News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

Daveeeeed

There's no way it's an E. It comes up short in so many ways compared to the true E's. It's a solid D
There's something called a Headliner E-ticket. Those being the likes of Splash Mountain, The Tower of Terror, and Radiator Springs Racers. Ratatouille is not that, but it is a fantastic ride with immense immersion. It does rely excessively on screens, but it uses them as a whole far more effectively than rides like Gringotts and Kong. It tells a story and it does it well.

It's sort of like Rock n' Rollercoaster or Star Tours. It's not the best ride in the world, but it most certainly is an E.

Remember, wait times don't make something an E-ticket anymore, otherwise meeting Elsa would be #1.

andre85

Remember, wait times don't make something an E-ticket anymore, otherwise meeting Elsa would be #1.

Where did I insinuate wait times had anything to do with it? Despite your intentions, I'd argue Ratatouille is closer to Frozen than a proper E Ticket.

Although it doesn't particularly matter as it's all semantics. My point is there's a very clear deficit in thematic details and overall ride experience between Ratatouille and Disney's finest--it's not even close ("immense immersion?" please). It's a fine ride, but not a particularly impressive one. If you want to call that an E-Ticket, go for it

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If I may ask, do you have a list for that? Would be interesting to put in perspective :)
Top of my head, and by no means a complete not definite list;

Cranium Command
Making of Me
Goofy About Health
Bird and the Robot
The Water Engine
Backstage Magic
Electronic Forum

Plus the Communicore exhibit areas of Central, Energy Exchange and Futurecom could each take an hour or more of your time.

Plus Expo Robotics was an enjoyable diversion for ten minutes

Even Travelport had things to do and see.

Dunston

Making of Me has to be one of the most awkward theme park attractions ever made. I get sex ed is important, but i'm not sure while on vacation at Disney World is where most people expected to have that conversation.

It's very amusing to go back and watch on Youtube though.

I agree... the peak of "WHAT were they thinking?!" stuff in Disney

jaxonp

Where did I insinuate wait times had anything to do with it? Despite your intentions, I'd argue Ratatouille is closer to Frozen than a proper E Ticket.

Although it doesn't particularly matter as it's all semantics. My point is there's a very clear deficit in thematic details and overall ride experience between Ratatouille and Disney's finest--it's not even close ("immense immersion?" please). It's a fine ride, but not a particularly impressive one. If you want to call that an E-Ticket, go for it

Umm Rat blows frozen away.

brb1006

I would take Ratatouille over Frozen.

TiggerDad

I would put both Frozen and Rat in the group of rides that you ride once per trip to check the box and then you move on. An E ticket you want to ride over and over. For us, in DLP, Rat was a one and done. Crush's Coaster was awesome and we wanted to ride it again. Hyperspace Mountain my old body could only take twice but the younger ones in our group rode it four times. BTMRR was down most of the day but was amazing, with the ride in the middle of the lake. I'd put those rides in a different category than Rat.

jaxonp

What's not to love about the complete lack of animatronics or meaningful set dressing

Is amount of animatronics your only criteria for for level of ticket? So, would you say Flight of Passage isn't an E-ticket or Spiderman etc? Maybe what you should say is rides with robots covered in synthetic materials is what gives that Ticket the E. Come on now, don't be silly.

andre85

Is amount of animatronics your only criteria for for level of ticket? So, would you say Flight of Passage isn't an E-ticket or Spiderman etc? Maybe what you should say is rides with robots covered in synthetic materials is what gives that Ticket the E. Come on now, don't be silly.

It's not, and I never said that. My point is the ride feels half-assed for an "E Ticket"--and the lack of animatronics is only a supporting factor in a ride where they would have been well-suited. Ratatouille pushes ZERO boundaries and its use of screens & vehicle movement isn't nearly as compelling as more standout attractions. The vehicles don't even most in any meaningful way, besides slowly scene-to-scene, unlike the other attractions you mentioned which feature fully articulated movement. There's also a very clear and obvious divide that exists between screen and sets that aren't nearly as obnoxious in better attractions

I don't hate Ratatouille, I just find it largely unremarkable

Last edited:

jaxonp

It's not, and I never said that. My point is the ride is half-assed for an "E Ticket." It pushes ZERO boundaries and its use of screens & vehicle movement isn't nearly as compelling as more standout attractions. The vehicles don't even most in any meaningful way, besides slowly scene-to-scene, unlike the other attractions you mentioned which feature fully articulated movement. There's also a very clear and obvious divide that exists between screen and sets that aren't nearly as obnoxious in those better attractions

I don't agree with that assessment but I enjoy your opinion. The ride is much more calm than Spiderman as it was intended. You're not fighting villains.. you're a Rat trying to sneak around after all. There are a few sets: The fridge set with the giant veggies and meats, under the moving cart with moving wheel set (creates a cool effect), under the cooktop with heated ceiling effect, the individual small single view rooms that give the effect of you running through duct work. Again, I'm not sure what people expect from this attraction that it isn't doing compared to the other LPS systems. I'd agree the final scene could use a rework but overall the effects are done quite nicely for goal Disney went after. I'd argue Rat is to Spiderman as Rockin is to Hulk. Rides that are similar but geared towards a wider audience aka Disney.

ToTBellHop

It's not, and I never said that. My point is the ride feels half-assed for an "E Ticket"--and the lack of animatronics is only a supporting factor in a ride where they would have been well-suited. Ratatouille pushes ZERO boundaries and its use of screens & vehicle movement isn't nearly as compelling as more standout attractions. The vehicles don't even most in any meaningful way, besides slowly scene-to-scene, unlike the other attractions you mentioned which feature fully articulated movement. There's also a very clear and obvious divide that exists between screen and sets that aren't nearly as obnoxious in better attractions

I don't hate Ratatouille, I just find it largely unremarkable
I think it’s the least impressive LPS ride but still a great ride. It will be the best ride in World Showcase...

Midway Mania Syndrome will influence its wait times methinks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom