Ranking the Magic Kingdom Public Restrooms

Lilofan

Another question is when the daily FL afternoon thunderstorms lightning and rains come in the summertime, which restroom can fit the most rain soaked guests at one time?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
1622312705280.png

Pepper's Ghost

I get ripped all the time for my polls because they take up the page, when threads like these are madeđź’€
An occasional one is fine, but frequently listing 5 to 10 at the same time just comparing two different rides gets old, and yes, it takes up the entire first page of threads. I think it's the number and frequency of these threads that might garner that specialized attention.

spock8113

In the words of Darth Vader, "Impressive" and extremely interesting.
But think about where these bathrooms and sinks flow to............................Walt Disney's Plane?

I do miss the talking water fountain heading from Communicore towards the Land.
Disney originally designed and built a treatment plant using water hyacinths to purify the parks' wastewater.
That required alot of land and a lot of tankage and water hyacinths are sensitive (they cry when you look at them).
Eventually Disney / Reedy Creek went to traditional wastewater treatment processes and if you go Back to the Future on GoogleEarth timeline you can see how their present treatment plant was gradually expanded and upgraded to more present-day technologies.
Bottom line, you flush and forget. Disney can't because the Florida DEP and the USEPA say so.
That's right, the government is telling Disney what to do.

Attachments

• Disney WWTP.jpg
    Disney WWTP.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

DisneyAndUniversalFan

An occasional one is fine, but frequently listing 5 to 10 at the same time just comparing two different rides gets old, and yes, it takes up the entire first page of threads. I think it's the number and frequency of these threads that might garner that specialized attention.
I haven’t done them in a while now, and they’re usually always similar in a way, I never do totally different attractions, regardless they’re good discussion to have on a discussion forum.

ArmoredRodent

Ahem, back to the original topic, which does actually have significant value in a few cases (and I'm not talking bodily urges). So my favorite is one the OP said he was unfamiliar with, and there's a reason for that:

Some of the public rest rooms in MK were near interactive player video screens for the card game Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom (Rest In Peace, born 2011, died Jan 2021), which players joined to help Disney Heroes save the MK from takeover by an ascending hierarchy of Disney Villains. Though the game is not well-known, thousands played SotMK even as it deteriorated from lack of maintenance, and some of the many Facebook groups had up to 5,000 participants.) In SotMK, in response to video cues, you held up playing cards with an elaborate designs of Disney characters and their attributes before video cameras, which read the card (or in advanced versions or with experienced players, often more than one card at a time, since combinations triggered better responses) and triggered an appropriate video response and resulting scoring as to your capability as a Sorcerer. Prizes, both tangible (more free cards) and psychological (titles as high-level Sorcerers) were awarded for high scores. Trading cards were often quite valuable, with the most valuable being the event-generated ones, such as for premium events for Halloween and Christmas, which could go for $70 or more online. Experienced players both stored their collections in extensive card display books and used the books during game play, plus players were quite social and generally gave away many free cards to kids and others who were just curious about the games. Security was fine with players bringing in enormous photo albums and card collections.

What's the relevance to this thread? SotMK often generated bottlenecks before the screens (though, considering the aged technology involved, it was a fantastic game for all ages), impeding passage to the nearby RRs. For example, the cafe seating area (actually behind Pecos Bills with an Adventureland entrance near Pirates) hosted thrice-weekly SotMK meetups, mainly because of the game screen hidden in the fireplace in the back of the seating room. Which was also the main passage to the RRs. First, you had to know it was there to be able to find it (no signage), then you had to maneuver by some 30 or so SotMK players on meet-up days. As a result, the RR was almost always empty and clean. So if that's the one you mean by Pecos Bill's, that's my favorite, and it deserved a high rank. As just one example, I used that RR to change into my SotMK playing shirt (you got extra magical power by wearing one of the game's special shirts, which were usually out-of-stock in the later years).

Pepper's Ghost

I haven’t done them in a while now, and they’re usually always similar in a way, I never do totally different attractions, regardless they’re good discussion to have on a discussion forum.
I know you haven't. Like some wise person said at some point... all good things in moderation... or something like that.

ArmoredRodent

@Pepper's Ghost
Or another formulation would be: "Moderation in all things, even moderation." But you can trace that one back to the Greek poet Hesiod (700AD): "observe due measure; moderation is best in all things." Or Oscar Wilde, Ben Franklin and others: "Moderation in all things, including moderation."

MickeyLuv'r

The Splash Mountain ones are generally fine. Most of the time, people don't get very wet on Splash, and there's quite a distance between the ride exit and the restroom.

I don't see how there's really any way to rank relative cleanliness for any that are in the parks, unless perhaps if you include the ones inside the restaurants. One of the cleaner MK ones is usually the one in Crystal Palace, though I assume the one you mean above is the one located by the First Aid station. Otherwise, it is luck of the draw/random.

I think there is also considerable traffic variation over the course of the day. The ones near the hub saw higher traffic around the parade/fireworks times, while ones at the back of the park see less traffic later at night.

IMO, a more interesting discussion is to compare the décor of each one, and/or how well it fits into the theming of the area that surrounds it.

I am tempted to say though, none of us (or VERY few of us) has any idea if the men's rooms are the same as the women's rooms.

JoeCamel

In the words of Darth Vader, "Impressive" and extremely interesting.
But think about where these bathrooms and sinks flow to............................Walt Disney's Plane?

I do miss the talking water fountain heading from Communicore towards the Land.
Disney originally designed and built a treatment plant using water hyacinths to purify the parks' wastewater.
That required alot of land and a lot of tankage and water hyacinths are sensitive (they cry when you look at them).
Eventually Disney / Reedy Creek went to traditional wastewater treatment processes and if you go Back to the Future on GoogleEarth timeline you can see how their present treatment plant was gradually expanded and upgraded to more present-day technologies.
Bottom line, you flush and forget. Disney can't because the Florida DEP and the USEPA say so.
That's right, the government is telling Disney what to do.
Maybe they found out the hard way water hyacinths are invasive?

TrainsOfDisney

Columbia Harbor House. I know its not on the list but I always go there to "make an executive decision in the Oval Office" after I visit the Hall of Presidents. ;)
Yes. Harbor House and Tortuga Tavern are my favorites!

Also there is one just outside of the Gates by the ticket booths.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom