Ralph Breaks the internet... thoughts.. (spoilers may be inside)

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Pros: Loved the King Kong homage in the third act and Google serving as the Empire State Building. The Alan Menken number was an nice highlight in a somewhat underwhelming film.

Cons: The whole movie felt unnecessary, in a Cars 2 or Highlander II way. Ralph’s need to change (his co-dependency) wasn’t apparent well into the movie. The video game nostalgia that was present throughout Wreck-It-Ralph is noticeably lacking in comparison. Prominent likeable characters from the first movie play a lesser role here (Cars 2, again). The Disney Princess inclusion wasn’t as bad as I thought, and I’m not getting into a hissy fit over character integrity; but it shouldn’t have been relied upon.

Iffy: The technological context of this film will date it, horribly or maybe kindly. I’m thinking it won’t be nostalgic, though. I’m imagining all the MySpace references in pop culture 10 years ago and AOL 20 years ago. Yeah. Good times?

6/10

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Pros: Loved the King Kong homage in the third act and Google serving as the Empire State Building. The Alan Menken number was an nice highlight in a somewhat underwhelming film.

Cons: The whole movie felt unnecessary, in a Cars 2 or Highlander II way. Ralph’s need to change (his co-dependency) wasn’t apparent well into the movie. The video game nostalgia that was present throughout Wreck-It-Ralph is noticeably lacking in comparison. Prominent likeable characters from the first movie play a lesser role here (Cars 2, again). The Disney Princess inclusion wasn’t as bad as I thought, and I’m not getting into a hissy fit over character integrity; but it shouldn’t have been relied upon.

Iffy: The technological context of this film will date it, horribly or maybe kindly. I’m thinking it won’t be nostalgic, though. I’m imagining all the MySpace references in pop culture 10 years ago and AOL 20 years ago. Yeah. Good times?

6/10

I’m curious how old you are? Based on your review...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

The somber aspect of the arcade and the aging of that demo and our parents (40’s-50’s and beginning decline significantly - respectively) hit a cord just as much with me just as much as the characters...

And I’m a heartless, soulless, non-
Disney excuse making BA-starred...as everyone knows 🤪

You might be a hair too young for that...being a bit younger?

5thGenTexan

We saw it this afternoon... not sure if the same previews have been shown for the entire run up to this point, but they made me want to stick a screwdriver in my eyes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom