Raising prices yet again!!!! enough is enough!

joeytomatoes

Original Poster
every time you look Disney is raising prices on something. just read that Disney raising prices on soft drinks and snacks etc in the theme parks last week. This week they are raising the cost for the privilege to park your car. So now after you pay the increased theme park entrance costs to get in the park you now have to pay an additional 25.00 to park your car! a few weeks ago Disney announced that they were going to charge you 79.0 pp to get into the parks an hour or so early, that is on top of the 100+ cost for the ticket you already bought., Dear God I know its Disney but the greed is overwhelming. My biggest complaint over the years was how Disney ruined Main Street USA and turned it from a charming land that you could wander through for an hour or two with charming stores , candy shops. arcades etc to one big souvenir shop to buy merchandise you can buy anywhere else in the park, basically making main street just a place to walk through on the way to another part of the park but now with the constant greed of management to bleed you for every last dime... when does it stop.

Tick Tock

Okay, who wants to go first?

Step up, and spin the wheel of potential comments.

wheel1.jpg

Lensman

Last edited:

Cheekylittlerobot

every time you look Disney is raising prices on something. just read that Disney raising prices on soft drinks and snacks etc in the theme parks last week. This week they are raising the cost for the privilege to park your car. So now after you pay the increased theme park entrance costs to get in the park you now have to pay an additional 25.00 to park your car! a few weeks ago Disney announced that they were going to charge you 79.0 pp to get into the parks an hour or so early, that is on top of the 100+ cost for the ticket you already bought., Dear God I know its Disney but the greed is overwhelming. My biggest complaint over the years was how Disney ruined Main Street USA and turned it from a charming land that you could wander through for an hour or two with charming stores , candy shops. arcades etc to one big souvenir shop to buy merchandise you can buy anywhere else in the park, basically making main street just a place to walk through on the way to another part of the park but now with the constant greed of management to bleed you for every last dime... when does it stop.

I agree. I think it wouldn't be as big of an issue if you got more for your money. I don't like paying more for less, but it seems that all companies are doing that these days.

Tomi-Rocket

GREED!! And it appears to have started with the Eisner era. (Reading Disney Wars at present.) But it has had a snowball effect since. They are looking for anything and everything to charge for. I still honestly believe that Disney is no longer interested in bringing in the average family, they want the Trumps of the world, while corprate big whigs are trying to stay amongst the Trumps of the world.

geekza

GREED!! And it appears to have started with the Eisner era. (Reading Disney Wars at present.) But it has had a snowball effect since. They are looking for anything and everything to charge for. I still honestly believe that Disney is no longer interested in bringing in the average family, they want the Trumps of the world, while corprate big whigs are trying to stay amongst the Trumps of the world.
Yeah, Disney War was an eye-opener. While Eisner unquestionably saved the company when he came in, he changed the corporate culture so dramatically by the time he left that, by now, the current management only cares about Disney as a way to wring as much money out of people and into their bonus checks as possible. It's only going to get worse until something catastrophic happens that results in massive losses. Even then, so many current guests no longer know or care about the level of service and quality that was around in the past that they'll be able to continue providing less and charging more for some time. Once consumers stop caring about value and quality, corporations have no reason to provide it.

MickeyLuv'r

Even then, so many current guests....

Can we at least agree to stop calling WDW's customers by this silly marketing term.

If we're paying over $100 per day to be at WDW, we are not "GUESTS" of WDW!

If c-u-s-t-o-m-e-r is too many letter to type, we could try:
s-u-c-k-e-r
d-u-p-e (nice and short)
s-a-p
r-e-g-u-l-a-r (7 letters)

Cognitive Dissonance is rapidly becoming my new favorite term!

geekza

Can we at least agree to stop calling WDW's customers by this silly marketing term.

If we're paying over $100 per day to be at WDW, we are not "GUESTS" of WDW!

If c-u-s-t-o-m-e-r is too many letter to type, we could try:
s-u-c-k-e-r
d-u-p-e (nice and short)
s-a-p
r-e-g-u-l-a-r (7 letters)

Cognitive Dissonance is rapidly becoming my new favorite term!
You're not wrong, but considering that most people on this board are conceivably still visiting WDW, a few of those might just be a tad inflammatory. :)

NickMaio

You can't put a price on memories and nostalgia.....

We vacation to make memories and enjoy our time together......the price of everything goes up - everything - it does not matter where you go with your family.
Disney is one of the many places that people, like us, go back every year or second year. So I guess we tend to look at the picture from last year...." hey this used to cost this much last year, what gives!"......

We will keep going to WDW until we want to go elsewhere because of many factors, price, crowds, interest and lifestyle.

Most vacations are expensive it really does not matter how you cut it - - - - I think when you are not having any fun at WDW anymore - that is when it's time to stop going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom