thought I had left it on. :lookaroun He didn't remember me giving it to him and I don't remember doing it. Crisis averted.
So we went to ToonTown to wait for Dad and my sister. Keeley got her face done and she looked so beautiful. Ok you caught me, I think she is beautiful anyway.

So we did everything again that we did the day before. Had a blast. That night we watched Spectromagic and my dad and sister left after that. But we stayed and watched Wishes. What can I say about it? It was so great. Keeley and I sat on the ground holding hands and me crying (surprised?? :rolleyes: ). It was so wonderful. I can't wait to see it again next year. Went back to the room and went to sleep.

Raven66

Original Poster
Day 3 Epcot and Disney Studios

As usual we were up and waiting for the bus by 8.

We went to Epcot again because we had a PS for the StoryBook Princess Breakfast. It was a surprise for Keeley and she was so happy. They seated us and told us the princesses for the morning. No Ariel, but that was ok. They had Mulan, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty,Belle and Jasmine. Ok let me just say that I've read on here several times on how beautiful the girls are in Norway. Some one should have prepared me for how HOT the men are. Oh my :eek: . Our waiter's name was Lars (Hey) I couldn't even eat. I was too busy drooling. Joe had to keep reminding me that he was sitting there with me. I didn't care much for the food anyway. :lol: My final act of looking at Lars was when I told Joe I was going to drop my napkin so Lars would have to bend over to pick it up. Keeley said that I'm not allowed in Norway anymore. And Joe saying "hello, still here" So we really enjoyed ourselves there. We walked around a bit. It's really nice when there is no one else. It was very quiet.

Off to the Studios..........It was EMH that night, so we did a few rides and then went back to the room.

We swam and ate and then headed back to MGM. I don't do RnR. So I sat on the wall and people watched. Sometimes that is just as fun. EMH are great, we rode ToT about 4 times. Did some more stuff and then back to the resort.

Raven66

Original Poster
Day 4 Animal Kingdom

Ok this is where I think we had the best time. It started off not so good. I got separated from my family. I had to sit in the back. It was the kind of bus where the seats are turned against the walls of the bus. So the aisles are bigger. Well, we got there and everyone stood up but the lady next to me. She was on there with her husband and 2 kids. She had one kid the hubby had the other. There was about 20 people behind me waiting to get off. So I started down the aisle and the little girl picked that moment to run in front me. I put on the brakes and tried to go around her. The mother who was playing with the kids' stroller, turned to me and said "if you just wait 2 seconds I will be done". Now I'm not a very confrontational person to strangers. I sort of back down, but that made me mad. There was plenty of room for people to get off the bus. I told her that I didn't want my family to leave without me and she said "they won't" Do I know you? No I don't so how could you know? I didn't say anything because I was getting angry. There were so many things I wanted to say to the woman. But I took the high road. I have nothing against people that get to go to WDW all the time, if I could I would. But they had just been there and we save up a whole year to go. My family would leave me to catch up to them. We only have a certain amount of time for vacation so if you lag behind, see ya! :lol:

It didn't ruin my day, but it put a dark cloud over it. But we went about our day and had a great time. We went and did all the rides except the safari which I was bummed about, but the line was so long. I've never seen a line that long, so we skipped it. We decided that instead of watching the parade we were going to go wait in line for FoLK. The lady in the booth was so nice. Her name is Claudia, :wave: . Everyone needs to go say hi to her. I just sat there chatting with her. I told her that we see this every year, but this year we wanted good seats. To make a long story short, she called to the back and got us floor seats!!! :sohappy: It was the most amazing thing. We had to be at the side entrance at a certain time. While we were waiting at the side, Chip, Dale and Koda came out to mingle with the kids. There was only about 10 kids out there. Keeley had a blast. They played hokey pokey, tag and hide & seek. When it started to get busy again, they went back in. We got let into the room. Claudia came over to see how we were doing. What a wonderful lady. The music started and the dancing, they were practically in our laps. Keeley got picked to be in the show and one of the monkey's came over and pretended to pick bugs out of Joe's hair. It was just great.
As we were finishing up our day, we went into the Rainforest Cafe gift shop. I said something to Keeley and she burst into tears. I just stood there looking at her. I said honey what's wrong? She said she didn't feel good. She took ahold of my hand and if I would have been made out of paper, she would have set me on fire she was so hot. I was like Joe she is hot and he said, (lady's get ready for this, you will know what I mean) it's 90 degrees out of course she is hot. I said hey (insert expletive here) I know the difference between fever hot and hot hot. :mad: Well turns out I was right (DUH!!! ) So we got in line to go back to the resort. And wouldn't you know it, that same lady was there too. i was so shocked she just happen to be on the same bus. As we are walking to get on the bus, she stops in mid line to fold up the stroller. We happen to be right behind her. Of course there are people behind me again. I think she was just trying to start a fight that time. But yeah me, I didn't say a word. I was just worried about getting my girl back to the room. We got back, I took Keeley for a quick dip and back to the room and she was asleep by 8:30. The next morning she was ready to go. I think she was just overly tired. Stay tuned for the rest. My hands are cramping up. Be back in a bit. :wave:

Raven66

Original Poster
Day 5-7

Ok I'm back, but there is a problem. I have forgotten what we did on day 5. We did so much stuff this trip that I have drawn a blank. This may be the day we spent doing nothing. We did go to ESPN Club one night and had dinner. I'm thinking we spent another half day at Animal Kingdom, at least that is what Keeley said. I'm not sure.

Day 6.............We went to Magic Kingdom once again. We were on a duck hunt. A Daisy Duck hunt. We found out she was at MGM until 9:30 that morning and we never would have gotten there in time. So we toured the MK again. We got stuck on Splash Mountain for 45 mins. I'm still having nightmares over that one. They gave us a fast pass to get back on but I just couldn't do it.

Day 7.........We went to MGM to continue our quest for Daisy Duck. We found her with Donald on Mickey Ave. It was so great. We also got to meet the Incredibles. We had to be back to Pop Century by 3 so we could catch our bus to the airport. It was a sad day. :cry: But a good thing that my family did for me was they took me to Sci-Fi diner for lunch. Keeley said it was a belated Mothers' Day gift. I enjoyed it a lot. The food was good, albeit a bit pricey, but very nice. Next year they are taking me to 50's Prime Time.

We got home and all of our luggage was there waiting. :sohappy:

Thank you Walt Disney World for another wonderful vacation!!
I hope you all enjoy reading my very long winded trip report. :wave:

sheryl2007

Nice report, thanks for sharing! I would have done the same thing you did with the women and stroller, bite your tongue, don't embarrass the famliy by starting a squabble, it is WDW after all:zipit: I'm glad the rest of the day went so well after that:) even if the women was on the return bus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom