Random acts of Kindness at WDW

Minnesota disney fan

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I just wanted to start a positive thread about WDW. There are a lot of negative threads about WDW, and I know, I like to read them too. But after a while, it gets to be too much negativism for me.
I know there are a lot of other stories out there about people in the parks who have been kind to you, that made your day or made you feel better!
So, I'll start:
We are seniors who go to WDW once a year, just my husband and I. We love Disney and how it makes you feel "young" again by being in the magic:) I was on a bus ride back from DTD after a long day and the 2nd trip to DTD that day. When I entered, a mother said to her 2 teenage daughters," get up and give the lady a seat please". They both jumped up. They looked to be about 13 or 12 y/o. So I sat down quickly as I have a medical condition that causes constant severe pain. That is the first act of kindness from this family! We got to talking while on the bus, and I stated that I really wanted to see the fireworks at MK, but it go so crowded and I couldn't stand much longer to wait for it. I hadn't seen it for this reason for at least 20 years. The lady quickly got her cell phone out and showed me a video of the complete fireworks!!!! She said that her mother couldn't come with them and she taped the fireworks for her, and she wanted to share them with me, too. I could have cried! They were so beautiful, and the family was so thoughtful to share this with me. They certainly didn't have to. It made my day and my trip. She probably didn't think twice about it, but I certainly have. I can't wait to hear other kindness stories too:)

LilWalt

I can think of times when people would give the paper fastpasses to others. At times that could really brighten someone's day up. I imagine others things have happened just can't think of any at the moment.

Good thread. I get kind of upset reading all the negative stuff as well. Makes me want to tell people, then don't go if it's so bad.

RiceCrispyMickey

I know cast members are paid to be nice at WDW, so it may not be completely 'random', but on our last trip we stayed at SSR. On one day we arrived at the bus stop just as the Hollywood Studios bus was pulling away. The magic kingdom bus was behind it at the stop and the driver opened the doors and asked where we were heading. We said Hollywood Studios and that it had just gone!

The bus was empty, so she told us to jump on and proceeded to chase the Hollywood Studio's bus round all the other bus stops at Saratoga Springs, whilst honking her horn and shouting cmon cmon we have to catch it! IT WAS HILARIOUS! My husband and I were crying with laughter she was so funny. She eventually caught up with it at the springs bus stop and blocked it in so it couldn't leave until we were on board!!

She didn't have to do that, we would have happily just waited for the next bus, but she went out of her way to add that disney magic we all know and love! It was a fab start to the day :)

LilWalt

Speaking of buses, we were at one park and were trying to get to our ADR at the Rain Forest Café at AK and a driver that was getting off was nice enough to bring us there so we could make our ADR. We offered to tip him but he refused.

Last edited:

AngryEyes

Picture it: WDW, last September. I'm 43 and I get on a crowded WDW bus at the end of the day.

I was then offered my seat by a woman who, were I single, I would have hit on AND thought I had a chance with. I was stunned.

Random act of kindness or cruelty?

Or do I just need to hit the gym or something? I'm not slim, but I didn't realize I look like I'm about to keel over.

sophie_the_pooh

Last April, we were on a bus to MK from CBR, and a nice lady who was there with her two kids started talking to us and we found out we were all Pooh fans. We told her we had ADR for Crystal Palace, so she opened her backpack and gave my then 2 1/2 year old son honey sticks to give to Pooh. We thanked her and had my son give the sticks to Pooh, who was delighted and had a great interaction with him! We were very grateful for that random act of kindness!

IowaHawks7

One time i got to go to MK on my actual birthday ( I was 12 i think). And as i was eating at Caseys Corner the Dapper Dans came and picked me and another girl out of the crowd who's birthday it also was and sang us happy birthday. My teenage self was very embarrassed but i got a free brownie out of it from Casey's and its a memory ill always have.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
A few years ago, I didn't have a Fastpass for Tower of Terror. I walked up to the attraction to see how long the standby line was, and it was 50 minutes. It was a really hot, humid day and I didn't want to wait. Sadly, I started walking away when a woman came over to me, and asked me if I wanted her (paper) Fastpass! She said she didn't want to go on, but that her family went inside and she waited for them. I was elated! This nice woman saved me a 50-minute wait!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
A few years ago, I didn't have a Fastpass for Tower of Terror. I walked up to the attraction to see how long the standby line was, and it was 50 minutes. It was a really hot, humid day and I didn't want to wait. Sadly, I started walking away when a woman came over to me, and asked me if I wanted her (paper) Fastpass! She said she didn't want to go on, but that her family went inside and she waited for them. I was elated! This nice woman saved me a 50-minute wait!
I'm gonna miss doing that (or receiving it) with the paper system now gone.

That was always a great experience. I've done it, and had it done for me at WDW and at Disneyland.

Guests making magic for themselves.

deanaandrich

My husband and I were resort hopping late at night. When it was time to get back to our hotel on hotel plaza blvd, there were no taxis in sight. The bellhop called several times and we waited almost 30 minutes. Then a manager from the GF came out and offered us a ride in a company car. We tipped him.

pintraderpayee

Over the last 15 years I've brought 300+ students to WDW. Part of what I taught them was to spread the magic. Through the years, I've seen some of my students: give up seats on buses, monorail and benches, take pictures for people, buy Mickey straws at Cosmic Ray's and pass them out to random kids, push wheelchairs up ramps, ride with little kids who would have had to ride alone on rides like the Magic Carpets, Splash Mountain, BTMRR and RnR, help people find hidden Mickeys, play games in line with bored youngsters and put little kids on their shoulders for fireworks and parades, etc. My DD took an autograph book one year and had CMs in custodial, merchandise, quick service, etc. sign it and told those CMs that they were the real magic-makers. Some of them cried and wanted to take a picture with her! It was fantastic!

zurgandfriend

Every trip to WDW I have worn a cheap "Wal-Mart Special" battered, Red Sox ball cap which my DS hates. Last trip he hid it on me and ordered a new cap for me on line which stated, "Combat Veteran Vietnam." I have never in my life had so many people from all over stop me to shake my hand and thank me for my service to our country. That small random act of kindness seems to mean more to me as I get older.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom