Rates for TD Hotels

DisneyFan 2000

Original Poster
Hey guys,

So my partner and I are looking into a trip to Japan. It goes without saying that I pulled all my weight for a trip to TDL ;)
I wanted to really splurge since this one of those once-in-a-lifetime trips so I decided to check for rates at the Disney resorts.
Odd thing is, there are no rates available beyond 2018. We're looking into a late April trip.

Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated. :)

DisneyFan 2000

Original Poster
Reservations don't open up till 5 months in advance. TDR explorer has a great guide about how to book once it is open though...

link
Thanks! Follow up question if I may- is the 15 minute extra park time perk relevant for both parks regardless of which hotel you're staying at?

peep

Thanks! Follow up question if I may- is the 15 minute extra park time perk relevant for both parks regardless of which hotel you're staying at?

Hmm, not 100% sure and I'm intrigued seeing as I plan on staying on site next year. This tiny sentence from the TDR explorer site I linked previously suggests it's for all 3 of their hotels and is for both parks?

TDR Explorer said:
  • Entrance to the parks 15 minutes before regular guests

Anyone else know for sure on how the early entrance works?

ThemeParkTraveller

I think the only exception is that you cannot use Happy 15 on the day of check-in (if you arrive that early) unless you are staying at the MiraCosta and using it on TDS. And apparently, Ambassador Hotel guests can do the same for TDS starting in 2019.

Absimilliard

Magic 15 Entry:

- Tokyo Disneyland: 15 minutes early access to World Bazaar and Tomorrowland. Buzz Lightyear Astroblaster will be open and then you're in prime position to score fast passes once the park officially opens.

- Tokyo DisneySea: 15 minutes early entry to part of Porto Paradiso and the New-York area of American Waterfront. Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania will be running and you'll be closer to Nemo and possibly Journey to the Center of the Earth to score fast passes once the park officially opens.

A good advantage is this: I call it the "extra hour of sleep" since the guests are so punctual and you won't have to be at the gates of the park 60-90 minutes before opening. You can show up 30-45 minutes before, head to the designated turnstiles and have an early attraction.

ThemeParkTraveller

Magic 15 Entry:

- Tokyo Disneyland: 15 minutes early access to World Bazaar and Tomorrowland. Buzz Lightyear Astroblaster will be open and then you're in prime position to score fast passes once the park officially opens.

- Tokyo DisneySea: 15 minutes early entry to part of Porto Paradiso and the New-York area of American Waterfront. Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania will be running and you'll be closer to Nemo and possibly Journey to the Center of the Earth to score fast passes once the park officially opens.

A good advantage is this: I call it the "extra hour of sleep" since the guests are so punctual and you won't have to be at the gates of the park 60-90 minutes before opening. You can show up 30-45 minutes before, head to the designated turnstiles and have an early attraction.

I wonder why only BLAB is open for Happy 15 at TDL. It seems most people don't even ride it but instead opt to get in the growing queue to hit Monsters Inc when the park officially opens. At TDS, at least two of the most popular attraction at the park are open for Happy 15.

DisneyFan 2000

Original Poster
Magic 15 Entry:

Thank you! That was very helpful. To be honest, this doesn't sound like that great a perk.
I know the resort can get extremely busy but a 15 minute head start for two attractions doesn't seem that amazing. (Especially since we'll be skipping Toy Story Mania and Buzz since we've done both elsewhere in the world)

GiveMeTheMusic

Thank you! That was very helpful. To be honest, this doesn't sound like that great a perk.
I know the resort can get extremely busy but a 15 minute head start for two attractions doesn't seem that amazing. (Especially since we'll be skipping Toy Story Mania and Buzz since we've done both elsewhere in the world)

The big perk is getting to skip the huge lines of people at the main gate who arrive 1-2 hours before park opening. Happy 15 gives you a smaller line to deal with, and the advantage of being inside the park when it opens so that you can beat the waves of people to Monsters Inc, Pooh, Journey, TOT, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom