Ratatouille Ride at Disneyland Paris Resort Gets Funding

Tloz

If you can get to Crush, you can consider yourself to be very lucky... or very patient!
One of the project for the Studios, is a huge placemaking, resulting the dismantlement of most of the premises... But we need money to do that, and the 1.3 billions are certainly not going into such projects...

Turtle

What ride technology is this? I've heard it's like Spiderman in IoA, and I've heard it's like Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Which one?

Tloz

What ride technology is this? I've heard it's like Spiderman in IoA, and I've heard it's like Pooh's Hunny Hunt. Which one?
I've never been there, but all the people I know from the project talk about a mix between those two rides.

Bolna

I've never been there, but all the people I know from the project talk about a mix between those two rides.

That sounds very promising! And as The Empress said, it sounds like WDSP will end up with a good number of excellent attractions in its tiny footprint. It's a shame that it lacks theme...

Tloz

Yes indeed. Specially for Backlot. But it might be re themed in Marvel. If the placemaking ever happened, we also might have a Pixar-lot (TSPlayland, Cars, Crush, Ratatouille).

The global theme of the park is so wide that nearly everything could fit in, therefore the park becomes a tote

Tloz

Assuming the ride is a succes, I wuld say that it almost sure it will come to WDW (or Disney Resort, or both), if they find a proper location. It's often that new stuff comes to the US, it's rare they go out and come to us :(

Bolna

Assuming the ride is a succes, I wuld say that it almost sure it will come to WDW (or Disney Resort, or both), if they find a proper location. It's often that new stuff comes to the US, it's rare they go out and come to us :(

Hey, we got Crush!!!
(Won't mention Toystory Playland - as I don't consider it a worthy attraction...)

Tloz

Sure. Now what about Star Tours The Adventure Continues? What about the Tower of Terror, originally planned for DLP, first made in WDW? The second park of the resort, France is the last country that has it's second park.
EDSCA cruelly lacks of money, even if the payement of the debt might make things better, it still need money that it doesn't have.

But what I've described earlier is not a Disneypark stuff exclusively. How many video games are on American market and will never be on the European ? Even if they are hits. You'll be surprised to know how many good games made by French (and European) companies are exported in the States.

So now you know what you have to do: GIVE US MORE MONEY! :D

Bolna

Oh, I am not saying that everything is fine at DLP!! I am very sad every time I visit it because you can see everywhere that money is missing, for example since my last two trips I think that all the toilets at Disneyland Park need to be redone as they are way past their life span. Oh, and during my August visit I could not help but think that both park desperately need to add capacity, i.e. new attractions, because the crowds were pretty unbearable. So, I agree in general, just thought it funny to point out Crush as I have read so often Americans longing for it to come to DHS...

And while I don't know a lot about video games, what you are saying is true for TV as well. My American friends regularly tell me about some great TV series and they either never come to German TV or end up on some obscure channel being shown at 1am...

Turtle

Sure. Now what about Star Tours The Adventure Continues? What about the Tower of Terror, originally planned for DLP, first made in WDW? The second park of the resort, France is the last country that has it's second park.
EDSCA cruelly lacks of money, even if the payement of the debt might make things better, it still need money that it doesn't have.

But what I've described earlier is not a Disneypark stuff exclusively. How many video games are on American market and will never be on the European ? Even if they are hits. You'll be surprised to know how many good games made by French (and European) companies are exported in the States.

So now you know what you have to do: GIVE US MORE MONEY! :D
Tower of Terror wasn't originally for Paris.. I'm 99% sure

Bolna

Add capacity or stop offers like 5 ticket a week for € 20 each! (on some periods).

You mean the pass holder promotion? Yes, I got the impression that they are desperately trying to raise attendance with a lot of deals. When I was booking my trip to Paris for this summer, Expedia had an offer of a free one day park hopper for DLP if you booked a hotel in Paris. I was quite surprised to see that. Not sure whether the strategy to raise attendance with all means really pays off in the long end as a lot of people might end up not spending much more over their discounted ticket.

Tloz

You mean the pass holder promotion? Yes, I got the impression that they are desperately trying to raise attendance with a lot of deals. When I was booking my trip to Paris for this summer, Expedia had an offer of a free one day park hopper for DLP if you booked a hotel in Paris. I was quite surprised to see that. Not sure whether the strategy to raise attendance with all means really pays off in the long end as a lot of people might end up not spending much more over their discounted ticket.
That's partially what I meant. The debt is huge, really, therefore they aren't suppose to be able to afford such promotion. I'm glad my friends can come with me for with a cheaper ticket, but I don't understand why they are doing this promotion if they lack so much money

Bolna

That's partially what I meant. The debt is huge, really, therefore they aren't suppose to be able to afford such promotion. I'm glad my friends can come with me for with a cheaper ticket, but I don't understand why they are doing this promotion if they lack so much money

They hope that all of your friends spend a lot of money on princess dresses and food... Not sure how this works out, I am afraid that they just further cheapen the product and people will not want to pay higher prices in the future. To be fair, I got a Decouverte AP with a shareholder discount in March (before it was discontinued) and therefore did not pay much more than 20 € per day for my 4 days at DLP this year either... Which reminds me: it seems that they are trying to make the shareholders club less accessible again as they now require a 100 € minimum in shares for new members.

Also wanted to say that it's great to have a new DLP regular posting here! It seems that you are fairly local?

Tloz

They hope, but my friends won't. Most of them are college students, and don't have much money . We can't afford a €14 menu for a burger and a small portion of fries. And if we cant spend this money in food, we can't spend it in gifts...

For the shareholder club, it's true. I've never been there, but loads of abuse in the conditions and terms of use have been reported, so maybe they try to stop it by raising the minimum amount of share.

Finaly, yes, I live in Paris, I'm only 40-50 minutes away by train ;) If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them, but I suggest you to use PM, because we should go back on topic, Ratatouille!
1163791249.JPG

(Picture by Mr. Freddy on DisneyCentralPlaza, don't forget to right click and show picture)

peep

Blimey, the more of that building that goes up the more surprised I am at just how huge it is. I'm a bit too excited about this attraction coming to Paris :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom