"Rapid Fill" Mugs Coming to Walt Disney World Hotels

Goofyernmost

Somehow with the costs of everything else going up at Disney EVERY.single.year I think that no matter if people had or hadn't "stolen" drinks this still would've happened and they still would've raised the price. It would be an awesome deal, however, if they eventually go to where you can get refills in the parks as well. Plus, it would save on them having to purchase as many paper cups and the waste that comes from the paper cups. Just a thought...:)
That could be true, but if no one was stealing drinks we would have no reason for this discussion. Those that didn't are not upset in the least. There may be an important message there. Just saying. If no one were stealing, there would be a zero gain by doing this, in fact, there would be no reason to do this at all. It all kinda happened for a reason and it wasn't to make more profit it was to have less shrinkage and get their rightful income.

Contrary to what seems popular belief, Disney is not a food bank. There are in business, at this point, to make money. Try and remember that Walt Disney and family are no longer involved with running this company. To the Disney family especially Walt, it was personal, to these people it is a job with a challenge to make money, nothing else. We may not like that but, that is the way it is and will never go back.That is done by making guests happy. When it become a necessity that in order to make guests happy you have to turn your head the other way while they steal from you, then it is time for a serious evaluation of expectations. I, personally, would rather support a company that is mindful of every guests feelings and not just concerned about possibly offending people that are basically self involved and dishonest.

jaklgreen

I'm not exactly excited with this development but I don't blame Disney for doing it. They system has been abused for YEARS. On a recent trip to WDW we saw people filling up the old wide mugs that were last used probably 10 years ago. (Takes guts to walk up with those!) At Aulani this year we saw people filling up all sorts of things - paper cups, courtesy water cups, bottles, basically anything they had available that would hold soda.

The offer is what it is - a mug you can refill for X number of days. If you like that offer, but it. If you think it's too expensive, then don't. The choice is yours. But don't complain that you can no longer cheat the system.
The old wide mugs that where resort specific are the ones that they sold as unlimited refills for life. We have a couple from the Contemporary from 16 years ago.

MOXOMUMD

And what happens if the soda you pour is flat? Or if you filled it with the wrong soda? Now you have to wait three minutes to correct it? And if is the paper cup, you lose a refill because of the error?
This actually just happened to us with a paper cup. (The fountain was dispensing warm soda.) The manager on duty has a card that will reactivate the refill for you but only if there is a problem with the soda (flat, warm, syrup out). If you pour something then change your mind, you're stuck. Since I had the manager there I asked her a lot of questions.

The refill interval time for mugs and cups is 2 min. 30 sec. The refill policy is the same for both adult and child size cups. Four fills and she said the screen says within one hour but it is actually two. Now when people request a cup for water it is white with the Coke logo on it. We sat at the first table by the drink fountains tonight for dinner and I must say I did see people being turned away for not using the correct mugs. Don't know how long that will last though. (Someone actually tried to fill a Polar Pop cup with coffee!:confused: They didn't succeed.)

pax_65

The old wide mugs that where resort specific are the ones that they sold as unlimited refills for life. We have a couple from the Contemporary from 16 years ago.

I have a bunch of the wide mugs from several resorts - I think Old Key West, Dixie Landings (before it was renamed Riverside), and maybe Caribbean Beach. They were length of stay mugs for that resort. I never saw them sold as "Free Refills for Life."

Goofyernmost

I have a bunch of the wide mugs from several resorts - I think Old Key West, Dixie Landings (before it was renamed Riverside), and maybe Caribbean Beach. They were length of stay mugs for that resort. I never saw them sold as "Free Refills for Life."
I'm not saying it didn't happen, but, personally I have never heard anyone say that they bought one that was promised for life. I have heard that they were told by CM's that they could use them forever, but that's it. Now before I start getting hate mail for this, I have said that I, that's me, personally, have never heard from anyone that this was how they were sold to them. It could have happened. There are a lot of things in life that no one has told me about."I am but a pawn in the game of life". Mongo 1974

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Now before I start getting hate mail for this, I have said that I, that's me, personally, have never heard from anyone that this was how they were sold to them. It could have happened.

You don't want hate mail over something you are not sure about? Speculation is a bad thing on thread in the Rumor section of the board.

*1023*

LucyK

I'm ok with this. Two minutes is more than enough times between refills. And well... if you can shug that much soda in less than 2 minutes you've got a problem :p

I use the DDP for every trip, my mug will already be paid for by the time I get there. I see no problem with the system really and I for one am glad Disney is doing something about the abuse.

Last edited:

LivFreeorDisney

I'm sorry but I started reading this about 40 pages late...I only got the mug for coffee, will the coffee machines work with the mugs? I must have endless cups of coffee or ill fall asleep on Itsa Small World....maybe not a bad thing now that I think about it.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Sorry..Ok let me explain..2010 vacation was in July...Same travel company..same airport..same resort..same 14 day park hoppers..same airport transfers..same wife..same son..No FREE DDP...2012 vacation in July..same travel company..same airport..same resort..same 14 day park hoppers..same airport transfers..same wife..same son..However FREE DDP....Our 2012 package was almost exactly £300 dearer than 2010..However in 2010 our food bill for Q/S meals was between £800 & £900. Our food bill for Q/S meals for 2012 was approx £100 for breakfast meals..
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
Only 100 quid pp more for the same holiday 2 years later :cautious:
I want to know where you are getting your astounding deals Mr Hatter as the park ticket price increase alone swallows up 30 pounds pp and i have a hard time believing that the air fairs and room pricing only went up by 35 quid in 2 years :jawdrop::jawdrop:
On a side note DDP just doesnt justify for me as we eat a lot off property (days @ uni/sw etc)

real mad hatter

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
Only 100 quid pp more for the same holiday 2 years later :cautious:
I want to know where you are getting your astounding deals Mr Hatter as the park ticket price increase alone swallows up 30 pounds pp and i have a hard time believing that the air fairs and room pricing only went up by 35 quid in 2 years :jawdrop::jawdrop:
On a side note DDP just doesnt justify for me as we eat a lot off property (days @ uni/sw etc)
To be honest ( I'd have to check this ) But our 14 day park hopper sells for the same price as a 7... I think that's a Disney offer,not a travel agent offer..This year & next year Disney are still offering this deal,along with $100 spending money & dozens of vouchers with discounts..Now before our first trip back in 2004, a friend of ours said don't accept the travel agents first offer..:confused:..His advice was spot on..First travel company said " Have you had a quote ? " Then they say " We can beat that." Off to the next travel company.." Yes we can take £100 off that price." And so on...It's like selling your car when the salesman asks " How much are you looking for " :confused:..Your answer.." As much as possible "....Quick story..Friend of mine went his first trip in 2011.. Booked with travel agent and took their first price..10 nights at POFQ for 2 adults and a 7 year old..7 day park hoppers..no DDP..Flying with Virgin from Manchester....£5200...One week later I phoned the same travel agent and told them I was looking for a quote for 10 nights at POFQ for 2 adults & 1 child exactly same dates from Manchester..I was asked if I already had a quote,to which I replied yes,£4900.. They took all my info and phoned me back saying best price including 7 day tickets & flying with Virgin for complete package was £4800.. I never told my friend but did advise him for his next trip don't take the first quote..

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
To be honest ( I'd have to check this ) But our 14 day park hopper sells for the same price as a 7... I think that's a Disney offer,not a travel agent offer..This year & next year Disney are still offering this deal,along with $100 spending money & dozens of vouchers with discounts..Now before our first trip back in 2004, a friend of ours said don't accept the travel agents first offer..:confused:..His advice was spot on..First travel company said " Have you had a quote ? " Then they say " We can beat that." Off to the next travel company.." Yes we can take £100 off that price." And so on...It's like selling your car when the salesman asks " How much are you looking for " :confused:..Your answer.." As much as possible "....Quick story..Friend of mine went his first trip in 2011.. Booked with travel agent and took their first price..10 nights at POFQ for 2 adults and a 7 year old..7 day park hoppers..no DDP..Flying with Virgin from Manchester....£5200...One week later I phoned the same travel agent and told them I was looking for a quote for 10 nights at POFQ for 2 adults & 1 child exactly same dates from Manchester..I was asked if I already had a quote,to which I replied yes,£4900.. They took all my info and phoned me back saying best price including 7 day tickets & flying with Virgin for complete package was £4800.. I never told my friend but did advise him for his next trip don't take the first quote..
We tried that one year and switched travel agents :oops: .. Never again the ones we changed to we useless and we ended up doing most of the donkey work ourselves :mad: stuck with the original TA and always get a competetive quote first time (have checked against others and there is never more than £100 difference, most times in our favour)

flynnibus

Premium Member
You don't want hate mail over something you are not sure about? Speculation is a bad thing on thread in the Rumor section of the board.

*1023*

You won't let it go. Here's a hint... It's what you follow your speculation up with that makes the difference...

real mad hatter

What's this thread about again..???:confused:...To the person who asked " how often can you get refills " For your entire stay.....Or as my good Greek friend once told a tourist who came into his Taverna at 11.30 pm and asked " When do you close" ? ...His reply " October "..:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom