News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Jones14

For anyone who has ridden it, would you put it on the same level as Gringotts? From what I’ve read, it seems to be in the same boat (good, but doesn’t quite live up to expectations based on the possibilities of the ride system).

Scrooged24/7

For anyone who has ridden it, would you put it on the same level as Gringotts? From what I’ve read, it seems to be in the same boat (good, but doesn’t quite live up to expectations based on the possibilities of the ride system).
I thought it was great ride, but maybe a bit biased as Ratatouille is my favourite Pixar movie. The technology & the effects blend well together. Haven’t ridden Gringotts yet.

matt9112

gringotts rides a traditionalish coaster track and is capable of the small drop and some other effects due to this. the rat ride is a trackless system much more like the seaworld attraction with penguins and thus cannot have the same level of movement. it looks like the rat ride has no suspension like movement either.

ToTBellHop

I understand what you’re saying. Yes. It could do better with the LPS ride system. It will be the weakest of the three LPS rides WDW will have in a little over 2 years. And yet it will be great.

BrianLo

Hmm - this is not a terrible comparison. Both attractions have some issues. I personally was more disappointed with Gringott's based on higher expectations, but I sort of had a similar reaction getting off Rat.

I think ultimately many people here will like Rat, just as they like Gringott's. Even though some of us will be grumpy about that.

The only slight hiccup Rat has going for it is that it doesn't try for the fences and miss as much as Gringott's does. They make a few lame choices as opposed to horrible design flaw choices. Others won't perceive those as being misses and swear up and down that it is crazy to put those rides on the same playing field.

sedati

If it's an exact copy of the original, then it seems we're still getting a good attraction. But I hope it isn't an exact clone- usually there is something that can be learned from the first attempt that can be improved upon with the second. I think at the very least we will get a more up to date projection technology- not that I've heard anything bad about the original.

Jwhee

No, not at all. I wouldn't even put Rat in the same league as Gringotts. Was terribly disappointed after getting off of Rat. Very awkward pacing, odd scenes where you pull into projection rooms, then pull out and see other ride vehicles in stuff in projection rooms.. Just odd. Also has no motion bases during those screen portions.

Bocabear

I can't think of a recent addition where the second version of the same attraction has been improved upon.
Well actually the second version of Splash Mountain was better then it's Disneyland Original, but other than that one time, I agree with you. Second generation attractions are almos always the dumbed down version....Which worries me about the WDW version of Star Wars Land...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom