News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The art showed a neighborhood to the left of what si the

You have no idea what you’re talking about. I read plans and blueprints for a living. The original rendering and designs shows another neighborhood “street” scene with the entrance to the ride facing the lagoon. The current plans show a box show building that is not disguised behind a series of facades In a new street. The drawings show an entrance to the right of the perfume store, going through the small formal park, to the side of the buildings already there. That’s called value engineering.
Err... the actual plans are quite similar to the piece of marketing art that was released. Though as is more the case nowerdays concept art is just that.

Location, layout and access/egress have not changed.

peter11435

You have no idea what you’re talking about. I read plans and blueprints for a living. The original rendering and designs shows another neighborhood “street” scene with the entrance to the ride facing the lagoon. The current plans show a box show building that is not disguised behind a series of facades In a new street. The drawings show an entrance to the right of the perfume store, going through the small formal park, to the side of the buildings already there. That’s called value engineering.
You are misunderstanding the concept art. The art depicted nearly exactly what is shown in these plans. The art does not show the rides entrance facing the lagoon.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I am not sure what you are getting at. The concept art shows the "box show building" in the plot between France and Morocco, a new street behind the existing pavilion buildings which you can see on the left, which wraps around the buildings in the lower left to the front of the pavilion where the entrance to the land will be.

upload_2017-12-10_8-9-30.png

and here is a marked up version (although some of the labels are wrong) of the plans that shows the same thing.

upload_2017-12-10_8-11-55.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Exactly why I hated the gondolas in the Magic Kingdom.
As a kid I remember thinking what an ugly, illusion-breaking view from the ride - I was 9.

I hope you never ride a car or bus around WDW and just teleport around because you get lots of views of back stage areas by simply looking down roads and alleys as you travel around.

What I posted was a loading area for a resort. The gondolas aren't giving you that same kind of back stage views of the parks.

dennis-in-ct

I hope you never ride a car or bus around WDW and just teleport around because you get lots of views of back stage areas by simply looking down roads and alleys as you travel around.

What I posted was a loading area for a resort. The gondolas aren't giving you that same kind of back stage views of the parks.

The photo you showed was the "backstage" views of the boardwalk resort and I thought commenting on how the view will be unfortunate from the gondola.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The photo you showed was the "backstage" views of the boardwalk resort and I thought commenting on how the view will be unfortunate from the gondola.

It's always unfortunate to see how sausage is made. Disney likes to hide it as much as possible, but they're a lot more lax about it outside the parks, and that was just an example of the most back-stage-y thing one will see from the gondola, with an Aladdin reference to make the joke of how 'magical' it will be. The double joke being how impossible it is to make the magic work 100% of the time. People need to suspend belief at times, like ignoring the people working the Nemo Musical puppets until Disney can develop levitating AAs.

dennis-in-ct

It's always unfortunate to see how sausage is made. Disney likes to hide it as much as possible, but they're a lot more lax about it outside the parks, and that was just an example of the most back-stage-y thing one will see from the gondola, with an Aladdin reference to make the joke of how 'magical' it will be. The double joke being how impossible it is to make the magic work 100% of the time. People need to suspend belief at times, like ignoring the people working the Nemo Musical puppets until Disney can develop levitating AAs.

Agreed and of course.
Outside the parks - who cares. But inside the parks - a little care would be nice.
The gondolas at Busch Gardens Williamsburg are all "in-park" and very charming, not intrusive and the views are un-revealing.
An example of good placement and execution.
busch-gardens.jpg

I am sure Disney will make it work. Just hated the original Skyway gondolas.

Last edited:

Cake

QUOTE="danlb_2000, post: 7968920, member: 66039"]he Eiffel Tower is in a slightly different location in the concept art then where it is now.[/QUOTE]
I noticed that, too. It looks out of place in the concept art, but maybe from the ground it will be a different/ better view.

Update- saw Marni’s post. Now I understand :happy:

Last edited:

Movielover

This is my guess.

-Rob

You know after really looking at the concept art it does appear that the tower is sitting beyond the buildings where you put it. When first released I just assumed it was still sitting on the buildings in a slightly different spot.

EricsBiscuit

Now I have a thought, since Brazil won't have an attraction, could they squeeze it into the remainder of this expansion pad? There are downsides for example if they did want an attraction they would have to do the Indy in DL treatment. But I think it's an interesting idea.

sedati

Now I have a thought, since Brazil won't have an attraction, could they squeeze it into the remainder of this expansion pad? There are downsides for example if they did want an attraction they would have to do the Indy in DL treatment. But I think it's an interesting idea.
I think if you split a pavilion so part of it sits across the promenade on the waterfront (like UK, Morocco, and Mexico) you could use what's left of that pad and still get good amount of land for new country.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is Impressions de France (the theater) still there in the recently released plans?

The theater is, yes. Nothing about it has to change for Rat. But that doesn't mean they still won't update the movie in some way for some other reason.

Right now a “new” France film is pencilled for 2020. This has only appeared quite recently so what the scope of it is I don’t know.

I have recently had IDF covered in the best possible quality for posterity just in case ;)

Admiral01

Premium Member
Right now a “new” France film is pencilled for 2020. This has only appeared quite recently so what the scope of it is I don’t know.

I have recently had IDF covered in the best possible quality for posterity just in case ;)

Thanks both. I’ll miss Impressions de France if and when they change it.

jmuboy

I think if you split a pavilion so part of it sits across the promenade on the waterfront (like UK, Morocco, and Mexico) you could use what's left of that pad and still get good amount of land for new country.

PLEASE NO! No more clutter on the lagoon side blocking up views!
Maybe they could do this if Spice Road Table was removed to open up lagoon views across from Morocco in exchange for Brazil blocking the views a little ways down. I just hate to see the lagoon closed off from the promenade anymore than it has. Spice Rd Table is such a dead area for all the work that went into it. Who thought that menu (a 3rd in Morocco with a Mediterranean menu) would work or drive business. Its never busy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom