Random Last Minute Questions

erstwo

I have several questions - all help appreciated! :happy:

I've realized after detailed questions from my family, that I *thought* I knew how a Guest Assistance Card works, but I really am not sure. My dad has a doctor's note. I know he will take that note to Guest Services and obtain his GAC card. My questions are - once we get to a ride queue, what do we do with the card? Give it to the Stand by line attendant unless we all have Fastpasses and then give it to the Fastpass person? Will my dad just sit/ stand at the special entrance until we all make it through the queue to join him? Can my mom stand with him? Would they take us all through with him? We're a large party of 10 - yikes! Not sure they can do that!

Next: Are the 'smart' refillable mugs with the chip in them at Pop Century yet? We have Free Dining so we're getting free mugs anyway, the problem is I still have our 4 mugs from whenever this 'Mickey, Donald, etc.' in the pool design came out and I really don't need 4 more of the same mug. (Don't worry, we aren't drink stealers, I'm just trying to be environmentally friendly and I don't like clutter. :))

Last: (but I think someone might be answering this in another thread for me, but just in case) We got 2 day tickets to get the Free Dining, but we are AP holders. I got an email saying we can use the Magic Bands, but I'm thinking it's better for us to stick to the KTTW so I can be sure to keep them away from the sensors when we enter the parks (to protect our 2 day tickets from being activated) with our AP's. Thoughts on this? Advice?

DisneyJoe

GAC depends on each ride. They usually try to keep you together. He actually doesn't need a note. They will tell you if 10 will be a problem, I think 6 is usually the magic number.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

My husband uses the GAC card every visit. You do not need the doctors note, by law they aren't even suppost to look at it. Just go to the Guest Assistance Window and tell them your needs. The will stamp the card according to those needs. When you approach a ride just go to the attendant there and they will direct you where you need to go. You just show the card. My husband keeps it in a clear pouch on a cord around his neck. You do not need a fastpass with this card. Up to 5 people can go with the card holder threw the line. The others will need a fastpass. MOST GAC entrances are threw the fastpass line so all ten of you can enter the line together just some of you will need to show their fastpass. This is not at all rides but most. The others rides you will have to divide up for. Hope this helps. The cups are still the pool scene as of now but soon will be changing to the chip ones also with pool scene on them. Don't know when you are going.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

I have several questions - all help appreciated! :happy:

I've realized after detailed questions from my family, that I *thought* I knew how a Guest Assistance Card works, but I really am not sure. My dad has a doctor's note. I know he will take that note to Guest Services and obtain his GAC card. My questions are - once we get to a ride queue, what do we do with the card? Give it to the Stand by line attendant unless we all have Fastpasses and then give it to the Fastpass person? Will my dad just sit/ stand at the special entrance until we all make it through the queue to join him? Can my mom stand with him? Would they take us all through with him? We're a large party of 10 - yikes! Not sure they can do that!

Next: Are the 'smart' refillable mugs with the chip in them at Pop Century yet? We have Free Dining so we're getting free mugs anyway, the problem is I still have our 4 mugs from whenever this 'Mickey, Donald, etc.' in the pool design came out and I really don't need 4 more of the same mug. (Don't worry, we aren't drink stealers, I'm just trying to be environmentally friendly and I don't like clutter. :))

Last: (but I think someone might be answering this in another thread for me, but just in case) We got 2 day tickets to get the Free Dining, but we are AP holders. I got an email saying we can use the Magic Bands, but I'm thinking it's better for us to stick to the KTTW so I can be sure to keep them away from the sensors when we enter the parks (to protect our 2 day tickets from being activated) with our AP's. Thoughts on this? Advice?

As far as the two day tickets go we did the same thing and went to Guest Services and got the 2 day tickets put on paper tickets to save for a later time. You could if you wanted to have the AP's put on your magic bands but don't have to after you get there. So you can order the Magic Bands if you want them and just change the ticket situation when you get there.

Upvote 0

luv

Don't bring the doctor's note. They don't need it. They don't want it. They will politely refuse to read it. Just go in and ask for the GAC card. Everyone who asks gets it.

Go the regular queue entrance. They may get you through that way. If they can't, they'll direct you on where to go.

I, me, myself (all of us) would avoid the magic bands like the plague, but that's a personal decision. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom